Akan Township, Richland County, Wisconsin USA
FIVE POINTS CEMETERY
Catalogued June 14, 1975 by the Five Points 4-H Club under the
direction of Mrs. Kenneth Kitsembel and Virginia Storms.
Located a short distance north of County Trunk F and west of where
County Trunk X junctions with F. The cemetery is a churchyard cemetery
available only to membership burials from the Five Points Lutheran
Church directly east of the grounds. The first known burial was that of
Ingebor Goplin in 1877 prior to the purchase of church land. This
church served the community until it's destruction by fire in August of
1919. Land for the first church property was purchased from Nels
Anderson in 1889. The grounds are well kept. The original dimensions
were 14 x 16 rods. The new church overlooks the old site to the west.
Back to This Cemetery's Main Page