Ethel May Gaines (daughter of James Andrew Gaines and Mary Martha Harper) was born June 5, 1888 and died January 31, 1959. She married John Hershel Calvert (son of Samuel Birg Calvert and Martha Ellen Dowell). He was born December 12, 1884 in Sumner Co., TN. and died on August 28, 1963. They were married in Sumner Co., TN on December 25, 1907. (See Gaines Lineage)
The children of Ethel Mae Gaines and John Hershel Calvert were:
1. Chester Murell Calvert: born March 23, 1910 and died in 1937. He was married to Addie Prescott (daughter of Ruth Prescott) born December 6, 1910 in KY and died January 18, 2002 in Indianapolis, IN. He is buried in the Pirkle Cemetery and she is buried in Indiana.
2. Lucille Calvert born November 23, 1912 and died November 23, 1912. She is buried at the Pleasant Ridge Church Cemetery in Allen Co., KY.
3. Leonard Calvert born September 21, 1913 and died September 21, 1913. He is buried at the Pleasant Ridge Church Cemetery in Allen Co., KY.
4. Mable Edith Calvert born September 29, 1914 in Sumner Co., Tn and died June 6, 2000. She was married to Gilbert Pirkle born 1912 and died April 18, 1986. They were married November 17, 1931. She was also married to Sherill Reuter born July 5, 1909 and died March 6, 1984 on November 15, 1958. He is buried in Florida. Mable Calvert is buried at the Rippy Cemetery, in Sumner Co., TN.
5. Mitchell Milburn Calvert born May 12, 1917 in Sumner Co., TN and died 1965 in Indianapolis, IN. He was married to Lera Mae Brawner . He was buried in Indianapolis, IN. He was a Baptist minister.
6. Roy Lawrence Calvert born August 17, 1919 and died March 16, 2001. He was married to Orgalean Keen, Betty Deering, and Evelyn Epely. Roy L. Calvert is buried at the Crossville, TN City Cemetery. Roy sang in several gospel quartets.
7. Leona Mae Calvert born September 6, 1920. She is married to Carlos "Dee" Carter, born November 11, 1922, (son of William Henry and Sadie Rae Carter). They were married on May 21, 1939 in Allen Co., KY.
8. Halfrey Nolman Calvert born December 6, 1921 and died October 1994. He was married to Martha Williamson . They are buried at the Rippy Cemetery, Sumner Co., TN.
9. Ira L. Calvert born July 13, 1925 on died on February 22, 1987 in Brownsburg, IN. He was married to Kathaleen Stacey. He is buried in Indianapolis, IN.
10. Everett Herchel Calvert born August 25, 1927 in Simpson Co., KY died October 26, 1988. He was married to Quintella Carter and Maybelle Mankin. He is buried at the Rippy Cemetery, Sumner Co., TN.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids