Phyllis J. RAYMOND 31
- Born: 11 Jun 1928, Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, United States
- Marriage: Richard Samuel MORGART
- Died: 24 Aug 2005, Mountain Top, Luzerne, Pennsylvania, United States at age 77
- Buried: 29 Aug 2005, Grandview Cemetery, Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania
Name: Phyllis J. Morgart
Last Residence: 18707 Mountain Top, Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Born: 11 Jun 1928
Died: 24 Aug 2005
State Issued: Pennsylvania
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary: Times Leader, 25 Aug 2005. Phyllis J. Morgart, age 77, a resident of Wright Manor, Mountain Top, died Wednesday morning, August 24, 2005, at her home. She was born in Johnstown on June 11, 1928, and was a daughter of the late Robert K. and Alma Custer Raymond.
She was a graduate of Westmont High School and had been employed as a secretary to the general manager of Griffith and Custer Steel Company in Johnstown.
After her work career, Mrs. Morgart was a homemaker and a member of St. John's Lutheran Church, where she was active in Women's Circles of the church, and did volunteer work.
She resided in the Pittsburgh area for 47 years. She resided in Mountain Top for the past six years and was a member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church.
She was preceded in death by her sister, Janice (Raymond) Appel.
She is survived by her husband of 57 years, Richard S. Morgart, Sr.; sons, Richard S., Jr., Raleigh, NC; Dr. Douglas, R., Mountain Top; daughter, Sally Ann Hollingshead, Westerly, RI; six grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
Funeral services will be Friday evening, August 26, 2005, at 8:30 from the McCune Funeral Home, 80 South Mountain Blvd., Mountain Top, with the Rev. Robert Shaffer officiating.
Interment will be Monday, August 29, 2005, at the Grandview Cemetery, Johnstown.
Friends may call at the funeral home on Friday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 316 S. Mountain Blvd., Mountain Top, PA 18707.
Phyllis married Richard Samuel MORGART, son of Frederick William MORGART and Leta Belle DUNFORD. (Richard Samuel MORGART was born on 18 Mar 1925 in Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, United States, died on 30 Jan 2008 in Mountain Top, Luzerne, Pennsylvania, United States and was buried on 1 Feb 2008 in Grandview Cemetery, Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania.)