Submitted by: Linda Carpenter & James Earl Gregory
* I would appreciate any help provided on the Hutcheson/Hutchison/ Hutcherson family, please e-mail Linda.
George W. HUTCHISON was born in May 1877 in TN. George W. HUTCHISON and Roberta Emma SIMPSON were married about 1894. Roberta Emma SIMPSON (daughter of Samuel S. SIMPSON and Mary F. AUSTIN) was born in 1879 in KY. She died on 6 Nov 1961 in Springfield, Robertson Co., TN. She was buried on 8 Nov 1961 in Elmwood Cemetery, Robertson Co., TN.
Robertson Co., TN Times Newspaper - 11-9-1961
Rites Conducted For Mrs. Hutcherson
Funeral services were conducted Wednesday at 1 pm at the Associated Funeral Home for Mrs. Roberta Simpson Hutcherson, 77, who died Monday at the local hospital after several weeks illness. A widow of George W. Hutcherson. She was a daughter of the late Sam and Mary Austin Simpson. She was a member of the Springfield Baptist Church and a native of Macon County. She is survived by four sons, Elmer, Fred, Genie Wilson Hutcherson, all of Springfield, and Wick Hutcherson of Indianapolis, IN; four daughters, Mrs. Arthur Brister of Gallatin, Mrs. Dolly Smith of Decatur, IL, Mrs. Harold Childers of Indianapolis and Miss Hester Hutcherson of Springfield; two sisters, Mrs. Haskell Goad of Lafayette and Mrs. Eddie King of Scottsville, KY; 30 grandchildren, 43 great-grandchildren and 8 great-great-grandchildren. (Thanks to Jeannie Parks Cohea!)
George W. HUTCHISON and Roberta Emma SIMPSON had the following children:
1. William C. HUTCHISON was born in Mar 1896 in Macon Co., TN.
2. Elmer P. HUTCHISON was born in May 1898 in Macon Co., TN. Elmer P. HUTCHISON and Maxie Aline TINCH were married on 22 May 1922 in Macon Co., TN. Maxie Aline TINCH was born in 1906.
3. 4. Fred HUTCHISON was born on 8 Mar 1903 in Macon Co., TN. He died in Apr 1975 in Robertson Co., TN. Fred HUTCHISON and Rosie COOK were married on 9 Jul 1922 in Macon Co., TN.
4. Hassie D. HUTCHISON was born in 1907 in Macon Co., TN. She died on 19 Jun 1994 in Sumner Co, TN. She was buried in Crestview Memorial Gardens, Gallatin, Sumner Co., TN. Hassie D. HUTCHISON and Arthur BRISTER were married in 1925 in Robertson Co., TN. Arthur BRISTER (son of Charley Henry BRISTER and Myrtle Louise (Myrtie) KIRBY) was born on 22 Sep 1902 in Warren Co., KY. He died on 3 Apr 1985 in Sumner Co, TN. He was buried in Crestview Memorial Gardens, Gallatin, Sumner Co., TN.
Arthur Brister - 1985
Arthur Brister, 82, of Gallatin, died Wednesday, April 3, 1985, at Brandywood Nursing Home. Funeral services were held Thursday, April 4, 1985, at Indian Hill Baptist Church with the Rev. Jack Goodwin officiating. Burial was in Crestview Memorial Park. Mr. Brister was born Sept. 22, 1902, in Kentucky, the son of Charlie Brister and Myrtle Kirby. He was married to Hassie Hutcherson Brister who survives. He was a farmer. In addition to his wife survivors include sons Charles Homer Brister of Gallatin and Arthur "Buddy" Brister Jr. of Portland; daughters, Myrtle Ezell of Chicago, Lener Gable, West Point, Ms. Irene Berry of Portland, Katherine Gregory of Castalian Springs, Louise Brister of Gallatin and Dorothy Claridy of Hartsville: a sister, Harriett Gregory of Gallatin, and 16 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren. Donoho-Legge-Newby Funeral home was in charge of arrangements.
Information from The News Examiner, of Sumner County, TN dated April 23, 1999.
Hassie D. Brister, 87, of Gallatin, died June 19, 1994. She is survived by sons Homer Brister of Gallatin and Arthur (Buddy) Brister of Portland; daughters Louise Brister of Gallatin, Catherine Gregory of Gallatin, Myrtle Ezell of Portland, Lena Gable of Madison and Irene Berry of Portland; a sister, Lassie Hutcheson of Indiana; 15 grandchildren and 26-great grandchildren. The service was 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 21, 1994, in the chapel of Newby Funeral Home with Elder Doug Curtis officiating. Interment followed in Crestview Memorial Park with Wayne Brister, James Gable, Bobby Johnson, Chad Durham, Bobby Tucker, and Robert L. Johnson serving as pallbearers.
Myrtle Mae Ezell
Mrs. Myrtle Mae Ezell, 73, of Portland died Nov. 15, 2004. Funeral services are Thursday, Nov. 18, 11 a.m., Wilkinson and Wiseman Funeral Home with Brother Robert Gilman officiating. Burial will be in Crestview Memorial Park. Pallbearers are David Bishop, Dave Bishop, Richard Krouldis, Jimmy Cook, Buddy Brister, and Wayne Brister. Visitation is today, Wednesday, Nov. 17, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mrs. Ezell was a member of Hollis Chapel General Baptist Church and Eastern Star. She was preceded in death by her parents, Arthur Brister and Hassie Hutcherson. She is survived by her husband, Henry "Hank" Ezell; daughters, Geri (David) Bishop of Millersville, Debbie (Richard) Krouldis of Gordonsville; brother, Buddy Brister of Gallatin; sisters, Louise Brister and Irene Berry, both of Gallatin, Catherine Gregory of Hartsville; six grandchildren; one great-grandchild. Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society. Wilkinson and Wiseman Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
5. Dessie B. HUTCHISON was born in 1908 in Macon Co., TN. Dessie B. HUTCHISON and Berdie L. BLACKBURN were married in 1927 in Robertson Co., TN. Berdie L. BLACKBURN was born in 1912.
6. Dolly F. HUTCHISON was born in 1910 in Macon Co., TN. She died in 1982. She was buried in Decatur, ILL. Dolly F. HUTCHISON and Elliott Elmore GREGORY were married on 23 Jan 1926 in Robertson Co., TN. They were divorced. Elliott Elmore GREGORY (son of Haywood Hughes GREGORY and Ruth Ann MASON) was born on 20 Sep 1906 in Robertson Co., TN. He died on 8 Feb 1967 in Sumner Co., TN. He was buried in Gallatin City Cemetery, Gallatin, Sumner Co., TN.
Dolly F. HUTCHISON and Elliott Elmore GREGORY had the following children:
James Earl GREGORY (6 Aug 1928 - 20 June 2009).
Lizzy Virginia "Geneva" GREGORY (5 May 1931 - 8 May 1968).
Harold Elliott (Harrice) GREGORY (Infant) was born on 9 Mar 1933 in Robertson Co., TN. He died on 11 Mar 1933 in Robertson Co., TN. He was buried in Hopewell Cemetery, Robertson Co., TN.
7. Genie Wilson HUTCHISON was born on 15 Jan 1912 in Macon Co., TN. He died in Jun 1967 in Robertson Co., TN. Genie Wilson HUTCHISON and Eloise Hazel BLACKBURN were married in 1934 in Robertson Co., TN.
8. Wick HUTCHISON was born in 1914 in Macon Co., TN. Wick HUTCHISON and Mary Elizabeth RELISH were married in 1940 in Robertson Co., TN.
9. Hester M. HUTCHISON was born in 1917 in Macon Co., TN.
10. Lassie HUTCHISON was born in 1921 in TN.
* I would appreciate any help provided on the Hutcheson/Hutchison/ Hutcherson family, just e-mail Linda.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids