(Believed to be:) Clarence, Nancy Jane (Welch Horton Iventh), Grace, Evelyn, & Alline Horton
Clarence Lee HORTON (son of King David HORTON and Nancy Jane WELCH) was born on 30 Aug 1897 in Smith Co., TN. He died on 26 Jul 1980 in Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. He was buried on 28 Jul 1980 in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. He was married to Grace Myrtle SANDERS (daughter of Robert C. SANDERS and Georgie Bell HAYNES) on 24 Mar 1923 in Sumner Co., TN. Grace Myrtle SANDERS was born on 18 Dec 1906. She died on 24 Dec 1935 in Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. She was buried on 26 Dec 1935 in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN.
Clarence Lee HORTON and
Grace Myrtle SANDERS had the following children:
1. Evelyn Louise HORTON was born on 28 Oct 1924. She died on 9 Oct 1974 in Buffalo, NY.
2. Alline HORTON was born on 30 Sep 1927. She died on 19 Oct 1982 in Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. She was buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN. Alline HORTON and Joseph M. VESTER Jr. were married on 9 Apr 1946 in Franklin, KY.
* Clarence Lee Horton, age 83, July 26, 1980 at a local infirmary. Survived by Daughter, Mrs. Alline Vester; three grandchildren; several great grandchildren; several nieces and nephews. Remains are at Forest Lawn Funeral Home where services will be conducted Monday, July 28, 1980 at 1 P.M. with Dr. Charles Worrell. Pallbearers will be friends. Internment Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens. Forest Lawn Funeral Home Inc. 1150 Dickerson Rd. 859-5279
* Horton-Tuesday evening, December 24, 1935, at 9:45 o'clock at a local infirmary, Mrs. Myrtle G. Horton, age 28 years. Survived by her husband, C. L. Horton; children, Olive and Evelyn Horton; father, Robert C. Sanders; sisters, Misses Nannie, Florence and Gertrude Sanders; brother, Robert C. Sanders Jr. The remains are at her home, 668 Reid Avenue. Funeral from the Reid Avenue Church of Christ this (Thursday) afternoon at 2 o'clock. Services conducted by the Rev. H. A. Robinson. Interment Mt. Olivet Cemetery. The following will serve as pallbearers; R. L. Malone, Reece Macy, J. L. Pippin, John Gotto, Ike Fenly, Charlie Mallory, Hop Mallory, H. B. Lamb. Martin and Bracy 2408 West End.
* Sprague - Evelyn (nee Horton) Suddenly in Buffalo, N.Y., Oct. 9, 1974; wife of the late Norman Sprague; daughter of Clarence L. Horton and the late Grace Sanders; sister of Mrs. Joseph Vester of Nashville, Tenn. Friends are invited to call at Giambrone Funeral Home Inc., 909 West Ave. corner of West Ferry St. where the funeral services will be held Friday afternoon at 3 o'clock.
* Vester, Mrs. Alline Horton-October 19, 1982. Survived by husband Joseph M. Vester. Jr. Remains are at Forest Lawn Funeral Home where services will be conducted Thursday morning at 10 a.m. with Dr. Charles E. Worrell. Sr. officiating. Interment Forest Lawn Cemetery. Honorary Pallbearers: Almenah Temple Hard Hat Unit and Employees of Atlantic Envelope Company. Active Pallbearers: Roy Whitehead, Eddie Davis, Jack Tillman, Herbert Yunker, Harold Herring, Harold Brown. Mrs. Vester was a member of Rock City Chapter 2 Order of the Eastern Star. Forest Lawn Funeral Home, 1150 Dickerson Road.
Nancy Jane Welch Horton Iventh's obituaries:
* Tennessean - March 27, 1930 - Funeral Held
Today For Mrs. Nancy Iventh -
Kentucky Native Lived Here 18 Years
Funeral services for Mrs. Nancy Jane Iventh, 65, native of Hopkinsville, Ky., and resident of Nashville for the last 18 years, who died Tuesday evening, were held this afternoon at 1:30 o'clock at Roesch-Johnson-Charlton funeral home. The Rev. H. H. Wise officiated. Burial was in Mt. Olivet Cemetery. Her sons were pallbearers. Mrs. Iventh made her home here at 429 1/2 Houston Street. She moved to Nashville after her marriage but later returned to Kentucky. In recent years she had made her home with children here. Mrs. Iventh was a devoted member of the Nazarene Church. For the last two years she was in ill health. Survivors are six sons, George, Jesse, Willie, Albert, Clarence and Walter Horton, and three daughters, Mrs. Robert Gilmore, Mrs. George Saunders and Mrs. Jim Jarratt. *(Thanks to Gary Webb! lc)
Nashville Banner - Wednesday Evening, March 26,
Mrs. Nancy J. Iventh Summoned By Death
Mrs. Nancy Jane Iventh 61, wife of Jasper Iventh, died Tuesday at 11 p.m. at her home, 429 1/2 Houston Street, following a brief illness. She is survived by her husband, six sons, Jesse, William, Clarence, George, Albert and Walter Horton; and three daughters, Mrs. Robert Gilbert, Mrs. George Saunders, and Mrs. James Jarrett. Funeral Services will be conducted Thursday at 1:30 p.m. from the Chapel of Roesch - Johnson - Charlton Company by the Rev. H. H. Wise. Her sons will serve as pallbearers, burial will be in MT. Olivet Cemetery.
The Nashville Tennessean - Thursday Morning,
Iventh-Tuesday evening at 11 o'clock, March 25, 1930, at her home 429 1/2 Houston Street, Nancy Jane Iventh, aged 65 years; Mother of George, Jesse, Willie, Albert, Clarence and Walter Horton, Mrs. Robert Gilbert, Mrs. George Saunders and Mrs. Jim Jarrett. Funeral Services from the Parlors of Roesch-Johnson-Charlton Co. 1529 Broadway (Thursday) afternoon at 1:30 o'clock conducted by Rev. H. H. Wise. Her sons will serve as pallbearers. Interment MT. Olivet Cemetery.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids