Search billions of records on
Page 10


Soundex #M600


Submitted by: Judy Bennett 

e-mail me

Notes for Norman Hattersley BUNTING
 New York Residence: 1773 Van Buren Ave. Bronx.

 Social Security Application, 29 Dec 1951, #266-48-0502: 1. Norman Hattersley  Bunting.2. State Bank Bldg, Lake Wales, Fla. 3. Same name. 4. age: 52. 5. DOB: 3-24-[18]99. 6. POB: New York, N.Y., N.Y. 7. Father: Harry Bunting. 8. Mother: Edith Elizabeth Hattersley. 9. Male. 10. Race:  White. 11. Applied for Social Security before? No. 12. Original Employer:  Wales Fruit Company, State Bank Bldg, Lake Wales, Fla. 13. Date: December 29, 1951. 14. Signature: Norman Hattersley Bunting.

 The Crown Jewel of the Highlands; Lake Wales, Florida, Janyce Barnwell Ahl, 1983, p 215: Norman was one of a small group of men who were instrumental in getting the Episcopal Church started in Lake Wales.  He married Cornelia Bartleson in 1923. He started in business as a bookkeeper and studied  accounting at the same time.  Later he went into business for himself as an accountant and passed his Certified Public Accountant examination.  Eventually he became the senior partner of the accounting firm of Bunting, Tripp and Ingley. Norman was a member of the Rotary Club.  He was on the Board of Directors of the Lake Wales State Bank, served on the vestry and as treasurer of the Episcopal Church, also treasurer of the Diocese of South Florida of the Episcopal Church.  He was a trustee at Webber College and served as secretary and treasurer of the Board of Lake Wales Hospital for many years.  He also served as Chairman of the Board for one year.  After a fall he died in the Lake Wales Hospital in 1972, and is buried next to his mother and father in the Lake Wales Cemetery. p 161:  Lake Wales State Bank:  In 1965, the bank (Lake Wales Bank & Trust) observed its 50th anniversary celebration, with ... Directors: ... Norman H. Bunting...

 Judy: Norman loved the sea.  About 1951 he won some money at the dog races in Tampa and came home with the information that he bought a Chris Craft outboard motor boat that would sleep two and had a small galley.  The family had many a fun day on that boat, but never slept on it.  He loved to vaction on a cruise ship, combining two of his favorite activities:  sailing and eating delicious food.

 Polk's Lake Wales; City Directory, 1956: Bunting, Comer & Co. (Norman H. Bunting; Herbert J. Comer, Jr.; Herbert A. Ingley, Jr.) accts 245 E. Park Ave. R1 Bunting, Norman H. (Cornelia B.; Bunting, Comer & Co.) h 604 Lake Shore Blvd.

 The Lake Wales News, January 12, 1961, p 3: (Picture) Policy Making board of the bank is its board of directors composed of bank officers and local businessmen.  Left to right seated:  D.A. Hunt, Douglass Bullard, R.W. Murray, S.D. Gooch,Jr., Kingswood Sprott.  Standing, l-r: S.L. Story, W.H. Greene, Jr., J.H. Whitfield, B.A. Johnson, R.E. Bradley, N.H. Bunting, and Hugh B. Alexander.

 BURIAL: Lake Wales Cemetery, Lot 24.

 Lake Wales Cemetery, Lake Wales, Florida, Reading: Norman H. Bunting: Mar 24, 1899- Nov 30, 1972.

 U.S. Social Security Death Index 1.12 (LDS) Norman Bunting, b 1899, issuance FL, d 1972, residence FL.

 Social Security Death Benefits on CD at GA Room at Marietta Lib: 266-48-0502  Bunting, Norman  b 3/24/1899 Issued: FL  D 11/00/72  res: 33853 FL.

 Children of Cornelia Connor BARTLESON and Norman Hattersley BUNTING were as follows:
 422 i Wesley Norman8 BUNTING [12], born 28 Aug 1924 in Lake Wales, Polk, FL; died 5 Sep 1924 in Lake Wales, Polk, FL; buried  in Lake Wales, Polk, FL.   DEATH: Born premature and died within a week.
 423 ii Edith Anne8 BUNTING [13], born 14 Mar 1926 in Lake Wales, Polk, FL; died 3 Dec 1926 in Lake Wales, Polk, FL; buried  in Lake Wales, Polk, FL.   Newspaper article (no name or date): Death came early this morning at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Norman Bunting of Sessoms Avenue and claimed the winsome little Edith Ann 8 1/2 months old daughter.  The baby had been slightly ailing for two days with what the family thought was little baby disturbances caused from food not properly digested, and with the assistance of Dr. Tomlinson the baby was doing nicely.  After 1? o'clock last night, the parents were aroused by a small cry and on awakening found her in great pain and in a serious condition.  With the help of the physician everything ws done to make little Edith comfortable but at 7 o'clock death came as a relief to her sufferings. This little girl was not only the life and joy of her parents but her grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Bunting who lived in her.  Mr. Bunting, an invalid is confined to his home mostly and this little miss was as a bright star in his life making the pathway smooth.  Funeral services will be held from the  home at 3:30 today.  G. W. R. Cadwell, rector of the Episcopal church from Auburndale will have charge of the services.  The baby will rest beside the tiny brother at Lake Wales cemetery who died 2 1/2 years ago.  The whole community sympathizes with the parents and relatives.
 424 iii Cornelia Carol8 BUNTING [14], born 14 Jul 1927 in Lake Wales, Polk, FL; died 14 Jan 1928 in Lake Wales, Polk, FL; buried  in Lake Wales, Polk, FL.
 425 iv Judith "Judy"8 BUNTING [2], born 22 Nov 1938 in Lake Wales, Polk, FL.   Judy: Van Nason kept urging Cornelia to walk the halls of the hospital.  Judy was about to be born, but it was slow to happen.  This was Cornelia's 4th child.  The first three died in infancy.  Her prayer group had prayed for the past year and God had answered in the affirmative.  The group strongly suggested the name of Judith, because they thought it meant "Gift from God".  Judy appeared that evening of November 22, 1938 at 5 lbs 13 oz and 18 1/4 in long. The first 6 years were spent in the house at 333 Sessoms Avenue,across from Crystal Lake. Her grandparents had built the house when they arrived in  Lake Wales in late 1920.  They built the garage first and lived in it until the house was completed.  There was a screened-in porch on the east side of the house that had canvas covering the screen.  Only occassionally did someone go into that room.  It was kept locked, which added to the mystery.  Judy was very curious, but didn't find out that it was only used for storage until she was much older. In the back yard were several large avocado trees that she learned to climb and navigate expertly.  There was a great feeling of freedom when she was in those trees.  She also enjoyed roller skating, swiming and riding a tricycle. Nearby was a large playground.  From the time she could walk until she had her own children, Judy spent hours there with her friends, scampering over the swings and slides. When she was a toddler, Nancy, the maid would put her in the stoller after her nap and off they'd go to the park. The city pavillion and beach on Lake Wailes were nearby, too.  She learned to swim about 5 years old, but going to the beach at Daytona helped.  Another memory was Judy and her Daddy walking a few blocks (Lake Wales was small!) to the drug store in town and getting an ice cream sundae.  What a treat! During the school years that she was 4 and 5, she attended Mrs. Miller's kindergarten.  Most of those same children graduated together in 1956 from Lake Wales High School, with a graduating class of 103.  In 4th and 5th grade, Judy learned how to play a song flute and in 6th grade took up the flute, which she enjoyed, along with the bagpipes, until she played at F.S.U. with the Marching Chiefs. Scattered throughout her childhood and teen years, she took piano lessons, dancing lessons and became a Brownie and Girl Scout.  Around 5th grade she sailed in the young people's pram fleet, with the fastest pram around - The Bye Baby Bunting, sponsored by her dad's C.P.A. firm, Bunting, Tripp and Ingley. If she wasn't sailing, she was swiming or skiing, which her cousin Blair taught her. At graduation from Lake Wales High School in 1956, she played a flute solo, but not before the music disappeared.  Everything stopped and teachers and students were helping look.  It had blown under the risers on the stage, where sat 103 grauates and teachers.  Thankfully, one young man, an angel?, spotted it and went under the risers, white robe and all, to retrieve the lost music.  The solo proceded and Norman and Cornelia could breathe easy again. In the fall of 1956, she and some life-time friends entered Florida State University.  Judy started out majoring in mathematics with chemistry as a minor, but couldn't figure out what to do with that as a major.  At the beginning of her Junior year, she switched to math education, interning at Haines City High School, about 30 miles north of Lake Wales.  After interning, she decided that was not what she wanted to do, so the last semester she squeezed as many business courses as she could.  Earlier she expressed an interest in accounting, but her daddy said she didn't want to do that.  He had the ulcers to prove it was a high stress job. Bob Stuart came on the scene before her Junior year and by graduation they saw marriage in the future.  Judy got a job at Lewis State Bank, owned by future friends from Holy Comforter Episcopal Church.  Being a teller was fun and Bob and Judy were very active at church with choir and leading a junior high EYC group.  In 1962 Bob entered Virginia Seminary in Alexandria, Virginia. In May 1965, he had a degree and they had 2 boys, heading to Federal Point, Florida.  Bob was a vicar for that church and one in Bunnell, Florida 45 miles away.  Federal Point was on the St. John's River and everyone was a potato farmer or involved somehow with the farming industry.  The second year there Judy taught math at Palatka High School.  Math teachers were so scarce, they were begging.  The principal was great and very supportive, but the next year the third child was expected and she wanted to be with her 2 small boys.  In 1968 St. John's Cathedral called Bob to be a Canon (assistant rector) and the family of 5 moved to Southside Jacksonville.  Everything was so different. This was an urban area, lots of people, close neighbors, crowded highways and roads.  When Robby began 2nd grade, he was miserable.  A wonderful Sister Bernadette took him in hand.  He went to the John Carroll Montessori School for one year and then was joined by Judy and his brothers for the next year.  Judy worked in the office, taught 7th & 8th grade math, and 4th grade all in one year.  That summer Bob got a call to a church in Panama City. For five years he was the rector of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church.  They lived a block from the bay and 20 minutes from the Gulf.  Rusty went to Holy Nativity School when he was 3 and 4, but then joined his brothers at the local public school, which was very innovative. Camping became the summer vacation for the family.  Most of the time it occured during July and they could be found in the North Carolina mountains.  Bob took a strong interest with the pottery that the craftsmen created, so Judy took 3 courses in ceramics at the local college and produced an assortment of pots and an appreciation of the work of the North Carolina craftsmen. In the fall of 1974 Judy started volunteering one day a week at Oakland Terrace School that the three children attended.  The next fall, still as a volunteer, she co-taught "Individualized Science."  During this time, marital problems came to the surface and in September, 1976 they divorced. Judy and the children found a little house on Buena Vista Blvd, near their old neighborhood.  It was very important to the boys, that they stay in the same schools.  Judy worked as a teacher's aide at Cove Elementary School, working one year with a Title I program and the next year handling the money and tickets for lunch and breakfast program and helping in the library.  Also, Judy was taking library science courses from the branch campus of University of West Florida. In April, 1978 Judy and Don Bennett were married at St. Andrew's Church.  Don was an administrator in the electrical engineering department of the local Naval Laboratory, now Naval Coastal Systems Station.  Six months later Don started having small seizures, which were found to be caused from a brain tumor.  As soon as the doctors from Shands Hospital at University of Florida in Gainesville returned from Christmas/New Years vacation in January, 1979, Don had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in the brain.  He had already had a lung removed, due to cancer about 15 years before.   After radiation, he was able to go back to work at the Naval Coastal Systems Center. For 17 years Judy felt very blessed.  As she had been a "gift from God" to her parents, Don had been a "gift from God" to her. Don had 5 children, one living with them that first year.  Robyn was a senior in high school and Judy had no idea what to do with a girl!  Everyone survived and over the years kids left for college and another kid would move in.  At one time there were more people than there were beds.  For a month Robert slept on a mattress in the living room until Eric went to Univ. of Arkansas. Over the years Judy had been a stay-at-home mom and step-mom, enjoying all the children's activities and their friends, but she also had time to be the church's Christian Education coordinator for many years.  She also taught Sunday school and vacation Bible school, designed curriculum, was on the diocese's Christian Ed committee, enjoyed crafts, sewing and gardening.  During the fall of 1978, she joined Don in a 3 year ungraded course from Sewanee Seminary called "Theological Education by Extension", now "Education for Ministry". During the winter of 1983-84, the church decided to purchase a computer for the church office.  Judy and two others enrolled in a computer class to find out how to use a computer.  It happened to be a beginner's programming class and Judy was hooked.  Because she enjoyed it so much, she took all the programming and math classes that Gulf Coast Community College had to offer.  Also, she helped set up and run the church's membership and offering program. After her mother died in 1986, she became interested in family history.  By the time Don died, she was very involved with her genealogy and in the local society as an officer.  From Don's death until March, 1997 she concentrated on Don's family and presented each of his children and brother with 7 family books and a photo album of Don and his family.  Then Judy went back to her family, especially the Bartleson and Porters in anticipation of a Bartleson family reunion July 4th, 1997. In 1990 Judy started volunteering at the public library.  She worked with others, carding returned books.  When the library went on computer, she mended books. That was lonely and boring, so she worked in the Genealogical room, half the time doing her own genealogy.

296. Warren Knowlton7 BARTLESON [19] (Wessie Adrianna6 Kincaid, Henrietta Cornelia5 Connor, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 14 Jul 1905 in Jacksonville, Duval, FL; died 27 Nov 1968 in Little Rock, Pulaski, AR; buried 29 Nov 1968 in Rest Hills Memor, AR.  He married on 15 Dec 1929 Margaret Clarice LANCASTER [35], born 9 Apr 1909 in Wynne, Cross, AR; died 7 Sep 1983 in Little Rock, Pulaski, AR; buried 9 Sep 1983 in Rest Hills Memor, Pulaski, AR, daughter of Clarence LANCASTER [9059] and Mary HUDSON [9060].

Notes for Warren Knowlton BARTLESON
 From Aunt Mardy's memories: My brother Warren was a scamp and always into mischief.  One Sunday when Mama and Papa all dressed up for church they came out to get in the buggy. Warren had changed the wheels putting the back wheels on the front and vice versa.  When they tried to get in the buggy it nearly threw them out.  Another time he whitewashed the fence around the horse yard.  The horse rubbed himself against the fence and was covered with white paint.  Another time - no church. When Warren and his first cousin, Fred, Uncle Charlie Bartleson's son were about four or five years old, Mama and Aunt Lura dressed them up in their clean, white, little clothes and shoes and socks and Warren went over to play with Fred.  Mama and Aunt Lura had been invited to an elegant, society wedding in Riverside and they planned to go together.  The colored stableman told them that when the bride and groom came down the steps after the ceremony everyone greeted them by throwing rice at them which was to bring them good luck.  As Mama and Aunt Lura came out of the church they spied two dirty little street urchins at the foot of the stairs pelting the bride and groom with something. To their surprise and horror they recognized Fred and Warren.  Grabbing the culprits they rushed them out of sight and to the bathtub.  They had been told by the stableman that he didn't have any rice to give them so they used chicken feed to bring the newly-weds good luck!!!

 Mardy: Lake Wales had a very small school so my brother Warren talked my parents  into letting him go to school in a nearby town, Bartow, about 15 or 20 miles from Lake Wales.  He was just before graduating from High School when he ran away and shipped out on a freighter for the summer.

 The following are stories from Cornelia, Warren's older sister, about his childhood in Lake Wales. One day Warren and a friend decided to see how many chinaberries stones they could stuff up their noses.  The trouble was that Warren, the winner, couldn't get all his out, so his mother had to take him to the doctor and let him removed them.  Balancing peas on a knife and see if they would all roll down into his mouth was tame in comparison.

 Bonnie Bartleson: Warren boarded in Bartow so he could attend a high school.  Twice he ran away and joined the Merchant Marines.  While on the ships, he learned knotting and later made hot pads and a stool cover with heavy string.  One trip was made to Cuba.  Later he attended University of Florida and Auburn, majoring in  architecture.  He had to quit when Frank, his older brother, became injured and left the family with poor finances. He worked at Bartleson Wholesale Grocery for awhile, but the store did not support every employee.  Then he went to work for the railroad.  At Wynne, AR he met Margaret, the next to the youngest of 5 girls.  He litterly ran into her while she was sipping lemonade. Her father, Clarence Lancaster,  worked for the railroad.  Clarence also owned the movie theater there.  Margaret's mother was Mary Hudson Lancaster. They eloped December 15, 1929 to Forrest City, AR.  They moved back to Florida and lived for three years with his parents.  Later they lived in an apartment where they became friends with Pete and Van Nason.  Margaret hated the weather and was scared of the water, so they moved back to Arkansas.  He found a temporary job with the Arkansas Highway Department, which lasted 33 years.  He retired 22 Jun 1966 at age 61. In 1958 he suffered his first heart attack.  In 1969 he died of heart failure. He loved to drive cars, swim and dive, play cards and do jigsaw puzzles.  He was very handy making things with his hands.  He enclosed their back porch, making it a den, made kitchen cabinets, rebuilt the garage and made a carport. Warren enjoyed math, but he also wanted a job where he could be outside and he could travel.  Working as a civil engineer with the Arkansas highway department was perfect.  Because of the summer heat in the Arkansas outdoors, he invented and designed an Air Conditioner unit for the house and another for his car, before the time when air-conditioners were used. At the First Presbyterian Church, he was a deacon and then an Elder.  Every Sunday, while Bonnie and Margaret were dressing for Sunday School and Church, Warren would write a letter to the family. Warren was very concientious about his work.  After he finished his responsibilities ahead of schedule, he would help the other employees finish theirs so the entire project would be on time.  He liked people and was very outgoing.

 From a paper written by Arkansas Highway Dept, June 22, 1966: Warren Knowlton Bartleson:  Today we honor a senior member of our Planning and Research Division, Warren Knowlton Bartleson -- better known to us all as "Bart" -- for completing, uninterrupted, thirty years of dedicated efforts with the Department. Bart is Section Head of Data Analysis, Reduction and Computer Programming Section of Planning and Research; or, as better known, Road  Inventory.  Of the nearly 75,000 miles of roads and streets in Arkansas -- Bart is the only man that knows where they all are, who uses them, and their conditions.  His abilities to develop new methods and techniques for analyzing and presenting road inventory information are unexcelled, and some of his procedures are being used by other states. Bart was born in Jacksonville, Florida, educated in the schools of Bartow,and later attended the University of Florida where he studied Civil Engineering. Working for a Railroad brought him to Arkansas where he met the former Miss Margaret Lancaster of Wynne, whom he married in 1929.  They have one daughter, Bonnie Kay, who works in Little Rock. Bart is an Elder in the First Presbyterian Church of Little Rock.  He enjoys a favorite hobby "loafing". It is indeed a pleasure to present you this thirty year Pin and Certificate for continuous service to the Highway Department.  The foundation that has been laid by your efforts will be the basis to continue our progress in building the best roads possible.

 Copy of magazine article; no name or date: Five Department employees were recognized for their years of service and four of them received longevity awards during the June 22 meeting of the Highway Commission.  W.K. "Bart" Bartleson, head of the Data Analysis, Reduction and Computer Programming Section at Planning and Research;...have each completed 25 years. The section headed by Bart Bartleson is better known as the road inventory section and Bart probably knows more about the 75,000 miles of roads and streets in Arkansas, who uses them and their condition than anyone else in the state.  Some of the methods he originated for analyzing and presenting road inventory information is being used by other states.  A native of Jacksonville, Fla., Bart studied civil engineering at the University of Florida.  He worked for a railroad in Arkansas before coming to the Highway Department.  He and Mrs. Barlteson, the former Margaret Lancaster of Wynne, reside at 58 Flag Road. They have one daughter, Bonnie Kay, who is employed in Little Rock.  Bart is an elder at First Presbyterian Church.  As is to be expected of an elder, Bart is an honest man - he admits that his favorite hobby is loafing...

 Social Security Death Benefits on CD from GA Room at Marietta Library, 9/95:
432-28-9160 Bartleson, Warren b 7/14/1905, Issued AR, Death 11/1968, residence zip: 72205, Residence: AR.

 Arkansas Gazette. Fri., Nov 29, 1968.: Warren K. Bartleson, aged 63, of 58 Flag Road, died Wednesday at his home.  He had recently retired after 32 years of service with the state Highway Department as a highway engineer.  He was an elder in the First Presbyterian Church and a member of the R.D. Adams Men's Bible class.  Survivors are his wife, Mrs. Margaret Lancaster Bartleson; a daughter, Miss Bonnie Bartleson of Little Rock, and three sisters, Mrs. N.H. Bunting of Lake Wales, Fla., Mrs. Blair Littlejohn of West Palm Beach, Fla., and Mrs. Roy Karshner of Atlanta, Ga.  Funeral will be at 3:30 p.m. Friday at Griffin-Leggett by Dr. R. D. Adams.  Pallbearers will be Nathan Bingham, Bill Looney, Grover Hughes, Grover Smith, Gus Johnson, W.W. Berger, Buddy Lewter and Mayo White.  Burial will be at Rest Hills Memorial Park.

 Newspaper Clipping, 1968: Funeral for Warren K. Bartleson, 63, 58 Flag Road, who died Wednesday in his home, was today at 3:30 p.m. in the Griffin-Leggett Chapel by Dr. R. D. Adams. Burial was in Rest Hills Memorial Park.  He had recently retired after 32 years of service with the State Highway Department as a highway engineer.  He was an elder in the First Presbyterian Church and a member of the R.D. Adams Men's Bible class.  Survivors include his widow, Mrs. Margaret Lancaster Bartleson; a daughter, Miss Bonnie Bartleson of Little Rock, and three sisters, Mrs. N.H. Bunting of Lake Wales, Fla., Mrs. Blair Littlejohn of West Palm Beach, Fla., and Mrs. Roy Karshner of Atlanta, Ga.

 Copy of article ?; December 1968: Warren K. Bartleson of 58 Flag Road, Little Rock, died November 27 at his home after a short illness.  He had retired October 1 as head of the Data Analysis and Reduction Section of the Planning and Research Division. Bartleson, 63, had been with the Department 32 years.  He was hired by Fred J. Herring, left in the picture, in 1936 and together they pioneered a highway planning survey in compliance with Congressional action taken in 1934 to provide highway administrators with effective management tools.  The survey was the precursor of present day Planning and Research Division work. "Bart", as he was known by all his friends, was a native of Lake Wales, Fla.  He was an elder in First Presbyterian Church and a member of the R.D. Adams Men's Bible Class.  Survivors are his wife, Mrs. Margaret Lancaster Bartleson; a daughter, Miss Bonnie Bartleson of Little Rock; and three sisters, Mrs. N.H. Bunting of Lake Wales, Fla., Mrs. Blair Littlejohn of West Palm Beach, Fla., and Mrs. Roy Karshner of Atlanta, Ga.    Funeral services were held at Griffin-Leggett Funeral Home on November 29 by Dr. R.D. Adams.  Pallbearers were Nathan Bingham, Bill Looney, Grover Hughes, Grover Smith, Gus Johnson, W.W. Berger, Buddy Lewter and Mayo White.  Burial was in Rest Hills Memorial Park.

 U.S. Social Security Death Index 1.12 (LDS) Warren Bartleson, b 1905, issuance AR, d 1968, residence AR.

Notes for Margaret Clarice LANCASTER
 U.S. Social Security Death Index 1.12 (LDS) Margaret Bartleson, b 1909, issuance AR, d 1983, residence AR.

 Children of Warren Knowlton BARTLESON and Margaret Clarice LANCASTER were as follows:
 426 i Bonnie Kay8 BARTLESON [36], born 9 Mar 1943 in Little Rock, AR.   Judy: Bonnie attended Miss Jean Anthony's kindergarten, Woodruff Elementary School, Pulaski Heights Jr. High and Hall High School.  She was at Arkansas College at Batesville, now Lyon's College, for 2 years.  As a child she took piano lessons for several years. She first started working for an insurance company, doing secretarial work. That was followed by the State Chamber of Commerce and T.J. Raney & Sons, investments.  Then she started her long stint with the State in the Division of Legislative Audit in 1976.  She is now supervisor of the employees and makes sure the audits are correct and they are ready for legislative committee meetings.  She enjoys crafts, traveling, the water, hunting and fishing.  She collects angels, making many of them.  She took painting lessons.  When she first started working she lived at home, then an apartment.  In 1983 after the death of her mother, she moved back into her parents' home.

297. Margret Kincaid7 BARTLESON [20] (Wessie Adrianna6 Kincaid, Henrietta Cornelia5 Connor, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 4 May 1910 in Jacksonville, Duval, FL; died 2 Jul 1993 in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, FL.  She married on 29 Apr 1937 in Lake Wales, Polk, FL Blair Rice LITTLEJOHN [28], born 6 Aug 1910 in Twisp, Okanogan, Wa; died 25 Oct 1999 in West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, FL.

Notes for Margret Kincaid BARTLESON
 Family: Margret decided on the spelling of her name.  She was born in Riverside, Jacksonville.  She was the youngest.

 Aunt Mardy's memories: My oldest brother (Frank) had a little grocery store not far from where we lived.  I was only about a year or two.  I loved to go to see him because he gave me candy.  He would sit me on the counter and I would entertain the customers by telling my name and baby-talking while he bribed me with candy and cookies.  "Big brotherly Pride".  After my nap and bath in the afternoons while my nurse was finding my clean clothes I would slip out and get the sugar bowl. They followed my trail down the street to my brothers store and there I was sitting on the counter with no clothes on.  Not for long, though. Our family used to spend the summer at Pablo Beach, now known as Jacksonville Beach.  It was a joy to go in the ocean.   However, it ruined my skin and I'm paying for those joys with having skin cancers removed frequently.  When I was a little girl Grandma Bartleson used to have a seamstress who lived across the street from her make some lovely little dresses for me.  She told me she was having them made for a little friend who was just my size.  I was so naive that I believed her.  But there was one dress that had a high lace collar around the neck.  I hated that dress and tried to tear the collar off every time I was made to wear it, but I never could.  Grandma and Aunt Maggie lived next door to each other on Fourth Street in Springfield.  The streets were made of brick and very noisy when horses and wagons went by so if anyone was ill or died, they barricaded the street and put rubber tires on the buggies so the noise would not disturb the ill or dying. Every Saturday Mama gave me a quarter and I would go to town.  Ten cents for the street car, ten for a movie and five for candy.  I spent at least 1/2 hour going back and forth trying to decide which candy to buy with  my precious 5 cents.  One time while in a movie a girl sat next to me.  I was so engrossed in the movie that I didn't know she had put her hand in my purse and stole my money. When we came out of the movie we didn't have any car fare to get home.  The usher called my daddy and told him he would give us money to get home.  Papa went back later and paid him. It was quite a thrill  putting a penny on the street car tracks and when the car rolled over it it would flatten.  However, not realizing the danger I got quite brave and put a board on the track.  The trolley had to stop so the conductor had to remove it.  The talking to I had to listen to quickly took the naughtiness out of me and that was the last time I got that brave. We lived in a big lovely two  story house in Jacksonville (Brentwood).  A very nice section but since has deteriated and not a nice section now.  We moved to Lake Wales in 1920 where my Daddy opened a wholesale grocery warehouse which serviced all the small towns in that section of the state.  Neta worked as secretary.  There were no house to rent so we boarded with the Thulberry family until Papa could make arrangements for living quarters.  Lake Wales had only one paved street, the north-south highway, known as the Scenic Highway.  No sidewalks and we had to plod through deep sand to get to "town".  Having just come down from Jacksonville I couldn't understand where the street car tracks were.  Papa bought some big 16 X 16 army tents and had wooden floors installed and walls about 3 feet high.  We had electricity and water installed so we were quite comfortable.  There was a large living room tent, dining room & several bedrooms tents, a small kitchen and a small tent for the colored maid that we brought from Jacksonville.  They were placed on the edge of a lovely lake.  Our only inconvenience was bathing in the winter.  Summer was fine.  I learned to swim and to dive in that lake. A little neighbor boy (Jack Ahl) came over every day in his boat and we rowed around the lake.  One day we caught an alligator about 4 feet long.  Jack shot it and we took it home to have our pictures taken.  Papa had a big leather couch. The top lifted up and revealed a storage area.  Mama filled it with books.  I loved to read and every Sunday morning I suddenly acquired a tummy ache and had to stay home from Sabbath School.  By Monday morning I regained my health.  I didn't think I could get by with another day at home. I wanted a bicycle for Christmas so badly but with no paved streets it was unlikely that I would get one but I did.  It took 13 months to get our house built but we survived.  Lake Wales had a very small school so my brother Warren talked my parents into letting him go to school in a nearby town, Bartow, about 15 or 20 miles from Lake Wales.  He was just before graduating from High School when he ran away and shipped out on a freighter for the summer. I was a member of the Campfire Girls and we used to have lovely overnight campout trips.  Mavis Holmes was our teacher and Campfire leader.  My daddy let me have the car on Thursday afternoons.  I would load it full of my friends and all we did was ride around the town and the big lake.  We spent nearly all of our afternoons and Saturdays at the lake swimming or skiing. Actually, it was surf boarding as we didn't have skiis then.  We lived in a two story house facing the lake on the corner of Lakeshore Boulevard and Central Avenue.  My Daddy was instrumental in getting the (oak) trees planted around the lake as he was on the City Council and planning Commission at that time.  Fifty years later the whole hillside looks lovely with the large oak trees and homes covering the hillside. I spent my last year in high school in Atlanta with May and Roy and graduated from Decatur High.  After that I returned to Lake Wales and got a job with the City of Lake Wales as Assistant City Clerk.  I sent out tax  notices and collected the taxes.  While working, my Mother and Daddy took a trip to Fort Myers to visit his sister.  When they left on their way to Miami on the Tamiami Trail a tire blew on the car, sending it into the canal which ran along the side of the highway.  The door flew open sending my daddy to the bottom of the canal.  Mama could just barely get her head above the water.  She got his hand and tried to pull him up but to no avail and finally felt his hand go limp.  Some people stopped and helped her out but he was gone.  They took her to the hospital in Fort Myers.  I stayed with her so did not get to attend the funeral but the reports were it was one of the largest ever held in Lake Wales. A couple of years later May, Neta and I went on a trip to the World's Fair in Chicago.  We had a wonderful time and the people in the stateroom next to us said they could hear us laughing and giggling nearly all night long.  One thing that impressed me was the twilight until 10 o'clock at night.  In 15 minutes after the sun goes down in Florida it is pitch dark. Nearly every summer Papa would load us all in our little car and head for Atlanta.  We would stop along the way and get watermelons, corn, little bitty lima beans and all sorts of fresh vegetables.  There was hardly any room for our feet.  Several trips I made to Atlanta was on the train alone or with someone from Lake Wales who was going up.  May would take me to Lakewood Park where I had a ball on the ferris wheel, roller coaster, etc.  She also took me to movies and I saw my first ballet which I thought was out of the world.  At 10 the family moved to Lake Wales, where she entered grade school.  She  was in the Campfire Girls, where they went on lots of camping trips and slumber parties.

 Newspaper Clipping in possession of Blair LittleJohn: 1921: Shot an alligator - Jack Ahl shot a five foot alligator in North Lake Wailes. Saturday morning. The young man discovered the gator sunning himself in the grass in the edge of the east side of the lake and getting his 25-35 put a ball through the reptile's head.  Miss Margaret Bartleson came across the lake in her boat and the two took Mr. Gator to the Bartleson place.

 Mardy: About 1924, Margret went with her parents to Ft. Myers for the winter and she attended school there.  In Junior High School she started dating Blair LittleJohn, from Star Lake.  During her high school years they would gather at the lake to swim and water ski.  Her father would let her drive the family car to drive around the lake or "drag the main". She was initiated into a high school sorority.

 Mardy: At 16 she went to Washington, D.C. with her Papa, Mama, and Warren by way of Atlanta.  The four had a "suite" of rooms in a lovely hotel for the weekend for $10.00.  From there they went through Pennsylvania to Cleveland where they boarded a ferry and made the overnight trip across Lake Erie to Detroit. They visited Wessie's sister Etta in Detroit.  They crossed the border into Canada at Windsor one day.  On their return trip they went by Grand Chain, Illinois, John's birthplace.  They met quite a few of his relatives who came for a reunion that was held at a cousin's home on a high bluff over the Ohio River.

 Mardy: For her last year of high school she lived with her older sister, May, and attended Decatur High School.  She worked as Assistant City Clerk for the city of Lake Wales.   One summer Wessie and Margret took a boat trip from Jacksonville to New York.  Another summer she went to Cuba with several friends on a boat trip. After graduation, Blair worked for the U.S. Corp of Engineers on the Mississippi River and later on the Intracoastal Waterway Canal through Florida. He lived in Delray for a while and later in Miami.  He would drive to Lake Wales on the weekends to see Margret and drove the 5 or 6 hour trip back to Miami after midnight getting there in time to go to work on Monday mornings. He gave up his position with the government and went in business with his brother-in-law, Jack Faircloth.  They had the International Harvester Company Agency for 30 years.  Margret and Blair were married in 1937.

 Florida Combined Marriage Index, 1937: Bartleson, Margaret; Highlands, Vol 382, #7301. Littlejohn, Blair R.; Highlands, Vol 382, #7301.

 Mardy: In January 1940, Margret gave birth to her only child, Blair, Jr. In 1954 they started their travels.  In 1964 they bought an Airstream Trailer for longer and further travels.  In 1965 Blair sold his half of the business. They have been in every contiguous state, except Nebraska and Iowa and have been in Canada and Mexico.

 1921: Gainesville, Aug 31 (Special): Mrs. J.D. Stringfellow entertained a large number of young people at her lovely home yesterday afternoon, honoring her nieces Kitty and Olive Kincaid, of Newberry, whose birthdays are only a few days apart, and also, honoring another little niece, Martha (Margret) Bartleson of Lake Wales. After romping on the lawn and indulging in various games popular with children, the birthday cakes were out.  Martha Bartleson and Dorothy Tucker for the rings; Rodney Layton and Olive Kincaid cut the dimes; Elizabeth Shands and Virginia Chitty the wishbones. A delicious ice course was served, Mrs. Stringfellow being assisted in serving by Mrs. A.R. Harper, Mrs. W.A. Shands and Mrs. Mamie Warner.

 Newspaper clipping, West Palm Beach, FL: Born May 4, 1910 in Jacksonville, Fla. died July 2, 1993 after a brief illness.  She was a resident of West Palm Beach since 1937 and was a member of the United Methodist Church of the Palm Beaches and the Daughter of the American Revolution. Surviving are husband, Blair R. LittleJohn; son, Blair and wife Sallie; grandson, wife and great granddaughter, Blair, Debra and Kimberly; granddaughter and husband, Susan and Alejandro Casas.  Extended family includes nieces, Charlotte  Chapman and family of Atlanta, Ga., Judy Bennett and family of Panama City,Fla. and Bonnie Bartleson of Little Rock, Arkansas. A Memorial Service will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, July 4, 1993 at Lake Osborne Presbyterian Church, 6th Avenue South and Sunset in Lake Worth, with Rev. Lynn Downing officiating.  The family will greet friends at the church 2 p.m. Sunday until time of service.  In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to United Methodist Church or Lake Osborne Presbyterian Church Building Funds in memory of Mrs. LittleJohn.  Mack Stephenson Funeral Home, 1004 South Dixie Hwy, Lantana in charge of arrangements.

 Social Security Death Benefits on CD at GA Room at Marietta Lib 263-18-1763 LittleJohn, Margret b 5/4/1910  Iss: FL  d 7/2/1993 res 33405.

Notes for Blair Rice LITTLEJOHN
 Blair: Blair's folks were from N.W. South Carolina near Spartanburg.  When the Depression hit, his father moved to Washington State, followed by the rest of the family.  Blair was the only one born in Twisp, WA.  He had 2 brothers, nicknamed Poncho (Howard Andrews) and Caesar (Charles Milton) and 1 sister, Dean.   Howard Andrew, his father, had a general merchandize store and was the postmaster in Pateros, WA. While there Howard worked for a developer and surveyor, owning the first automobile, a Brush.  He was a "chopper" among other things.  In 1916, Daisey Rice, his mother, Dean and himself moved to Belton, SC, his mother's home, although Daisey and Idell were born in South Carolina.  Soon the rest of the family followed. Joel Towers Rice, Blair's grandfather, built the family a house in Belton, where they lived from 1918 until 1925.  Howard was the postmaster. In 1925, Ceasar graduated from Clemson and he and his dad moved to Lake Wales.  Blair drove his mother down to Lake Wales to join them.  Milton's  first job was with a realter, doing surveying and then with the Mountain Lake Corporation as an engineer, helping with the building of the Bok Tower.  They lived in an apartment, diagonally to the high school.  Howard and Stemwick bought school buses and transported children.  Occassionally Blair drove the buses while in high school. In 1928 Blair went to Clemson, graduating in 1932 with a civil engineering degree.  He was a member of Tau Beta Phi, an honorary engineering fraternity. His first job was with the U.S. Engineering Department on the Mississippi River as a building inspector of permiable pile dykes.  He lived in Tiptonville, TN. From there he was moved to Tampa, working with dredging and contruction.  Later he was moved to West Palm Beach, where he helped build the Intercostal waterway between Delray and Ft. Lauderdale.  He was the government inspector of the private dredger.  Later he was in Miami, involved in the dredging of the port for the berths for ships.  He made sure the barges dumped in the proper locations in the ocean. In 1937 Jack Faircloth and Blair became partners.  Jack had already worked for International Harvester so they had the dealership for IH, both trucks and tractors.  The tractors brought in good business from the vegatable farmers. Later they became the 1st Datsun dealership.  Datsons are now Nissans. In 1937 another partnership was formed.  Blair and Margret were married. Margret was the 1st girl he met and knew in Lake Wales. Jack and Blair sold their business in 1965.  He retired from full-time employment, but worked for 19 years in the winter for H & R Block.  Margret and Blair could then enjoy many years traveling in their Airstream trailer, through the U.S., Mexico and Canada.

 West Palm Beach Post, Friday, October 29, 1999: Funeral Notices: Blair R. LittleJohn. Born August 6, 1910 in Twisp, Washington. Died October 25, 1999 in West Palm Beach. He spent his early years in Belton, SC berfore his family moved to Lake Wales, FL where he graduated from high school. He was a 1932 graduate of Clemson College with a degree in Civil Engineering. He spent several years working for the US Army Corps of Engineering dredging the Intracostal Waterway between Delray Beach and Ft. Lauderdale. The balance of his career was spent in business with his brother-in-law, the late E.V. "Jack" Faircloth in the International Truck dealership, Faircloth Truck & Tractor. He and Margret spent the next 23 years traveling the US and Canada in an Airstream Trailer. He was pre-deceased by his wife of 56 years Margret B. LittleJohn. Survivors include his son and daughter-in-law Blair and Sallie LittleJohn; grandchildren Blair R. Little John III and his wife Debbie; Susan Casas and her husband Alex; and great-grand-children Kimberly and Amy LittleJohn and Cristina Casas; brother Milton LittleJohn of Ohio; and sister Daisy Dean Faircloth, Black Mountain, NC. A memorial service will be held at Lake Osborne Presbyterian Church, Friday, October 29 at 4 P.M. Friends may greet the family at a reception in the Fellowship Hall following the service. In lieu of flowers the family suggests a contribution to Lake Osborne Presbyterian Church, 2?? 6th Avenue South, Lake Worth, FL 33461.

 Children of Margret Kincaid BARTLESON and Blair Rice LITTLEJOHN were as follows:
 427 i Blair Rice8 LITTLEJOHN (Jr.) [29],

304. Eugene Wesley7 CONNOR [8601] (Wesley Sidney6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1),   He married (1) in Feb 1943 Mary Lou SWEARINGIN [8602]; (2)  Glee (---) [8605]; (3)  Dorsey (---) [8606].

Notes for Mary Lou SWEARINGIN
 Lou or Louise or Lorri.

 Children of Eugene Wesley CONNOR and Mary Lou SWEARINGIN were as follows:
 428 i Michal8 CONNOR [8603].
 429 ii Mary Lou8 CONNOR [8604].

305. Alice Louise7 CONNOR [8607] (Wesley Sidney6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 16 May 1919.  She married on 8 Dec 1943 Warren Lee COLLINS [8608].

 Children of Alice Louise CONNOR and Warren Lee COLLINS were as follows:
 430 i Wesley8 COLLINS [8609].
 431 ii Warren Selwyn8 COLLINS [8610].
 432 iii Foster8 COLLINS [8611].

307. Ann Etta7 CONNOR [8614] (Wesley Sidney6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 6 Apr 1924.  She married  Charles E. PIERSON [8615].

 Children of Ann Etta CONNOR and Charles E. PIERSON were as follows:
 433 i Lidia8 PIERSON [8616].

308. Margaret Arlene7 CONNOR [8617] (Wesley Sidney6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 28 Jul 1926.  She married  Richard W. WHITE [8618].

 Children of Margaret Arlene CONNOR and Richard W. WHITE were as follows:
 434 i Bob8 WHITE [8619].
 435 ii Dick8 WHITE [8620].
 436 iii William8 WHITE [8621].

310. Kenneth William7 CONNOR [8623] (John William6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 1908; died 1946.  He married (1) in 1931 Pearl Mae CLARK [8624], born 1894; died 1943; (2)  Gladys MEDLOCK [8631].

 Children of Kenneth William CONNOR and Pearl Mae CLARK were as follows:
 437 i Kenneth William8 CONNOR (Jr.) [8625],
 438 ii June Marie8 CONNOR [8629].

 Children of Kenneth William CONNOR and Gladys MEDLOCK were as follows:
 439 i Gladys Carol8 CONNOR [8632],

312. Ruth Alice7 CONNOR [5396] (John William6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 13 Jul 1917.  She married in Jul 1936 Robert George MORROW [5397], born 1910.

 Children of Ruth Alice CONNOR and Robert George MORROW were as follows:
 440 i Ruth Ann8 MORROW [8634],
 441 ii Robert John8 MORROW [8636],
 442 iii James Edmund8 MORROW [8637].
 443 iv Don Jerome8 MORROW [8638],

314. Coral Henrietta7 CONNOR [8643] (Samuel Walters6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 1 Oct 1923.  She married on 8 Jan 1942 Theodore Evans MILLER [8644].

 Children of Coral Henrietta CONNOR and Theodore Evans MILLER were as follows:
 444 i Shari Lane8 MILLER [8645],
 445 ii Phillip Evans8 MILLER [8646].

315. Hariett Elizabeth7 CONNOR [8647] (Samuel Walters6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 1 Oct 1927.  She married on 22 Dec 1948 Russell E. PETERSEN [8648].

 Children of Hariett Elizabeth CONNOR and Russell E. PETERSEN were as follows:
 446 i Kris Lee8 PETERSEN [8649].
 447 ii Stephanie Marie8 PETERSEN [8650].
 448 iii Monica Louise8 PETERSEN [8651].
 449 iv Nancy Elizabeth8 PETERSEN [8652].

316. John Edmond7 CONNOR [8653] (Samuel Walters6, William Shackleford5, Henrietta4 Mayson, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 21 Oct 1927.  He married  Helen Miller STRUPE [8654].

 Children of John Edmond CONNOR and Helen Miller STRUPE were as follows:
 450 i Helen Margaret8 CONNOR [8655],
 451 ii Matilda Ann8 CONNOR [8656],

319. William Thomas7 COWDREY [9970] (James Moore6, James William5, James Moore4, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 24 Feb 1890 in Paris, Lamar Co, TX.  He married (1) on 9 Dec 1908 in Harrison, Boone Co, AR Nola Vida ROGERS [9971], born 30 Jun 1888 in Harrison, Boone Co, AR; died 31 Mar 1927 in Glendale, Los Angeles Co, CA; buried 2 Apr 1927 in Glenview Cemetery, Glendale, Los Angeles Co, CA; (2) on 5 Dec 1929 Catherine BRIESE [9972].

 Children of William Thomas COWDREY and Nola Vida ROGERS were as follows:
 452 i Henry Bentz8 COWDREY [9973], born 10 Apr 1910 in Harrison, Boone Co, AR; died 17 Oct 1934.
 453 ii John Edward8 COWDREY [9974], born 17 Dec 1921 in Midvale, Washington Co, ID; died 26 Apr 1972.

363. Mary Eugenia7 MUNNERLYN [4244] (Charles James6, Harriet Eugenia5 Shackleford, Harriet4 Cowdrey, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 18 Jun 1875; died 26 May 1961.  She married on 30 Jun 1896 John Peel DONALSON [4245].

Notes for Mary Eugenia MUNNERLYN
 Collections of Early County Historical Society, 1971, Vol 1, p 168, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 1908-1965 by Sarah Rebecca Moore Standifer: ... Mr. Lawrence had bought a lot on College Street, where formerly stood the home of Richard Holmes Powell, father of Judge Arthur G. Powell of Atlanta. He now had money enough to start building the church. His friend Mr. Lockwood, an architect of Columbus, drew plans and the church was built in 1916. It was named by Mrs. Eugenia Munnerlyn Donaldson, one of the original five, and called Holy Trinity...

 Children of Mary Eugenia MUNNERLYN and John Peel DONALSON were as follows:
 454 i Lucie Otey8 DONALSON [4238], born 4 May 1897.   Collection of Early County Historical Society, 1979, Vol 2, p 461: Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 1908-1965 by Sarah Rebecca Moore Standifer: In January, 1910, Rt. Rev. F.F. Reese, D.D. Bishop of Georgia, came from Savannah and confirmed four. This was the first confirmation held in Blakely; it took place in the Blakely Methodist Church, out of deference to the Bishop. Those confirmed were: Harry Paul Munnerlyn, Lucie Otey Donaldson...
 455 ii Martha Eugenia8 DONALSON [4225], born 25 Jun 1899.   Collections of Early Co Historical Society, 1979, Vol 2, p 462: No issue; however, William Mobley Howell, nephew of Thomas Jackson Howell, Jr. lived in their home for a number of years during his childhood. Of Graham, Texas.  Collection of Early County Historical Society, 1979, Vol 2, p 461: Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 1908-1965 by Sarah Rebecca Moore Standifer: The first marriage to take place in the church was that of Thomas Jackson Howell, Jr. and Martha Eugenia Donaldson on August 19, 1922. James B. Lawrence officiated.
 456 iii John Munnerlyn8 DONALSON [4227], born 22 Aug 1901.

378. Viva Marion7 HOBBS [9584] (Selma Mae6 Brown, Cornelia Washington5 Cowdrey, William Drayton4, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 25 Nov 1905; died 5 Jan 1962.  She married  J. Victor HUTCHINSON [9585].

 Children of Viva Marion HOBBS and J. Victor HUTCHINSON were as follows:
 457 i Victor Hobbs8 HUTCHINSON (Jr.) [9586].

379. Muriel Hilda7 HOBBS [9592] (Selma Mae6 Brown, Cornelia Washington5 Cowdrey, William Drayton4, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 8 Feb 1907.  She married  Robert Duncan HALL [9593].

 Children of Muriel Hilda HOBBS and Robert Duncan HALL were as follows:
 458 i Robert Duncan8 HALL (Jr.) [9594],
 459 ii Muriel8 HALL [9600].

381. Mary Elizabeth7 HOBBS [9606] (Selma Mae6 Brown, Cornelia Washington5 Cowdrey, William Drayton4, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 28 Apr 1912.  She married  C. Wallace GRAHAM [9607].

 Children of Mary Elizabeth HOBBS and C. Wallace GRAHAM were as follows:
 460 i Wallace Anthony8 GRAHAM [9608],
 461 ii Sharon Lynn8 GRAHAM [9613],

382. William Earl7 HOBBS [9617] (Selma Mae6 Brown, Cornelia Washington5 Cowdrey, William Drayton4, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 31 Oct 1914; died 21 Jul 1967.  He married  Mildred CANNON [9618].

 Children of William Earl HOBBS and Mildred CANNON were as follows:
 462 i Patricia Earle8 HOBBS [9619],
 463 ii Harold Harvey8 HOBBS [9623],
 464 iii Charles Dewey8 HOBBS [9627].

383. Walter Brown7 HOBBS [9630] (Selma Mae6 Brown, Cornelia Washington5 Cowdrey, William Drayton4, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 13 Oct 1918.  He married  Marcia TWITCHELL [9631],

 Children of Walter Brown HOBBS and Marcia TWITCHELL were as follows:
 465 i Robert Michael8 HOBBS [9632],
 466 ii Debra Ellen8 HOBBS [9633],
 467 iii Tina Maria8 HOBBS [9634],

384. Eleanor Grace7 HOBBS [9635] (Selma Mae6 Brown, Cornelia Washington5 Cowdrey, William Drayton4, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 23 Aug 1920.  She married on 12 Sep 1948 Lewis Brown FRYER [9636].

 Children of Eleanor Grace HOBBS and Lewis Brown FRYER were as follows:
 468 i Lewis Brown8 FRYER (III) [9637],
 469 ii Vicki Hattaway8 FRYER [9638],

385. Rosa Carolyn7 HOBBS [9640] (Selma Mae6 Brown, Cornelia Washington5 Cowdrey, William Drayton4, Ann "Nancy"3 Moore, James2, William1), born 1 Sep 1922; died 24 Feb 1968.  She married  Robert R. HOUSTON [9641].

 Children of Rosa Carolyn HOBBS and Robert R. HOUSTON were as follows:
 470 i Richard Cecil8 HOUSTON [9642],
 471 ii Cheryl Ann8 HOUSTON [9646],
 472 iii Carolyn Camille8 HOUSTON [9651],

388. Lillie7 PRATT [3403] (Anna Sybella6 Hackett, Eliza Ann5 Moore, John Carraway4, Creswell3, Richard2, William1).  She married  John L. MCKELLAR [3404].

Notes for John L. MCKELLAR
 John L. McKellar, husband of Lillie Pratt, dau of Anna Sybella Hackett, dau of
Eliza Ann Moore, dau of Creswell Moore, son of Richard, son of William

 Greenwood County Sketches:
Married first Lillie Pratt, two sons...married second Carrie Ligon, one son:
Leonard McKellar married Lucy Mims.

 Children of Lillie PRATT and John L. MCKELLAR were as follows:
 473 i Johnnie8 MCKELLAR [3417].
 474 ii T. Gerald8 MCKELLAR [3419].

396. Robert Edwin7 GAINES [3378] (Mary Ware Mamie6 Williams, Theodore Franklin5, Eliza Ann4 Moore, Creswell3, Richard2, William1).  He married  Winifred FITTS [3379].

Notes for Robert Edwin GAINES
 ***Robert Edwin Gaines, son of Mary Ware Williams, dau of Philly Williams, son
of Eliza Moore, dau of Creswell Moore, son of Richard, son of William I

 Greenwood County Sketches:
Greenwood businessman; 3 daughters.

 Children of Robert Edwin GAINES and Winifred FITTS were as follows:
 475 i Alice8 GAINES [3380].
 476 ii Mary8 GAINES [3382].   Greenwood County: A History, Ann Herd Bowen, 1992, p 107: head librarian (now Regional Library Director) since 1950. They are Eliz. Porcher, Mary McCord, and Bruce Heimburger...
 477 iii Winifred8 GAINES [3384].

399. Olive7 GAINES [3388] (Mary Ware Mamie6 Williams, Theodore Franklin5, Eliza Ann4 Moore, Creswell3, Richard2, William1).  She married  Thomas J. MCLANAHAN [3389].

 Children of Olive GAINES and Thomas J. MCLANAHAN were as follows:
 478 i Milton J.8 MCLANAHAN [3390].

400. Theodore Williams7 GAINES [3393] (Mary Ware Mamie6 Williams, Theodore Franklin5, Eliza Ann4 Moore, Creswell3, Richard2, William1).  He married  Wilhelmina FOELL [3394].

 Children of Theodore Williams GAINES and Wilhelmina FOELL were as follows:
 479 i Margaret8 GAINES [3395].

401. Emmie7 GAINES [3397] (Mary Ware Mamie6 Williams, Theodore Franklin5, Eliza Ann4 Moore, Creswell3, Richard2, William1).  She married  Wilmot HARTZOG [3398].

 Children of Emmie GAINES and Wilmot HARTZOG were as follows:
 480 i Theodore Gaines8 HARTZOG [3399].

Pages: 1 | 23 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 89 | 10

To Home Page
To My Surname Page
To Moore Index Page
To Redaction of Moore Tree
To Cowdrey Page