Aka Brown Church
Buena Vista Township, Richland County,
BEAR VALLEY CEMETERY
Copied by H. A. Dieter on October 22, 1974. Located in Buena Vista
Twsp., S. 11 east of Wis. Hwy. 130 and Co. Tr. B. It is a church yard
cemetery of the Little Brown Church built in 1875. The first known
burial was of one Benj. Dixon, who died June 21, 1845. The cemetery now
has over 400 burials, is fairly well kept and does appear to be in use
for a long time to come. The first leading families were Burnham,
Carswell and Dixon. Locally this is know as The Brown Church Cemetery.
Local citizens expect to observe a centennial in 1975. There are twenty
known war veterans buried here. Five do not have monument, however them
are presently identified by military records.
Back to This Cemetery's Main Page