Rebecca Catherine OLIVER 34
- Born: 3 Jun 1839, Friend's Cove, Colerain Twp., Bedford, Pennsylvania 31
- Marriage: William Hess MORGRET on 4 Aug 1872 in Rainsburg, Colerain Twp., Bedford, Pennsylvania 31,40
- Died: 1 Dec 1908, Ray's Cove, East Providence Twp., Bedford, Pennsylvania at age 69 31
- Buried: 4 Dec 1908, Ray's Hill Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Breezewood, Bedford, Pennsylvania 31
Rebecca was the daughter of Thomas Oliver and Fanny Greene McCauley.
Rebecca was a most devoted Christian, faithful in the discharge of all of her Christian duties in the Church, the family and the community in which she lived.
1900 Census, East Providence Township, North of Chambersbury Pike, Bedford County, Pennsylvania
90 93 Morgart, Rebecca Head W F June 1839 60 Wd 3 3 PA Eng PA Farmrer
Oliver Son W M May 1873 27 S PA PA PA Farm Laborer
Newton Son W M Jul 1874 25 S PA PA PA Farm Laborer
Fannie Dau W F May 1877 23 S PA PA PA
(Born near Rainsburg, Pa. on June 3, 1839, a daughter of Thomas and Fanny Greene (McCauley) Oliver.
Information from Frederick D. Royer.
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary: The Bedford Gazette, 11 Dec 1908, Bedford, Bedford, Pennsylvania, United States. 30 BEDFORD GAZETTE, Bedford, Pa. - Friday, December 11, 1908
MRS. REBECCA MORGART
Mrs. Rebecca Oliver Morgart, wife of the late William H. Morgart, died at her late residence in Ray's Cove, on Dec. 1, 1908, aged 69 yrs., 5 months and 28 days. Deceased was a most devoted Christian, faithful in the discharge of all of her Christian duties in the church, the family, and the community in which she lived.
Her husband preceded her to the spirit world about 17 years ago. She is survived by the following children: Oliver C. and Fannie, at home, and Newton H. of Ray's Hill; also by one sister, Mrs. M. E. Hudson, of Gothemburg, Nebraska. The funeral services were held on Thursday, conducted by her former pastor, Rev. J. W. Lingle of Bedford. Interment at Ray's Hill Lutheran Church.
Rebecca married William Hess MORGRET, son of Philip George MORGART and Margaret HESS, on 4 Aug 1872 in Rainsburg, Colerain Twp., Bedford, Pennsylvania 31.,40 (William Hess MORGRET was born on 25 Feb 1817 in , Bedford, Pennsylvania, United States,34 died on 11 Jan 1892 in Ray's Cove, East Providence Twp., Bedford, Pennsylvania 40 and was buried in Ray's Hill Zion Lutheran Cemetery, Breezewood, Bedford, Pennsylvania 31.)