Dayton Township, Richland County, Wisconsin
CORE CEMETERY - Family Plot
Catalogued April 21, 1975 by H. A. Dieter. Located in the northwest
corner of section 19, Town of Dayton. Land surrounding the plot was
owned by Eliz. Beaumont as listed in an 1895 Plat Book. It was included
in a 33 acre tract in section 19. The balance of the Beaumont homestead
contained 70 acres north in section 18. It was later owned by Geo. W.
Core. The burial site was once accessible from an east and west
road leading past the present Boaz school building. The road, as well
as the school, is now obsolete. The grounds are in poor condition. One
stone stands near it's base while the Geo. W. Core monumement lies face
down. The Wm. Core monument lies face up. Courthouse records account
for 9 known graves. There seems to be no further indication of other
burials. A large pine watches over the ones at rest.
Back to This Cemetery's Main Page