Submitted by Steve
The Rogan House is located in the Parkers Chapel area.
The Rogan house is one of 3 remaining houses in the original Parkers Chapel community. The community began with Sam and Lucy Coakley, who were former slaves. It was originally called Taylor's Old Field. Logs were cut for a new church on the Taylor property where the present day church stands. Rev. Jim Parker was the church's first pastor and the church was named for him - Parker's Chapel Baptist Church. In later years, the community name was changed from Taylor's Old Field (aka Old Field) to Parker's Chapel. Many of the houses in the community were built by the Coakley brothers and their descendants still live there as do descendants of other families who settled there in the late 1800's and early 1900's - Smith, Lightfoot, Shaw, Rippy, and Rogan families.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids