Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

                                            

                                                           Ash Creek Cemetery
                                                      Orion Township, Richland County, Wisconsin  USA

                                             HERE THEY SLEEP Narrative

ASH CREEK CEMETERY

Catalogued May 24, 1975 by the Ash Greek 4-H Club under the direction of Mrs. Robert Sigrist. Located in section 3, Town of Orion  north of Orion Town Hall and Elm Grove School or 0.6mile north of Junction County Trunks 0 and 00 South. This is a churchyard cemetery, where with the early church,  had it's beginning in the 1850's. The first settlers held to their German Evangelical influence dating back to their homeland nearly two centuries before. From the Evangelical United Brethren of America it finally became integrated with the original M. E. (Methodist Episcopal) now the United Methodist Church. The cemetery is well kept, mainly because of being closely associated with church membership and their personal interest and pride in the grounds and nearby church. To drive past the site is to quickly enjoy and appreciate the care and planning involved. The first known burial was in 1860.



                                                   Go Back  to This Cemetery's Main Page