AKA Morman, Newkirk
Township, Richland County, Wisconsin
WILDERMUTH CEMETERY A.K.A. Morman Cemetery
Catalogued November 30, 1974 by H. A. Dieter. Located one half mile
west of County Trunk NN in Section 7 of Willow Township. It lies within
a fenced area with a large iron gate in the northeast corner. Less than
one third of this area was ever used. The first known burials here were
that of two children of Edwin C and J.A. Wildermuth in the winter
of 1865. The last burial was that of Horace Newkirk in 1930. The ground
is gently sloping with no brush, two pine trees, and much uncut grass
from year to year. One large log design monument is lying on it's side.
The inscriptions, that of David C. Wildermuth family, is face up and
still quite distinguishable.
Back to This Cemetery's Main Page