M, b. 29 Jan 1807, d. 26 Aug 1888
Eli Bunting|b. 29 Jan 1807\nd. 26 Aug 1888|p858.htm|James Bunting Sr.|b. 1762\nd. Dec 1833|p695.htm|Amelia Bigbee|b. 1770\nd. 20 Oct 1852|p696.htm|||||||||||||
|Relationship||Son of James Bunting Sr.|
|Charts||Descendants of James Bunting, Sr.|
|Father||James Bunting Sr.1 b. 1762, d. Dec 1833|
|Mother||Amelia Bigbee b. 1770, d. 20 Oct 1852|
|Birth||29 Jan 1807||Eli Bunting was born on 29 Jan 1807 in Virginia.2,3,4|
|He was the son of James Bunting Sr. and Amelia Bigbee.1|
|Census1810||1810||Eli Bunting is probably one of the three males under age 10 listed in the household of his father, James, in the 1810 Federal Census of Culpeper County, Virginia.5|
|Census1820||1820||Eli Bunting is probably one of the three males age 10 to 15 listed in the household of his father, James, in the 1820 Federal Census of Zanesville Township, Muskingum County, Ohio.6|
|Census1830||1830||Eli Bunting is probably the male age 15 to 19 listed in the household of his father, James, in the 1830 Federal Census of Washington Township, Muskingum County, Ohio.7|
|Marriage||3 Feb 1831||Eli Bunting married Hannah Edwards on 3 Feb 1831 in Muskingum County, Ohio.8|
|Census1840||1840||Eli Bunting appeared on the 1840 Federal Census of Washington Township, Muskingum County, Ohio, with a household listed as two males under age 5 (probably his sons Henry and William Turner), one male between ages 5 and 9 (probably his son John L.), one male between ages 30 and 39 (Eli), one female under age 5 (probably his daughter Alice), one female between ages 5 and 9 (probably his daughter Sarah Ann), and one female between ages 20 and 29 (his wife Hannah).9|
|Census1850||31 Jul 1850||Eli Bunting was enumerated as a head of household in the census of 1850 in Washington Township, Muskingum County, Ohio, as follows: |
Bunting, Eli, 43, Farmer, born in Virginia
Hannah, 39, born in Ohio
Sarah A., 17, born in Ohio
John, 16, Laborer, born in Ohio
Henry, 13, born in Ohio
William Turner, 12, born in Ohio
Alice, 11, born in Ohio
Nancy, 9, born in Ohio
Charles E., 7, born in Ohio
Eliza N., 4, born in Ohio
Hester C., 2, born in Ohio
Harvey L, 1, born in Ohio.4
|Census1860||27 Jun 1860||Eli Bunting was enumerated as a head of household in the census of 1860 in Washington Township, Muskingum County, Ohio, as follows: |
Bunting, Eli, 50, Farmer, born In Ohio
Alice, 19, born in Ohio
Henry, 22, born in Ohio
Charles 18, born in Ohio
Eliza, 14, born in Ohio
Harry, 10, born in Ohio
Hannah, 6, born in Ohio.10
|Census1870||8 Aug 1870||Eli Bunting was enumerated in the census of 1870 under William Allen Almond in Point Pleasant, Warren County, Illinois.11|
|Census1880||18 Jun 1880||Eli Bunting was enumerated in the census of 1880 under William Allen Almond in Union, Mahaska County, Iowa.12|
|Death||26 Aug 1888||Eli Bunting died on 26 Aug 1888 in Mahaska County, Iowa.3|
|Burial||He was buried Mahaska County, Iowa.3|
|Hannah Edwards b. 29 Aug 1810, d. 20 Oct 1852|
|Children||1.||Sarah Ann Bunting+4 b. 11 Jul 1832|
|2.||John L. Bunting+4 b. 9 Apr 1834, d. 1895|
|3.||Henry Bunting+4 b. 7 Nov 1836|
|4.||William Turner Bunting+4 b. 23 Feb 1838, d. 9 Sep 1898|
|5.||Alice Bunting+4 b. 17 Apr 1839, d. 7 Sep 1913|
|6.||Nancy Bunting4 b. 1841, d. 1851|
|7.||Charles E. Bunting+4 b. 25 Feb 1843, d. 3 Mar 1911|
|8.||Eliza Namanda Bunting4 b. 4 Dec 1846, d. 16 Nov 1922|
|10.||Hester C. Bunting4 b. 1848, d. b 1860|
|11.||Harvey Lewis Bunting+4 b. 12 Apr 1849, d. 12 May 1895|
|12.||Hannah Bunting b. 22 Aug 1852|
- [S260] Naomi (Hickman) Bunting and Ida Naomi (Bunting) Askew, "Bunting Family Bible Page", This is a copy of the Family page from William J. Bunting's Family Bible. This copy was received by Mary Josephine (Greene) Chism in 1988 from Donna Louise Steffens (a descendant of William J. Bunting). The left hand side was written by Naomi (Hickman) Bunting. The right side was written by Ida Naomi (Bunting) Askew, probably in the 1890's. The bottom annotations were written by Donna Louise Steffens, probably around 1988.
- [S25] Letter, Donna Steffens to Mary Josephine Greene Chism.
- [S22] Elizabeth Potts Koleda, Bunting Genealogy.
- [S17] 1850 Federal Census, Ohio, Muskingum County, Washington Township, page 375.
- [S67] 1810 Federal Census, Virginia, Culpeper County, page 81.
- [S41] 1820 Federal Census, Ohio, Muskingum County, Zanesville Twp, page 107.
- [S40] 1830 Federal Census, Ohio, Muskingum County, Washington Township, page 306.
- [S24] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch M514501.
- [S39] 1840 Federal Census, Ohio, Muskingum County, Washington Township, page 425.
- [S23] 1860 Federal Census, Ohio, Muskingum County, Washington Township, page 150.
- [S14] 1870 Federal Census, Illinois, Warren County, Point Pleasant, page 21.
- [S12] 1880 Federal Census, Iowa, Mahaska County, Union, ED 166, Page 232A.