George E and Alma M (Nielsen) Mundt
Alma Nielsen was the oldest child of Adolph and Emma Sander Nielsen, born 1891 near what is the 50th and Spring Street area of Omaha, Nebraska. She graduated from Springfield High School in 1910. Alma was an active member of Trinity Lutheran Church of Papillion, serving as Sunday School Superintendent and District Officer for many years. She was a member and past president of the Papillion Women's Club, and in 1951 and 1952, served as president of the Sarpy Co. General Federation of Women's Clubs, where she was selected as Club Woman of the year. She was also a member of the Order of Eastern Star, Ch. 114 and Kensington of Papillion (Mundt, 1994).
Alma married George E ("Ed") Mundt in 1912. "Ed" was born northeast of Springfield in 1879. His parents were Henry August & Marie Magdelene Peterson Mundt.
Alma and Ed settled on a farm east of Springfield where they raised seven children. Ed served on the town council of Papillion for several years. In addition to farming and the raising of livestock, Ed was a breeder of Belgian horses. Upon retiring from farming in 1939, Ed took up house painting in the Papillion area. In the early 1940's, he painted all the buildings on the Henry Mundt farm. (source: Art Mundt)
Alma and Ed are buried in Springfield Cemetery, Sarpy County, Nebraska.
Seven children were born to this marriage:
- George H Mundt, born 1914, married Grace M Harder in 1939, and died 1995 in Council Bluffs, IA. George is buried in Springfield Memorial Cemetery, Springfield, NE.
- Anita J Mundt, born 1915, married Ron Bell in 1937.
- Ruby E Mundt, born 1916, married Howard Schobert in 1938.
- Ida M Mundt, born 1917, married Herbert Klockner in 1939, and died 2012 in Fairbury, NE. Ida is buried in Springfield Memorial Cemetery, Springfield, NE.
- Emily M Mundt, born 1919, married William Bowling in 1945.
- Herbert M Mundt, born 1921, married Joanne Kennec in 1952, and died 1996 in Saunders County, NE. Herbert is buried in Hollst Lawn Cemetery, Yutan, NE.
- Arthur Carl Mundt, born 1925, married Lois Jane Carr in 1949, and died 2003. Art is buried in Fairview Cemetery, Lincoln, NE.