© 2002 - 2005
William Henry "Mr. Bill" Carter was the son of William Abner and Nancy A. Carter. He was born January 11, 1892 and died March 9, 1965. He is buried at the Wolfe Cemetery in Allen Co., KY. He married Sadie R. Carter, daughter of Frank and Liza Brown Carter, in March of 1916. She was born November 14, 1901 and died January 12, 1936. She is buried at the Wolfe Cemetery in Allen Co., KY. William H. Carters other wives were Sarah Watkins, and Eva Shelton (1907-2000). Obituary of William H. Carter. Photo of William and Sadie Carter.
William Henry Carter and Sadie R. Carter had the following children:
1. Hessie W. Carter was born May 24, 1917 and died August 1, 1982. He was buried at Roberts Tabernacle Cemetery in Sumner Co. TN. He was married to Mary Gustine Ausbrooks, November 19, 1942.
2. Flossie Frances Carter was born June 7, 1919. She was married to Gobel Durham, on December 24, 1942. Flossie Frances Carter died on June 27, 2004 at her home in Gallatin, TN. She was buried at the Crestview Memorial Cemetery beside of her husband Gobel Durham.
3. Charles Edward Carter was born November 25, 1920 and died June 1, 1944. Charles was killed in Italy during World War II. He was married to Miriam M. Wilson, in 1940. He is buried at the Veterans Cemetery in Davidson Co., TN.
4. Carlos Dee Carter was born November 15, 1922. He was married to Leona Mae Calvert, on May 21, 1939, the daughter of Hershel and Ethel Gaines Calvert.
5. Norman C. Carter was born September 7, 1924. He was married to Margaret Daniels, on May 25, 1946.
Obituary - Norman C. Carter - Norman C. Carter, 80, of Adolphus, Ky., passed away Wednesday, June 15, 2005. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, June 18 from Anderson & Woodard Funeral Home with Bro. Jimmy Anderson officiating. Interment will follow in Wolfe Cemetery. Visitation will be from 3-9 p.m. on Friday, June 17 and from 9 a.m. until time of service on Saturday. Mr. Carter was preceded in death by his parents, William Henry Carter and Sadie Ray Carter; brothers, William Carter, Charles Carter, Hessie Woodrow Carter; sister, Flossie Frances Durham. He is survived by his wife, Margaret Daniels Carter of Adolphus, Ky.; good friend, Norine Fykes Hinton of Gallatin; brothers, Clyde Carter of Gallatin, Dee Carter of Adolphus, Ky., Melton Carter of Bowling Green; sister, Hazel Parker of Gallatin and several nieces and nephews. Anderson & Woodard Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements. *Submitted by: Pattie Carter
6. Melton T. Carter was born March 30, 1926. He was married to Bessie Lee Jones, on December 26, 1946. She is buried in Warren Co., KY.
7. Clyde G. Carter was born December 14, 1929. He was married to Christell Collins, the daughter of Henry and Vangie Caldwell Collins on December 24, 1949.
Obituary - CARTER, Clyde G. Age 78 of Gallatin passed away December 21, 2007. Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Sunday from the chapel of Family Heritage Funeral Home with Pastor Chet Murrell officiating. Entombment will follow in the mausoleum at Sumner Memorial Gardens. Visitation will be today 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. until service. Preceded in death by his parents, Willie and Sadie Carter, and siblings, Charles Carter, Hessie Carter, Norman Carter, Flossie Durham and William P. Carter. Survived by his wife of 59 years, Christell Carter of Gallatin; brothers, Dee (Leona) Carter of Adolphus, KY, and Melton Carter of Bowling Green, KY; one sister, Hazel (Scottie) Parker of Gallatin and several loving nieces and nephews. *Submitted by: Pattie Carter
8. William P. Carter was born in 1931 and died in 1934. He is buried at the Wolfe Cemetery in Allen Co., KY.
9. Hazel Marie Carter was born January 22, 1934. She was married to Scottie Parker on May 12, 1961.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids