Submitted by Anna Nettles
Information Sources: Immanuel Church records 1911-2001, Immanuel Cemetery Records; Personal Accounts of Immanuel Baptist Church Members : Esther Burysek Butler, Lillian Vejr McGee, Marie (Mrs. John) Ferrett; Betty (Clyde) (Mrs. James) Holubicka; Milton & Bea Burysek;
JOSEF AND MARY NESVARBA FAMILY
Josef NESVARBA born 19 March 1861 Germany or Russia - dd. 11 Dec 1949 Simpson County, Ky. Married Mary ___? Born 13 March 1863 Russia- dd. 9 May 1926 Simpson County, KY. Both are buried in Immanuel Cemetery, Portland, TN. Photo of the Nesvarba Family.
Their Children were :
1. Fred NESVARBA born 1890 Russia- no record after 1910 Ky.
1930 US Census Robertson County, TN. Dist. 1
NESVARBA, John (Fred?) born 1890 Bohemia married age 38 Farmer
Alice wife 36 34
Johnnie W. son 1 9/12
2. Emma NESVARBA born 1893 Tenn. dd.? Married Francis J. FALLETT (1895 - 1965) Both buried in Immanuel Cemetery, Portland, TN.
3. Bertha NESVARBA born 1896 -dd. ? Married Jerry HRADEK
4. Rubein NESVARBA born 1 April 1898 TN.- dd 19 Feb 1979 Simpson County, KY. Married 1927/8 Emma HRADEK (1901-dd. 21 Dec 1963 )
5. Adolph NESVARBA born 7 Feb. 1900-dd. 3 Aug 1961 Buried Immanuel Cemetery
6. Charles NESVARBA Charlie born
4 June 1902-10 Feb 1976 Simpson County, Ky. Married 12 March 1932 in Portland
Tn. To Rose BURYSEK (25 Sept 1909- 18 Nov 2001). Their farm ran along 31W,
across from Dueling Grounds race track, though the house was demolished in
2003, the barn still stands.
7. William NESVARBA Willie born 1903 KY. Dd. 30 Jan 1968 Simpson County, Ky., Married in 1925 Mary MAZANEC. (1900- 8 Feb 1988) child: Katherine born 1925/6 married Frank WOSTA. Married 2nd. Jr. Helton.
8. Rosa NESVARBA born 1904 Ky.- dd. ? ____ HALL
9. Katerine NESVARBA (listed in 1930 Immanuel Church Records, no further info)
10. Alibeta NESVARBA (listed in 1930 Immanuel Church Records, no further info)
1910 Miracode Census Index KENTUCKY District 0092
|NESVARBA, Josef||age 50||Germany||Farmer|
|Mary||age 47||Russia||Keeps House|
|Fred||age 20||Russia||Farm labor|
|Emma||age 17||Tn.||At home|
|Bertha||age 14||Tn.||At home|
|Rubein||age 12||Tn.||Farm labor|
|Adolph||age 10||Tn.||Farm labor|
|Charley||age 8||Tn.||At home|
1920 US Census SIMPSON COUNTY South, KY. Ed. 105 #140/139
NESVARBA, Joseph 58 born Russia 1861 / Poland/ Poland
Mary 57 Born Russian /Pol./ Pol.
Rubein son 21
Adolph son 19
Charley son 18
Willie son 17
1930 US Census SUMNER County Dist. 16 #94/96
NESVARBA, Joseph age 64 Born Poland/Speaks Polish/Imm.1904 Farmer
Bellie (?)(Mary?) age 56 Bohemia /Imm.1907 Speaks Polish
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids