Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

                                                            Fancy Creek Cemetery
                                                                                             (Aka Gillingham Cemetery)

                                                             Marshall Township, Richland County, Wisconsin  USA

                                                 HERE THEY SLEEP Narrative

FANCY CREEK CEMETERY

Catalogued August 23, 1975 by the Fancy Creek 4-H Club under the direction of Mrs. Rudy Nigl. Located one mile west of Gillingham on Wis. 56, section 14, Town of Marshall. The cemetery was, until recent years, a Presbyterian churchyard cemetery. The church building is no longer standing. However it's part in the Fancy Creek history will remain intact as a valued segment of the living force once directed up this large valley leading westward from Pine River in 1858. Future burials here will no longer be restricted to membership only. Local members are presently, since 1959, worshiping in the new Town and Country Church in Richland Center. A new Wesleyian Methodist church to the west of the old Fancy Creek church premises is now serving the valley in it's stead. The grounds are in good condition. The first known burial was in 1855. One hundred years of community service is now our last inheritance.


                                                         Go Back  to This Cemetery's Main Page