The Taylor Family
The Oldham Family
The Rowe Family
Many of the people on these pages braved an ocean voyage to the other side of the world, most voluntarily, others not. Following is a short summary.
Click on the Surnames below for Individuals. Hover on the photos above for names and click to view the person's page.
- KELLEHER from County Cork, Ireland on the ship "Guildford". Settled in the Paterson area of New South Wales, later Lostock on the Upper Paterson River.
- WRIGHT from London, England on the ship "Prince George". Settled at Mt Duval, Armidale, New South Wales, then Guy Fawkes and Mitchell's Flat, Armidale.
- TAYLOR from Rokemarsh in Oxfordshire, England. Settled in York and Northam, Western Australia. Others arrived in 1857 on the "Lady Amherst" and 1875 on the "Doris Collins" and the "Lady Elizabeth".
- WETHERED from Aghalee, County Antrim, Northern Ireland on the ship "Pearl". Settled in Glendon Brook near Branxton, New South Wales.
- COCHRANE from Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Ireland on the ship "Broom". Settled in the Paterson area of New South Wales then to Armidale.
- FRAZIER from Deeping St James, Lincolnshire, England on the ship "Briton". Settled at Mitchell's Flat and Saumarez Ponds, Armidale, New South Wales.
- OLDHAM from the Glossop area in Derbyshire, England on the ship "Merlin". Settled in Richmond, Victoria on arrival then to Lambton and Stockton, Newcastle, New South Wales.
- ROBINSON from Glossop in Derbyshire, England, previously of Silkstone in Yorkshire on the ship "Minnesota". Settled in Richmond and Collingwood, Victoria.
- RAY from County Monaghan, Northern Ireland. Settled in Kyneton, Victoria, then Footscray, followed by Tighes Hill in Newcastle, New South Wales and Holgate, Central Coast.
- KERR from Barley Knowe, Newbattle, East Lothian, Scotland on the ship "Jessie Munn". Settled at Tomago and Lambton, Newcastle, New South Wales.
- FERRIS from County Fermanagh, Ireland, on the ship "Eastern Empire". Settled at Saumarez Ponds, Armidale, New South Wales.
- ROWE from Perran Downs, Cornwall, England on the ship "Lochee". Settled in Mitcham, South Australia, then Kurri Kurri and Maitland, New South Wales.
- PRYDE from Barley Knowe, Newbattle, East Lothian, Scotland on the ship "Stirlingshire". Settled in Lambton, Newcastle, New South Wales.
Thanks for these free resources
Updated : 20 Apr 2013