Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Cold Springs School
& Museum

Submitted by Steve Broadway
©2012

The Cold Springs School (1857 - mid-1930) was located on the McGlothlin farm.  During the Civil War, the school and the site surrounding it was used as a training camp for Confederate soldiers and was called Camp Trousdale.  Dr. William Polk Moore Sr. treated soldiers there.  In 1866 and 1867 David Lipscomb held meetings in the school house and the Portland Church of Christ was established from these meetings.

Cold Springs School

Cold Springs School was moved by the Highland Rim Historical Society in 1974. The museum is presently located in Richland Park in Portland.

Cold Springs School

Cold Springs School Museum is open from June-September 1-4 pm on Sundays or upon special request.

Cold Springs School


Photo Gallery Index Page

Genealogist's Companion Main Page