St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery
Township, Richland County, Wisconsin
ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN - WILLOW
Catalogued December 12, 1974 by H. A. Dieter. Located three miles east
of Junction of Wisconsin 154 with Wisconsin 58 in Section 36,
Town of Willow. It is still considered as being a church
cemetery, even after removal of the church building in about 1960. The
cemetery is enclosed on three sides with the west open to the highway.
It is well kept and still in use for church burials. The first known
burial was that of Anna S. Lasse in 1870, aged 43 years. Denominational
influence was of the early German Lutheran, Missouri, Synod.
Church membership has since merged with a nearby congregation of the
same affiliation. Here, modern means of travel has again changed the
continuance of rural church life. This particular vicinity was more
closely knit together in the horse and buggy days when togetherness
guided the lives of each within their respective neighborhood.
Back to This Cemetery's Main Page