My sincerest gratitude to Gary Webb.
James STEVENSON was born on 27 Nov 1797 in Edinburgh, Scotland. He died on 1 Oct 1884 in Davidson Co., TN. He died at age 87, cause of death old age. He was buried on 2 Oct 1884 in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. He was married to Anne FARMER on 14 Jul 1825 in Davidson Co., TN. Anne FARMER was born in 1805 in SC. She died on 21 Jul 1872 in Davidson Co., TN. (Information from Mount Olivet Cemetery Records.) Mrs. Anne Farmer Stevenson died at age 69, cause of death, paralysis. She was buried on 21 Jul 1872 in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN.
James STEVENSON and Anne FARMER had the following children:
1. James Ferguson STEVENSON was born on 19 Jul 1829. He died on 12 Feb 1912. He was buried on 13 Feb 1912 in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. He was married to Elizabeth PHILLIPS on 19 Aug 1849 in Davidson Co., TN. Elizabeth PHILLIPS died on 27 Jan 1874. She was buried in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN.
2. Martha A. STEVENSON was born in 1830 in TN. She died on 11 Aug 1865 in Davidson Co., TN. She was buried on 11 Aug 1865 in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. Information from Mount Olivet Cemetery Records. Mrs. Martha Stevenson McKnight died at age 35, cause of death, Consumption. She was married to William "Bill" J. MCKNIGHT on 25 Dec 1849 in Davidson Co., TN. William "Bill" J. MCKNIGHT was born in 1827 in Scotland. He died after 1857.
3. John STEVENSON was born in 1834.
4. Isabella STEVENSON was born in 1838. She died on 4 Jul 1912 in Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. She was buried on 5 Jul 1912 in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. She was married to Sydnor ZUCCARELLA. She was married to Palestine B. LANE. Palestine B. LANE was born in 1851. He died on 3 Sep 1912. He was buried on 4 Sep 1912 in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN.
5. David STEVENSON was born on 20 Jul 1841. He died on 10 Nov 1925. He was married to Cordelia COLLEY.
6. Anna STEVENSON was born in 1849. She was married to John WRITESMAN.
(Davidson County Wills-Book 28-Page 258)
WILL OF JAMES STEVENSON
I James Stevenson do make and publish this as my last will and testament hereby renouncing and making void all other wills by me made at any time.
First. I direct that my funeral expenses and debts be paid as soon after my death as possible out of any moneys I may die possessed of or may first come into the hands of my executor.
Secondly. To my daughter Isabella Zucarello I give and bequeath one thousand dollars in payment of which she is to receive a note which I hold against her husband S. Zucarello for one thousand dollars, bearing date Jan. 1st 1881.
Thirdly. To my sons James F. and David Stevenson I give and bequeath one thousand dollars each. In payment of which they are to receive the notes which I hold against them respectively for one thousand dollars. Each said notes bear date of James Nov. 3, 1882 and David's Nov. 1, 1882 and I direct that no accounts be made of any interest that may be due on either of the above notes, at the time of my death.
Fourthly. To my two grand Children Mary and Johnie Writesman Heirs of my deceased daughter Anna Writesman, I give and bequeath the sum of Two Hundred and Fifty dollars each to be paid out of a note due me by their father John Writesman, for Five Hundred dollars, Bearing date of Oct. 1, 1882, and should said note be paid before my death, then the above amounts of Two Hundred and fifty dollars each is to be paid out of any other money that may come into the hands of my executor.
Fifthly. To James McKnight, Maggie McKnight and Isabella McKnight. Heirs of my Deceased Daughter Martha McKnight I give and bequeath the sum of Two Hundred dollars to be divided as follows, James One Hundred, Maggie Fifty, and Isabelle Fifty.
Sixthly. After all the proceeding Bequests have been Paid, All other moneys remaining or that may be realized from the collection of debts due me, I give and Bequeath to my Three Children James F. Stevenson, David Stevenson & Isabella Zucarello to be divided equally.
Seventhly. My other personal property consisting of furniture beds & I give to my son David Stevenson.
Lastly I do hereby nominate and appoint B. J. Farrar my executor, In witness where of I do to this will, set my hand and seal this 4 day of Jan. 1884. Signed sealed and published in our presence and we have subscribed our names here of in the presence of the testator this 4 day of Jan. 1884.
J. C. McClendon
A. H. Brent
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids