[The Branhams of Bell Creek]
Note: I no longer have the time to make periodic checks to assure the integrity of the e-mail addresses given by those submitting queries. You can help. If you run across a bad address or link, will you be kind enough to take the time to let me know here.
Branham Family Queries
Subject: Clero Evelyn Brannam b Tennesse in 1873
- I am trying to find a connection to my grandmother Clero Evelyn Brannam born in Tennesse in 1873 who married a Lucien Bacon Huckelbury. The tombstones often read Branham as well as Brannam, especially the older ones. Here is a skeletal lineage:
Jesse Brannam (b. unknown) married Rachel Hagler (b. 1816) of Old Fort, Polk Co., TN
1. George Brannam (b. 1844 in TN - d. Van Buren, Arkansas). Had a son Jesse Brannam and other children. Owned a saw mill.
2. Mary Elizabeth Brannam (b. 1846 - d. ?) married a Mr. Nations
3. Christopher Columbus Brannam (b. 1848 - d. 1911) Of Old Fort, Polk Co., TN. Died in Arkansas. Married Mary Ann Dunn (b. 1845) of the Dunn Plantation in TN on the Conasaga River.
Children of Chistopher and Mary Ann Brannam:
a. Cora Brannam (b. 1872 Polk Co, TN - d. 1965 Hackett, Arkansas)
b. Clero Evelyn Brannam (b. 1873 Polk Co, TN - d. 1951 Van Buren, Arkansas)
c. Rachel Vean Brannam (b. 1875 Polk Co, TN - d.?)
d. Frank Brannam (b. 1877 Polk Co, TN - d. Oklahoma)
e. Benjamin Brannam (b. 1880 TN - d. 1881 Arkansas)
f. Clifford E. Brannam (b. 1885 Van Buren, Arkansas - d. 1912)
g. Della Brannam (b.1887 Van Buren, Arkansas - d. Oregon)
h. Ralph Brannam (b. 1889 Van Buren, Arkansas - d. Qualls, Oklahoma)
i. Oscar Percy Brannam (b. 1891 Van Buren, Arkansas - d. Qualls, OK)
j. Christopher Columbus Brannam, Jr. (b. 1892 - d. in infancy)
4. Hiram Brannam (b. 1850 - d. in Dardanelle, Arkansas)
5. Abraham Brannam (b. 1852 - d. in Alabama)
6. Thomas Brannam (b. 1855 - d. ?)
7. Martin Brannam (b. 1858 - d. in Ringgold, Georgia)
I would appreciate any information that you can give on where the Brannam Family might have originated.
Mary Victoria Huckelbury (Vicki)
- I am looking for any information on my line of Branhams. My fathers name was Martin b. Oct. 1915 in Ky. m. Lydia Bartram, his father was William Henderson (Bill) m. Goldie Hall. His father Andrew m. Manervia Frasher or Frazier. His father Henderson m. Renny Fluty. His father William m. an Adkins. William and Goldie lived in Fort Gay, W.Va. from the 30's to the 70's. My uncle Billy Jo said he thought our line of Branhams came from S. Carolina. William Henderson had 9 brother and sisters. Elmer, Jim Frank, Authur, Roscoe, Sam Doc, Fanny, Tinny, and Mary.
Do not know the whereabouts of any of their children. If anyone recognizes any of these names or has any info. regarding this line of Branhams I would appreciate hearing from you.
Subject: Branham, Sarah, 1797-1860/63
- Searching for info on Sarah Branham born abt. 1797 married James Sisco in Knox or Roane Co., Tn. before 1828. Their son John Henry Sisco was born in 1828, Knox or Roane co., Tn. That is all the info I have on her. I would sure like to find her parents and info on her.
Thank You so much for any info,
Jo Ann Sisco
Subject: Branham, Thomas E. of Caroline or Spotsylvania Virginia 1800
- Searching for information on Thomas E. Branham from Caroline or spotsylvania county born before 1800. Married to Mary Francis ???? Had at least one son, Thomas that was born about 1815. Looking for any information related to this line.
Subject: Family of Lousia Jane Branham born 1839 Floyd County KY
- I am looking for any info on the family of Lousia Jane Branham born 1839 Floyd County KY her parents were Isham and Lucy Branham she married William F. Owens 12-10-1846 in Pike County Ky. Is it true that she was of Indian descent?
Also does anyone know where this Owens Line is from?
Subject: thank you so much
- mr steele, thank you so much for all your help. i will return to your web site and i will search for the book. i have indeed already thanked sandy for some good solid information, glad to run in to decent people like you and others i have met researching my family's history.
once again thank you very much.
Subject: Branham Books
- The book, "David Branham and His Descendants," by Shelby Fleming Phillips, is directly available from Shelby at the following address:
Shelby Fleming Phillips
214 West Third Avenue
Williamson, WV 25661
It is also available from Brenda Salyers, who has a book store in Pound, Va., and who has also written a book about Millie Branham. I think the price of Shelby’s book is about $47. I’m not sure about the price of Brenda’s, but will include it when available.
St. Albans, WV
Subject: BRANHAM FAMILY FROM EASTERN KENTUCKY
- This is in response to the Branham Inquiry regarding your grandparents.
It is all in the book "David Branham and His Descendants". The following is taken from the book:
William J Branham b. 10-22-1859 in Wise Co., VA, son of James Wesley and Polly ? Branham. He married Margaret "Peggy" Lousia (sp?) Maggard, 10-23-1879. She was dau of Louisa Maggard, b. Scott Co.,VA, 1862.
Their known children were:
John W., b & d 1886
Lafayette, b. 1888
Dock Docey Branham, b. 1891, and
Harrison, b 1900.
James Wesley Branham, father of above, was son of William & Charity Gibson Branham. He married Mary "Polly", b. 1837. James served in the Confederate Army during the Civil War.
Their known children were:
Elizabeth, b 1857 Pike Co., KY
William J., b. 10-22-1859 Wise Co., VA
Mahala, b 1860, Pike Co., KY
Louisa b 1862, Pike Co., KY
Esther F. b 1864, Pike Co., KY
Joseph b 1867 Pike Co., KY
James W. b. 1870 Pike Co., KY
Dulcena b. 1874 Pike Co., KY
Sarah A. b 1877 Pike Co., KY; and
Thomas Franklin b 1880 Pike Co., KY
William J. (father of James Wesley) was son of Turner and Mary "Polly" Mott Branham. He was born bet. 1796-1800 in VA and d. bef. 1835 in Floyd Co., KY. He married Charity Gibson 12-5-1816 in Floyd Co., KY.
James Wesley Branham.
Their is lots more, but I would recommend that you get the book. Quite interesting and still available. I can't remember where I got it, but you might check www.abebooks.com . I have been very pleased with them (no connection - this is not an advertisement!).
Sandy of Harleigh and Sandy Winkler
Star Rt. 1
San Andreas, CA 95249
(It's not our fault)
(It's not out fault, either)
Note:How about this for same-day results. Thanks Sandy, I'm sure Larry will be appreciative.
Subject: BRANHAM FAMILY FROM EASTERN KENTUCKY
- HI,MY NAME IS LARRY BRANHAM,MY FAMILY IS FROM EASTERN KENTUCKY. IM TRYING TO RESEARCH MY FAMILY'S HISTORY AND I RUN UP ON YOUR PAGE. ANY TIPS YOU COULD GIVE ME TO USE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. SEEMS I CANT GET ANY FURTHER THAN MY GRAND FATHER DOC BRANHAM. I HAVE HIS FATHER'S NAME BUT CANT FIND ANY INFO AT ALL. IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE DO AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
Note: Add the following information to this query:
MY GRANDFATHERS NAME IS DOCK BRANHAM BORN ,7,NOV,1891 BIRTHPLACE UNKNOWN HE DIED FEB,1967 HIS WIFE MARTHA (MAIDEN )NAME MULLINS . THEY LIVED IN WISE COUNTY VA, NEAR THE TOWN OF COEBURN. MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS WILLIAM BRANHAM OF KENTUCKY LIVED IN WHAT THEY CALL THE FLAT WOODS. NOT FLAT WOODS KENTUCKY. HIS WIFE MARGARET ,MAIDEN NAME MAGGART OR BELCHER. THE FLAT WOODS IS ALSO NEAR DORTON OR HELLIER KENTUCKY. I REALY DONT HAVE ANYMORE INFO AT THIS TIME ,BUT WORKING ON IT. THANK YOU, LARRY
Subject: Branham, Owen Tolliver m. Nancy Culver 1881
- Delighted to see this page, as the Branham side of my family has always been a bit reclusive. Would appreciate any info on Tolliver Owen Branham. My grandfather (his son) was born in Henderson Ky.1891 d. 1979. Not sure where Toll might have been born. Was there a Richard Branham m.Mary with 9 children. possibly related. thanks for any info.
Phillips, Maine 04966
Subject: Montana Branhams
- Interested in locating family in U.S. and Canada to learn more of father's history. Father: Lovell Gregory Branham, DOB January 25, 1916, Warland, Montana. Grandfather: Joseph Branham. DOB and Birthplace: unknown. Grandmother: Anna Branham. DOB and Birthplace: unknown.
Desta Tocher (Branham)
Canada. British Columbia
Subject: HUGHEY AND KAZIAH BRANHAM/KERSHAW COUNTY
- TRYING TO LOCATE DECENDENTS OF MAE BELL BRANHAM/
DAN J. BRANHAM, SON, DAUGHTER ZILLIE MAE BARRETT GREAT GRAND MOTHER.ZILLIE BRANHAM/KERSHAW COUNTY.
JACKIE B. BIDDINGER
Subject: Wondering where the Branham Surname came from.
- Hello, This is great! My Grandfather was Paul Samuel Branham. He married Gladys Little I believe in KY. I was just wondering where the Branham Surname came from. I guess I have a lot of reading to do.
Josephine Branham Long
Subject: Marriages of David Branham
- Tom, are you aware of anybody who has any proof that David Branham had a wife named Susan? (Or two - I've heard that before, also.)
When David signed the permission slip for Rhoda Akers to marry Elisha Branham in 1822 he indicated that he and Francis Baskett were her grandparents.
There doeesn't appear to be time in and around the births of Frances, Edmund, William and John Henry for David to take a different wife, so John Henry's mother must be Francis Baskett, not a Susan.
Of course a lot of this is based on information contained in Shelby Fleming Phillips' book. I would certainly appreciate any insight you may be able to provide.
Earl B. Akers, Sr.
Subject: JOHN FRANKLIN BRANHAM: TENESSEE AND KANSAS
- I am researching my ancestors previous to John Franklin Branham (my great grandfather). I have lots of information on Branham history from John Franklin Branham (Civil War)and his decendants John Franklin(3)Branham (Aaron(2), Edward(1) ) was born 05 April 1824 in Knox County Tenessee and died 29 Oct. 1868 in Ottawa, Franklin Co. Kansas. He married Mary Jane Lester 23 March, 1848 in Freedom, Owens County, Indiana. ( I had always understood that my great grandfather originally came from Kentucky. I hope this information will help link John Franklin to the Branham's in Kentucky ).
Any information about John Franklin, his father Aaron, or his grandfather Edward would be appreciated.
Ray D. Branham
Subject: I love your site!
- To Tom Steele, I love your site! It's so beautiful. I am so happy that you added some of my family to yours. I hope to stay in touch with you as often as I can. Wonderful job!
WV first-then Baltimore
Subject: Maiden name is STEELE
- Maiden name is STEELE I also have BRANHAM line in my family from my mother's side.
Georgina STEELE Grant
Subject: Just Surfed On In
- Son of Alvin J. Branham, born in Oklahoma.
Mike & Jackie Branham
Subject: Nancy Jane Branham, m Henry Hall, Ky.
- Hello, My great grandmother was Nancy Jane Branham, father was William (?) Branham. She was married to Henry Hall and lived in the south-eastern Kentucky area, primarily Dorton and Jenkins Kentucky. She died in 1972-73 and was well into her eighties. Her son, Flim Hall was my grandfather. I'm hopeful that someone has information on Nancy Jane's family, I keep hitting stone walls in my research!
Putnam, New York
Subject: Just Surfed On In
Subject: Just Surfed On In
- Father (Buck Branham) was born in Pike, Ky.
Buck Garlin Branham
Subject: Just Surfed On In
- I have a Best friend who's last name is Branham and her
father's name is Kevin Branham and I am ging to try to find her on this web page. she is also a Mormon like me.
Subject: Charles & Emma J. (Branham) Crist
- Tom: Thanks for e-mailing back. I would love to see a pic of Emma and Charles KM. I am sure my Mom would. Mom (Hope Ash) read the part in your site about Charles and Gracie calling each other "Pumk" and "Pie." She said, "We always knew him as "Gub"." Mom has some old ledgers in her mom's trunk and a picture that we are not sure who it is. Also, can any records be obtained from the postal services when ancestors were post-masters or post mistresses? My phone # is (540) 674-4559. I tried to e-mail you back but the message would not send.
Subject: Bible of Charles & Emma J. (Branham) Crist
- Tom: Do you have any facts on how Charles and Emmor J Branham met? My Mom has a bible and documents that belonged to Charles.
Subject: Net Search
- Just checking on Branham Name.
Subject: Branhams of Pond Gap on Bell Creek
- I was very surprised while scaning your web pages. It appears that you have done a pretty good job with your research, something that I was just beginning.
I am a grandson of Milton and Elzada Branham of Pond Gap on Bell Creek. I would certainly like to talk with you about this.
Father: Lane A. Branham
Subject: Kanawha County Branhams
- I have been searching for the branham's in kanawha county. Do you by chance know of any?
Earl L. Branham
Subject: MY LINEAGE GOES BACK TO HUGHEY BRANHAM AND KAZIAH WINCHESTER
- HI, MY NAME IS JACKIE. I AM TRYING TO TRACE MY GRANDMOTHER FAMILY. HER MOTHER WAS CORNEILIA BRANHAM D/0 REBECCA BRANHAM. REBECCA HAD FOUR DAUGHTERS MAEBELL BRANHAM, MARY, CORNEILIA, ZILLIE. THEY TRACE BACK TO HUGHEY BRANHAM WHO MARRIED A KAZIAH WINCHESTER. HE WAS FROM ENGLAND. THERE WERE TWO OTHER BROTHERS. ONE MOVED UP NORTH AND ONE SETTLED IN FAIRFIELD COUNTY. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO MY GRANDMOTHERS FATHER WAS BECAUSE SHE CAME FROM REBECCA BRANCH. NONE OF THE SISTERS NEVER MARRIED. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHO WAS THE FATHER OF MY GRANDMOTHER AND WHO WAS THE FATHER OF REBECCA CHILDREN. A LOT OF BRANHAMS IN THE LUGOFF/SOUTHS CAROLINA AREA WHO HAVE BRANCHED OUT AND THERE SEEMS TO BE A CONNECTION TO HUGHEY SOMEHOW. THE WORD IS IS HE WAS A MAN WITH HIS OWN MIND OF DOING THINGS THE WAY HE WANTED. HE EVEN GOT KICKED OUT OF CHURCH. ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE ON THE TREE OF BRANHAM I WOULD APPRECIATE.
THANKS, HAPPY HUNTING. IT IS SO MUCH FUN......
JACKIE BRANHAM BIDDINGER
Note: Anyone having a response to this query should post a response to Tom Steele, because the writer failed to leave a complete e-mail address. Thanks.
Subject: John Branham, 1777 KY IN
- Researching John Branham b. 1777 m.1801 Frances Vawter children:
Would like to exchange info with others researching this line.
Subject: My Branham ancestors
- I just got through looking at your website that included genealogy on the Branham line. I wondered if you might be able to give me Shelby's E-mail address, or if you might be able to help me piece together what information I have that was handed down to me.
My ancestor, John Henry Branham was born 1777, in Wayne Virginia. He married Patsy Elswick. John Henry's father was David Branham, which looks like it ties into your line. I am very interested in finding out more about David Branham's wife, Susan Little Mud Creek and the circumstances of their marriage. Do you know of where or who I might talk to about this?
Also John Henry had a child James GANNON, It is unclear why his last name is GANNON. James Gannon was born in Pike co. Kentucky in 1799. Any ideas?
Subject: Descendants of John C. Branham
- I am searching for descendants of John C. Branham married Mehalia "Halie" Mosley. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: Thomas Branham of Caroline County VA
- I am looking for information on Thomas Branham of Caroline County Virginia that married Pamelia Southard in 1840. His father's name may have been Thomas E. Branham. I would like to know the names of his parents and who his children were.
Subject: Branhams of Pikeville, KY
- I am looking for any information on Albert Branham who married Mary Acres (could be a Native American)They lived on Branham Creek, they had 2 sons Evan and Green Berry.
I would prefer e-mail answer
Debi (Casto) Sanders
My web site
Subject: Branham Researchers...
- My ggg grandparents were Andrew Branham & Sabra (Estep) Branham. Andrew's father was John Henry and his grandfather was David. I have quite a bit of information on Andrew & Sabra's line, but would like to know more about the rest of the family.
Subject: Joseph Branham
- I am searching for info on my great-grandfather's family..His name was Joseph or Josefus Branham..He died about 1946-1949..He married a woman named Melissa (she already had a child from a previous marriage named Charles)..Charles b. 1899 took on the family name of Branham, also Joseph & Melisssa had 2 sons: Tandy b.1910, Bernard d. young & then a daughter named NevaJo.. all were born around Floyd, Pike, Harlan Counties in KY.
I am searching the name of Tandy (which was my grandfather, also my father & my brother's names). Tandy was not common back then, when I look back in history @ the other Branham line's I find 2 other Tandy's..born in the early 1800's..I think they may be a part of my family..Can anybody help me on Joseph.?
Subject: Branham tie-in to Georgia
- My family came from this area my great grandfather was Shannon Branham my grandfather was Milton Branham, my father was Lane born in 1903. He was raised at Bell Creek if you have any info you wish to share, please send email@example.com
Harry W. Branham
80 Macedonia Ct.
Oxford Ga. 30054
Subject: Descendants of Michael Branham - Did your lineage start in Virginia?
1 Michael Branham d: Aft. December 03, 1761 in Westmoreland Co., VA
+ Rosannah Ellis
2 Elizabeth Branham
2 Ignatus Branham
2 Joesph Branham
2 Roxanna Branham
2 William Branham
2 Barnabas Branham b: Abt. 1745 in Virginia
3 George Branham b: December 11, 1786 in North Carolina d: September 03, 1873
+ Eleanor Maloney m: February 24, 1819 in Anderson Co. TN
3 Nathan Branham b: 1790
3 William Branham b: 1798
3 Pleasant Branham b: 1801
3 John Branham b: 1805
3 Richard Branham b: Abt. 1790 in North Carolina d: Abt. 1870 in Clark County, Indiana
+ Rebecca Witt b: 1795 in Roane Co., Tennessee d: Aft. 1880 in Clark County, Indiana
m: July 08, 1817 in Roane Co., Tennessee
4 Lucinda Branham b: May 15, 1818 in Monroe Co.,TN d: January 04, 1907 in Clark Co., KY
4 Elizabeth Branham b: September 1819 in Roane Co., TN d: Jan 10, 1907 in Clark Co., KY
4 Wilson Branham b: 1820 in Roane Co., TN d: Aft. 1880
+ Emily McCoy m: February 18, 1847 in Monroe Co.,IN
4 Mary Branham b: 1825 in Roane Co., Tennessee
+ Archibald Spurgin b: Aug 23, 1808 in Rowan County, North Carolina
d: Apr 10, 1881 in Clark County, IN m: Sept 25, 1851 in Clark County, IN
4 Henry Branham b: 1826 in Roane Co., TN
4 Mahala Branham b: 1828 in Roane Co., TN
4 Rebecca Branham b: 1830 in Roane Co., TN
4 Moses Branham b: 1832 in Roane Co., TN
4 Richard Branham b: November 1837 in Roane Co., TN
Subject: Branham story needs verification
- I am a descendent of the Branhams. I have an interesting family story I hope to be able to prove someday but won't hold my breath. I am hoping someone in the Branham/Ferrell line will have heard the same story. My ancestor Elizabeth/Betsy Morgan married Joseph Branham in 1834 in Pike County, KY. Joseph was reportedly killed by his brother Turner when Turner struck him with a shotgun. Joseph died before 1850. My ancestor William Jennings Branham was born to Elizabeth Morgan Branham in April of 1850. It is thought that he is actually a child born out of wedlock and was the son of Andrew Jackson Ferrell. I have pictures of both William Jennings Branham and Andrew Jackson Ferrell and they are the spitting image of each other. Andrew Jackson Ferrell was the son of Eliza/Polly Slater.
There is a family story that she ran away with an Ohio indian and when her family got her back she was with child (Andrew Jackson Ferrell). The baby was born in 1828/29 in Russell Co., VA. He got the surname Ferrell as his mother married Andrew Ferrell, the son of John Ferrell and Nancy Jackson in 1835. Eliza later married James Morgan in July 1839 in Perry Co., KY. My Elizabeth Morgan Branham was a daughter of James Morgan and his first wife, possibly a Hall. This family has had me stumped for years. Do you know of anyone that has the same lineage and would want to help me sort out these Branhams, Ferrells etc. I have quite a few census records and other documentation I can share.
Subject: Milly Branham
- Please remember when correcting your John H. and Patsy Branham page that the Milly you have listed as a daughter did NOT marry Edwin Burchet. She was born in 1811-12 and looks like she never married. However, Milly I. Branham, b. 1843, dau of Wm. James Branham, married Edwin Burchett in 1858 and after he died, she married his brother, Thomas. (page 69 of DESCENDANTS OF DAVID BRANHAM by Shelby F. Phillips).
Subject: Louisa Branham b.1829 Ky.
- I understand you are doing research on the Branham's of Pike Co. Ky. I was wondering if they could be related to Louisa Branham b.1829 Ky. Believe her father could be Isham Branham. Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated.
For some really great backgrounds!