SAMUEL ANDREW JACKSON SARRETT; (a.k.a. "A.J.) [SFA-FG 572] [SFA-ID# 220.127.116.11.3.4]
(1st s/o Samuel G. & Sarah (Brock) Sarrett of Person Co., NC to Habersham Co., GA. to Whitfield Co., GA.)
(1Gs/o.. Samuel,3 & Nancy (JOHNSTON) SARRETT; of Caswell Co., NC. See: AWR Soldier!
(2Gs/o.. Joseph,3 & Mary SARRATT, of Person Co., NC.
(3Gs/o.. Samuel,1 & Anna (Unknown) SARRATT of Prince George's Co., MD.
(4Gs/o.. Joseph,1 & Katherine SARRATT) "The American Progenitor!"
b. __ ___ 1841, in Habersham Co., GA;
d. 14 Nov 1898, age 57yrs nr Bluff City, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR;
Buried location Unknown; (no stone listed in Ebenezer Cemetery.)
At the age of 36, bfr Mar 1877 he married, Trickum, Whitfield Co., GA,
to the 22 year old Miss BETTIE/BETTE Ann McKEHAN;
(1st d/o John William McKEEHAN & Mother: Sarah "Loudusty" MYERS) [REF:#002]
b. 07 Aug 1855, nr Tunnel Hill, Civil Dist. #27, Whitfield Co., GA;
d. 11 Jan 1941, a86y, near Bluff City, Nevada Co., AR.
She is buried in the Ebenezer Cemetery, 4 miles Southwest of Bluff City, AR where a headstone marks her grave. [See HStone]
They had 8 Children born to this Union: per 1900 Census]|
(Only 3 were raised to maturity and had families of their own..prs)
|Rank||Click on Name for more Info.||b. - d.||Married||Ch.||18.104.22.168.3.4.1. 1st Son:||John Lawrence SARRETT,||GA. *1877-1905 a28yrs AR.||bd Ebenezer Cem., AR.||22.214.171.124.3.4.2. 2nd Son:||Robert Lee SARRETT,||GA. *1879-1900 a21yrs AR.||bd Ebenezer Cem., AR.||126.96.36.199.3.4.3. 3rd Son:||Saml' Jasper SARRETT,||GA. *1883-1960 a78yrs AR.||m. c1908 M. Etta BARKSDALE,||11Ch.||188.8.131.52.3.4.4. 1st Dau:||Elizabeth Sarah SARRETT,||GA. *1884-1963 a79yrs AR.||bd Ebenezer Cem., AR. No marriege||184.108.40.206.3.4.5. 2nd Dau:||Sudie Viola SARRETT,||AR. c1889-19?? a??yrs AR.||m. *1906 J. Marion PLYLER,||12Ch.||220.127.116.11.3.4.6. 4th Son:||Wm. Jackson SARRETT,||AR. *1891-1978 a87yrs AR.||m. c1917 Vivian L.W. JOHNSON,||8Ch.||" "||" "||" "||m. 2nd Etta May OTWELL,||0Ch.||18.104.22.168.3.4.7. 5th Son:||James Ezra SARRETT,||AR. *1893-1918 a25yrs AR.||bd Ebenezer Cem., AR.||22.214.171.124.3.4.8. Infant:||Unknown SARRETT,||b.& d. Nevada Co., AR.||Not Traced!|
|31 - Known Grandchildren|
Chronological Order of Events|
Andrew Jackson SERRATT
|Type||Date||Age||Remarks (Click on Date for more Info.)||Liv'g in Co.||Born||1841||home of Parents in Civil Dist #9||Habersham Co., GA.||Census||1850||9yrs||home of Parents in Civil Dist #9||Habersham Co., GA.||Moved||1860||19yrs||West prior to 1860 Census East Armuchee||Walker Co., GA.||Census||1860||19yrs||home of Parents in East Armuchee||Walker Co., GA.||C.War||1861||20yrs||served some 4 years Broyles's Co.||Whitfield Co., NC.||Census||1870||29yrs||home of Parents in Rock Springs||Walker Co., GA.||Moved||1877||36yrs||prior to Marriage Trickum||Whitfield Co., GA.||Married||1877||36yrs||Miss Elizab. Ann McKEEHAN, age 22yrs Trickum||Whitfield Co., NC.||Census||1880||39yrs||with Wife & 2Ch. Trickum "Farmer"||Whitfield Co., NC.||Moved||1889||48yrs||prior to Feb when 2nd Dau Sudie was born Bluff City||Nevada Co., AR.||Death||1898||57yrs||with leaving Wife & 7Ch. Bluff City||Nevada Co., AR.|
|"Widow" Mrs. Betty A. (McKeehan) SARRETT, age 43yrs||Census||1900||44yrs||Widow with 5Ch. Union Twp Rent, "Farmer"||Nevada Co., AR.||Census||1920||64yrs||Widow with 1Ch. Union Twp Rent, "No Occup."||Nevada Co., AR.||Census||1930||74yrs||Widow with 1Ch. Union Twp Rent, "No Occup."||Nevada Co., AR.||Death||1941||85yrs||Widow for 52yrs died on Jan 11, Union Twp||Nevada Co., AR.|
Pvt. Andrew Jackson SARRETT, age 20yrs - Civil War CSA|
Co. "B" also "Broyles's Co." 35th GA. Inf.
Surendered: 1865 age 24yrs
Note: His Cousin Anthony/Alman SARRATT of Spartanburg Co., SC. was k.i.a. with this same Unit. ..prs
CONFEDERATE GA. TROOPS|
36th Regiment, GA. Infantry (Broyles')
36th (Glenn's) Infantry Regiment was organized at Dalton, GA. ,
during the winter of 1861-1862 with many officers and men from the Dalton area.
[Whitfield Co., GA.]
It was sent to Tennessee, then moved to Mississippi where it served in T.H.
Taylor's Brigade, Department of Mississippi and East Louisiana.
The regiment fought at Champion's Hill and was captured at Vicksburg on July 4, 1863.
After being exchanged and brigaded under General Cummings,
it fought with the Army of Tennessee from Chattanooga to Nashville,
and ended the war in North Carolina. The unit was organized with 930 men,
reported 43 casualties at Chattanooga, and totalled 267 men and 213 arms
in December, 1863. In January, 1865, when it was consolidated with the
56th GA. Regiment, 232 were present for duty.
Few surrendered on April 26.
The unit was commanded by Colonels C.E. Broyles and Jesse A. Glenn, Lieutenant Colonel Alexander M. Wallace, and Major John Loudermilk.
Marriage SARRETT & McKEEHAN
Mr. Andrew Jackson SARRETT, age 36yrs son of Samuel G. & Sarah (Brock) SARRETT and
Miss Elizabeth Ann McKEEHAN, age 22yrs Daughter of John Wm. & Lodisca (Myers) McKEEHAN were married in Trickum, Whitfield Co., Georgia on __ ___ 1877.
[Need M-Bk., Page #]
Nevada Co., AR.
was created in 1871,
from the larger Hempstead, Columbia and Ouachita Co's.
The County Seat is Prescott, AR. 71857.
It is located in the Southwest part of the State. Bounded by
Pike & Clark Co's on the North;
Ouachita Co. on the East;
Lafayette & Columbia Co's on the South,
with Hempstead Co. on the West.|
(First Census 1880; Co. Clerk has m., Pro., Land Rec. 1871-1979, Rec if Headstone all Cemeteries; Circuit Clerk has Div., Civil Court Rec. 1871-1979; Bur Vital Statistics, Little Rock has b., d., Rec.)
1895 Nevada Co. Nevada Co., Today Nevada Co., Courthouse
d. Nov 13, 1898, age 57yrs
(No Marker for S.A.J.)
Betty A. (McKeehan) SARRETT,
1855 - 1941
|S.A.J., died leaving 43 year old "Widow" with 7 Children|
|1. 1st Son:||21 years old||John L. SARRETT,||He died 7 years latter age 27yrs!||2. 2nd Son:||19 years old||Robt. Lee SARRETT,||He died 2 years latter age 20yrs!||3. 3rd Son:||16 years old||Saml' Jasper SARRETT,||He m. 1908 M. Etta BARKSDALE, 11Ch.||4. 1st Dau:||14 years old||Lizzie S. SARRETT,||She Never Married, took care of Mother!||5. 2nd Dau:||9 years old||Sudie V. SARRETT,||She m. 1906 J. "Marion" PLYLER, 12Ch.||6. 4th Son:||7 years old||Wm. Jackson SARRETT,||He m. 1917 Vivian L.W. JOHNSON, 7ch.||7. 5th Son:||5 years old||James Ezra SARRETT,||He died 20 years latter age 25yrs!|
Seventh Generation! 1. John Lawrence SARRETT; [SFA-ID# 126.96.36.199.3.4.1] (1st s/o Saml. A.J. SARRETT & Mother: Betty Ann McKEHAN) b. 13 Dec 1877, Trickum Twp., Whitfield Co., GA. d. 01 Sep 1905, age 27yrs, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR. Buried: Ebenezer Cemetery, Nevada Co., AR. (Where a Headstone marks his grave as "J.L.") [See: HStone] No Marriage! Was age 2yrs Living with Parents in [See 1880 Census Was age 22yrs Living with Parents in [See 1900 Census 2. Robert Lee SARRETT; [SFA-ID# 188.8.131.52.3.4.2] (2nd s/o Saml. A.J. SARRETT & Mother: Betty Ann McKEHAN) b. 23 Oct 1879, Trickum Twp., Whitfield Co., GA. d. 10 Mar 1900, age 20yrs, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR. Buried: Ebenezer Cemetery, Nevada Co., AR. (Where a Headstone marks his grave. "R.L.") [See: HStone] No Marriage! Was age 1yrs Living with Parents in [See 1880 Census Was NOT Living with Parents he d. in [See 1900 Census 3. Samuel Jasper "Jap" SARRETT; [SFA-ID# 184.108.40.206.3.4.3] [FG 573] (3rd s/o Saml. A.J. SARRETT & Mother: Betty Ann McKEHAN) b. 13 Oct 1882, Trickum Twp., Whitfield Co., GA. per [WWI App.] d. 13 May 1960, age 77yrs, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR. Buried: Ebenezer Cemetery, Nevada Co., AR. (Where a Double Headstone marks his grave. ) At age 26yrs he married bfr Oct. 1907, Bluff City, Nevada Co., AR. to. 20 year old Miss Mollie Etta BARKSDALE, (1st d/o Hezekiah Tigg BARKSDALE & 3rd Wife: Eliza MAY [REF:#005] (Gd/o John BARKSDALE & Martha GRIFFIN of Laurens Co., SC.) b. 12 Dec 1887, Bluff City, Nevada Co., AR. d. 07 Feb 1976, age 88yrs, br Bluff City, AR. Buried: Ebenezer Cemetery, Nevada Co., AR. (Where a Double Headstone marks her grave. ) They had 11 Children born to this Union: [per Census & Cem. Records] They had 12 Children born to this Union: [per REF:#003.1, Not Named!]
4. Sarah Elizabeth "Lizzie" SARRETT; [SFA-ID# 220.127.116.11.3.4.4] (1st d/o Saml. A.J. SARRETT & Mother: Betty Ann McKEHAN) b. 18 Oct 1884, Trickum Twp., Whitfield Co., GA. d. 20 Oct 1963, age 79yrs, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR. Buried: Ebenezer Cemetery, Nevada Co., AR. (Where a Single Headstone marks her grave.) [See: HStone] Never Married! 5. Sudie Viola SARRETT; (a.k.a. "Ludie") [SFA-ID# 18.104.22.168.3.4.5] [SFA-FG# 2274] (2nd d/o Saml. A.J. SARRETT & Mother: Betty Ann McKEHAN) b. 23 Feb 1889, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR. d. __ ___ 1935, age 45yrs, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR. Buried: Ebenezer Cemetery, Bluff City, Nevada Co., AR. [No Marker Found in 1999] At age 17yrs she married on 31 Dec 1906, Bluff City, Nevada Co., AR. to 19 year old Jonas "Marion" PLYLER, (s/o M/M Coy L. PLYLER) b. 05 Sep 1887, Marion Co., TN. [SSD# 432-22-6274 AR.] d. __ Apr 1974, age 86yrs, Prescott, Nevada Co., AR. Buried: Ebenezer Cemetery, Bluff City, Nevada Co., AR. [No Marker Found in 1999] They had 12 Children born to this Union: 5.1 1st Son: Garland C. PLYLER, c1909- 5.2 2nd Son: LeRoy PLYLER, c1910- 5.3 3rd Son: Coy L., PLYLER, *1912-1937 a24y bd Ebenezer Cem. 5.4 4th Son: Joseph M. PLYLER, c1913- 5.5 1st Dau: Annie Mae PLYLER, c1917- 5.6 2nd Dau: Eva Viola PLYLER, *1919- 5.7 3rd Dau: Grace PLYLER, c1920-1920 a 1day Not in Census 5.8 5th Son: Watson D. PLYLER, c1922- 5.9 6th Son: Algia J. PLYLER, c1925- 5.10 4th Dau: Betty Sue PLYLER, c1928- 5.11 5th Dau: Sally Low PLYLER, c1931- 5.12 6th Son: Frank D. PLYLER, c1932- 6. William Jackson SARRETT; [SFA-ID# 22.214.171.124.3.4.6] [FG 574] (4th s/o Saml. A.J. SARRETT & Mother: Betty Ann McKEHAN) b. 02 Dec 1891, Cale, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR. per [WWI App.] d. 09 May 1978, age 86yrs, Emmett, Nevada Co., AR. Buried: Snell Cemetery, Nevada Co., AR. (White Section) (Where a Double Headstone marks his grave.) (Southeast of Emmett, AR.) At age 26yrs he married bfr 1917, to 19 year old Miss Vivian Lydia W. JOHNSON, (a.k.a. "Vinnie") (2nd d/o Thomas O. JOHNSON & Mother: Liza P. Unknown) (Step-Dau of Henry B. IRVING & Liza P. (Unknown) (Gran-Dau of Alvis & Sarah A. (Formby) JOHNSON) b. 19 Mar 1898, Union Twp. Nevada Co., AR. d. 08 Jun 2003, age 105 yrs old, Spring Creek Living Center, in Cabot, Lonoke Co., AR. Buried: Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Lonoke Co., AR. per [2003 Obit] They had 7 Children born to this Union: per [REF:#004]
See Biographical Profile: Sam'l Jasper SARRETT to Nevada Co., AR.
7. James "Ezra" SARRETT; [SFA-ID# 126.96.36.199.3.4.7] (5th s/o Saml. A.J. SARRETT & Mother: Betty Ann McKEHAN) b. 07 Feb 1893, Union Twp., Nevada Co., AR. d. 26 Oct 1918, age 25yrs, Bluff City, Nevada Co., AR. Buried: Ebenezer Cemetery, Nevada Co., AR. (Where a Single Headstone marks his grave.) [See: HStone]
See Biographical Profile: William Jackson SARRETT
U.S. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
James Ezra SARRETT, age 23yrs registered on Jun 05, 1917, with the first U.S. Draft Board for World War I. while living at Cale, Nevada Co. AR. 71828 he stated he was a "Farmer Labor", with a Dependent: his Mother. (He did Not Name her!)
Card # 0025, list: Race White; Med. Height; Slender Build; Brown Eyes; Black Hair.
He was NOT "Illiterate" he could Read & Write his Name. [See: SFA-WWI Roster]
Source and Reference: Ref.# Name Notes [REF:#001] Paul R. Sarrett, Jr. email@example.com
Sarrett/Sarrett/Surratt Families of America (SFA)©
Bibliography of US County Histories.
[REF:#002] LDS-IGI LDS-IGI Record No Source given!
John William McKeehan b. m. c1854 Sarah Loudusty Myers b. 1836, GA. d. 1919. age 83yrs
They list 8 Children born to this Union:
1. Elizabeth Ann OR Betty McKeehan b. __ ___ 1855, GA.
2. Cornelia Ann McKeehan b. __ ___ 1857, GA.
3. Benjamin McKeehan b. __ ___ 1860, GA. d. After 1940
4. Andrew Jackson McKeehan b. 08 MAR 1869, GA. d. 04 MAY 1921
5. S.K. OR Cay McKeehan b. 12 MAY 1870 Ringgold, Catoosa, GA. d. 17 NOV 1927 m 1898, Saline, AR.Miss Permelia Cirderella Isabella McBurnett
6. Porter Pledger McKeehan b. 18 DEC 1872, GA. d. 05 OCT 1940
7. Doctor McKeehan b. __ ___ 1874, GA. d. After 1940
8. George W McKeehan b. 02 JAN 1878, GA. d. 27 OCT 1951
[REF:#003] Angie Gale (Sarrett) Vance Ang n Jor@aol.com
Subject: Jasper & Etta SARRETT
Dau of Millard James SARRETT & Mary Jane GREER,
Grandaughter of Sam'l Jap & Mollie Etta (Barksdale) SARRETT
Gr-Grandaughter of S.A.J. SARRETT & Bettie A. McKEEHAN
1st E-Mail: Dated: Mar 06, 1996
2nd E-Mail: Dated: Mar 21, 1996
3rd E-Mail: Dated: Dec 07, 2001
[REF:#004] Dan Sarrett firstname.lastname@example.org
Burness SARRETT, b. 1917 Mother: Vivina JOHNSON, AR
We think your Father is:
Son of Bernie Sarrett, of La Salle, IL. (1917-Liv'g)
GranSon of See: William Jackson SARRETT (1891-1978 a86yrs)
Grt-Grand Son of See: Samuel Andrew Jackson SARRETT (1841-1898 a57yrs)
1st E-Mail: Dated: Jul 18, 1996
Sister: Diane (Sarrett) Willing, DianeWilling@comcast.net
1st E-Mail: Dated: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 7:30 pm
[REF:#005] Joe & Phyllis (Sarrett) Berrong E-Mail: email@example.com
Daughter of Dale Thomas SERRATT,
Grandaughter of Sam'l Jap & Mollie Etta (Barksdale) SARRETT
Gr-Grandaughter of S.A.J. SARRETT & Bettie A. McKEEHAN
1st E-Mail Dated: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:53 pm
2nd E-Mail Dated: Thu, 16 Nov 2008 04:57 pm
AR. - Index
Queries - AR.
These records are part of the "Genealogy Computer Package"
*** PC-PROFILE *** Volume - II. Sarratt/Sarrett/Surratt Family Profile©
Compiled and self Published in Oct. 31, 1989 by Paul R. Sarrett, Jr. with
the assistance of my late mother|
Mrs. M. Lucille (WILSON) SARRETT (1917-1987) The SFA "Work-Books" were compiled by "States" listing the various families, born, married, died, and a history of that family branch. In 1996 I started "Up-Loading" this material on the Sarratt/Sarrett/Surratt Families of America (SFA)© site. ..prs