Bailey - Lowry
Marshall Township, Richland County, Wisconsin
Tales The Tombstones Tell - Republican Observer - May 2, 1957
This little cemetery is located in section 20, town
of Marshall, on the farm formerly owned, we believe by Glen Richards.
It is located in a field west of county trunk A south of the side road
which leads west to the Sabin fish pond. It is known as the Lowry
cemetery, for what reason we do not know. There are only two tombstones
visible. One reads
To the memory
our dear Mother
Born June 27,
The other is for "Sgt. W. M. Bailey, Co. b 20th Wis.
Vol. Inft." That is all the marking on the stone but from records we
learn he enlisted from the town of Marshall, July 15, 1862, was first a
private, then a corporal and then a sergeant. He was discharged in
December, 1864, on account of illness. It appears likely that Marandy
was the mother of the soldier boy. Others may be buried in this
cemetery but we saw no markers for them.
Back to This Cemetery's Main Page