Rohel-Bach-Bohm-Loeb + Associates - Descendants
Home | Names | Stories | Pictures | Toolbox | Peter's Page | Famous Relatives on Geni | Guestbook | Site map
Schnabel Family Genealogy
April 2011 - Joined GENI - Please Join our "Geni Family Group" - and Help Us Migrate Your Relatives :)
*Some information already added on Geni -- info. also provided by Anthony Swing below -- Last update: March 20, 2010 - one of my direct lines
- Joachim SCHNABEL Born: abt 1780 Died: bef. 1852 occupation: Kaufmann in Třebíč (Trebitsch), Moravia (Mähren), Czech + Fanni SCHÖNBAUM aka: SCHÖN Born: 1786 in (Myslkovice) Miskowitz, Bohemia (Böhmen), Czech. occupation: 1874 Private Witwe. Died: Sep 2, 1874 in Vienna-15 (=Rudolfsheim-Fünfhaus) bur Währinger cemetery, Vienna, Austria
Herrmann SCHNABEL Born: 1823 in Třebíč, Moravia. Died: Jan 15, 1883 in Rudolfsheim, Feldgasse 6 buried in Vienna NFP Zeremonienallee occupation: Firma Herrman Schnabel, Fellgroßhändler,
Hausinhaber, 1852 Produktenhändler + Fannyi (Fanni) FLEISCHMANN Born: 1834 in Sobotište (Szobotist) Senica district, Slovakia (prev. Hungary). Married: Dec 14, 1852 in Fünfhaus. Died: Sep 3, 1916 in Baden by Vienna NFP Father:
Abraham Fleischmann Mother: Johanna Lewinger
Heinrich SCHNABEL Born: Sep 8, 1853 in Fünfhaus 223. Died: Jul 28, 1936 in Vienna 1, Weiburggasse 30 NFP. occupation: Kommerzialrat, Ges. d.
prot. Fa. H. Broch, Lederfabrik in Rudolfsheim u. Altmannsdorf + Flora (see ENGELMAN family) Born: Sep 25, 1860 in Prostějov (Proßnitz), Moravia. Married: 1880 in Fünfhaus. Died: Nov 16, 1944 in Vienna 2, Malzgasse 7 Vienna Father: Leopold Engelman (11/15/1817 - 10/24/1882) Mother: Fanny Broch (12/17/1834 - )
- Victor SCHNABEL Born: Jun 15, 1881 in Vienna, Rudolfsheim. Died: Nov 26, 1948 or 1939 in Zagreb, Croatia + Nina MAUTHNER de JÁNOSHEGY Born: Aug 11, 1887 in Budapest, Hungary Died: Apr 11, 1934 in Vienna, bur. Döblinger cem. Married: Dec 22, 1907 in Budapest Father: Ödön Mauthner (de
Jánosheghy) Mother: Malvine Abeles
- Veronika "Vera" SCHNABEL Born: Nov 1, 1908 in Budapest. Died: Jan 11, 1994 + Laszlo SWING (born SCHWENG) Born: Mar 1, 1907 Married: Mar 11, 1941 in
London, England. Died: Feb 10, 1991
- Anthony SWING Born: private "source" + (?)
- Doris SCHNABEL Born: Sep 7, 1913 in Vienna. Died: Mar 13, 1997 +
Reginald WILTSHIRE Born: Oct 26, 1911 Residence: England. Died: Sep 20, 2004
- Susanne SCHNABEL Born: Dec 24, 1917 in Budapest. Died: Mar 1, 1967
Dr. law Richard SCHNABEL Born: Aug 29, 1883 in Vienna, Rudolfsheim. Died: 1966-67 + Fanny (see von STRASSER de GYÖRVÁR family) Born: Aug 11, 1893 or 1896 in Bad Aussee, Styria (Steiermark), Austria. Married: 1921 in Vienna, Stadttempel. Died: 1966-67 Father: Bela
von Strasser de Györvár (Hungary - abt 1937 Trieste, Italy) Mother: Charlotte "Lola" Leitner ( - 1950 Rome, bur. Trieste, Italy)
- Peter SCHNABEL Born: Jun 11, 1922 in Vienna. Died: Oct 18, 1931 in Vienna
- Maria SCHNABEL Born: private + G. HECHT-LUCARI Residence: private
- Barbara HECHT-LUCARI + Mario POGACAR
- Marianne "Mitzi" SCHNABEL Born: Jun 22 or 26, 1886 in Vienna, Rudolfsheim. Died: Apr 28, 1954 in Vienna + Adolf Eduard EGGER Born: Jul 15, 1874 in Vienna. Married: Jun 26, 1912 in Vienna evang. Siblings: Regine Egger (12/24/1867 - 2/9/1945 Thersienstadt, Bohemia concentration camp) & Arthur (see Ehrenfest-Egger family) (12/13/1862 Vienna - ) Father: Bela Bernhard Egger Mother: Johanna Blau *geni
- Franz EGGER Born: Mar 23, 1913 Residence: Buenos Aires, Argentina + (?) *2nd wife: (?) *no children from either marriage
- Victor EGGER Born: Jun 2, 1922 Died: Feb 11, 2009 in London, England + (?) Died:
before him *no children
- Gustav SCHNABEL Born: Jun 9, 1890 in Vienna, Rudolfsheim. Died: Oct 10, 1943 or 1951 in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil + Marie (Maidie) WINTERBERG Born: May 28, 1896 Married: May 8, 1923 in Vienna. Died: aft. 1955
- Elisabeth SCHNABEL twin Born: private + Philip GLAESSNER Residence: private
- Friedrich SCHNABEL twin Died: during WW-2 in
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil accident
Theodor SCHNABEL Born: Apr 19, 1855 in F ünfhaus 223. Died: Apr 18, 1924 in Teesdorf, (Baden) buried Vienna NFP. occupation: Ges. d. prot. Fa. H.
Broch, Lederfabrik in Rudolfsheim u. Altmannsdorf + Antonie "Toni" WEISZ or WEISS Born: 1861 or 24.05.1862 in Zrenjanin (Groß Becskerek), Hungary. Married: 1884
Died: May 20, 1910 in Vienna-7, Zollergasse 2 NFP
Alice SCHNABEL Born: Dec 11, 1884 in Vienna. occupation: Journalistin,
Erz ählerin, lit. Salon. Died: Apr 24, 1949 in Vienna bur. Döblinger cem + Ferdinand SCHMUTZER Born: May 21, 1870 in Vienna (Pf. Altlerchenfeld). Married: Apr 7, 1908 in Vienna (Pf. Mariahilf). occupation: k.k. Professor, Artist. Died: Oct 26, 1928 in Vienna (Pf. Weinhaus) bur. Döblinger cem. Father: Ferdinand Schmutzer Mother: Karoline (?) occupation: Prof., Akad. f. darst. Kunst, Maler, Graphiker, Radierer
Note: see Ferdinand's images on wikimedia or wikipedia; Ferdinand was commissioned to draw Einstein, Richard Strauss, Pablo Casals amongst many other famous people. His drawing of Sigmund (see Freud family) is in the Freud Museum in London. Freud apparently didn't like being photographed or painted, but he wrote a letter to Ferdinand, which the family have, saying how good he thought that the drawing of him was. In 2001 the Schmutzer family found in their Vienna house masses of reference photographs that Ferdinand took - obviously to help him with his portraits. However this collection was so good, and important, that it is now in the Austrian National Archives. A photo of Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany established what people believed that he had a large duelling scar on his face, but he always insisted that it was re-touched out from any published photos or portraits OR Associated Press "Forgotten photos offer glimpse of history" OR The Mahler-Rosé Collection in London, Ontario, Canada
- Maria Caroline SCHMUTZER Born: Jul 5, 1909 in Vienna. Died: May 3, 1999 in London, Ontario, Canada + Alfred Eduard (see ROSÉ family) Born: Dec 11, 1902 in Vienna. Married: Oct 5, 1933 in Vienna (St. Augustin). Divorced: in ? fraglich. Died: May 7, 1974 in London, Ontario, Canada Father: Arnold Rosé (born Rosenblum) (10/24/1863 Iaşi /Jassy) current Romania - 8/25/1946 London grave) Mother: Justine "Justi" Ernestine Mahler (12/15/1868 Jihlava (Iglau), Czech - 8/22/1938 Vienna)
- Susanne "Susi" SCHMUTZER Born: Jul 12, 1911 in Vienna bur. Aug 6, 1991 Döblinger cem. occupation: Artist (Bildhauerin) + Paul Franz PESCHKE Born: Aug 26, 1907 in Vienna (Pf. Ober St. Veit) Married: Jul 28, 1945 in Vienna
(Standesamt Währing). occupation: akad. Bildhauer.
Buried: Jan 28, 1992 Döblinger cem.
- Paul PESCHKE
- Anton PESCHKE Born: private
- Johannes SCHMUTZER Born: Jun 17, 1913 in Vienna (Pf. Weinhaus). Died: Apr 10, 1958 in Vienna bur. Döblinger cem + Gertrude (Elisabeth?) ROSENBAUM Born: Jul 3, 1917 in Vienna. Married: Apr 4, 1937 in Vienna (Pf. Maria
Am Gestade). Died: Sep 8, 1974 in Vienna bur. Döblinger cem.
*2nd wife of Theodor Schnabel: Marianne KUBIES Born: Nov 30, 1880 in Munich, Germany. Married: aft. 1884. Died: Nov 11, 1922 in Vienna bur. Döblinger cem.
Ernestine SCHNABEL Born: Jan 20, 1858 in Vienna, Rudolfsheim. occupation: Kaufmann. Died: Nov 24, 1931 in Vienna-4, Prinz Eugenstraße 70 + Ferdinand FUCHS Born: Aug 30, 1840 in Nové Mesto nad Váhom, Slovakia (Waag-Neustadtl, prev. Hungary). Married: Sep 15, 1878 in Fünfhaus, Austria. Died: Oct 15, 1904 in Vienna
- Emma FUCHS Born: Feb 19, 1876 in Vienna. Died: Apr 29, 1942 in Łódź ghetto, Poland + Karl /Carl (see JARAY family) Born: Dec 31, 1873 in Vienna. Married: Aug 11, 1901 in Mödling by Vienna. Died: abt. Aug 3, 1920 in Vienna-3, Prinz Eugenstraße 70
Father: Sigmund Jaray Jeiteles (1838 Temesvar (Timişoara), Romania - 2/2/1908 Vienna) NFP Mother: Mathilde Eckstein (1846 - 4/13/1902 Vienna) NFP
- Emanuel SCHNABEL Born: Jan 13, 1860 in Vienna. occupation: Ges. d. prot. Fa. H. Schnabel. Died: Jul 31, 1942 in KZ Theresienstadt camp + Regine "Ini" (see FREISTADTL family) Born: Apr 12, 1871 Married: Sep 5, 1891 in Vienna. Died: Aug 9, 1942 in KZ Theresienstadt camp
- Hermann SCHNABEL Born: Sep 22, 1892 in Vienna. occupation: Bankbeamter. Died: Apr 1, 1936 in Vienna + Lucza SCHLESINGER Born: Apr 6, 1905 in Budapest, Hungary. Married: Nov 30, 1926 in Vienna
- Sibilla SCHNABEL Born: private + (?)
- Bill CARLSSON
- Patrik JOHANSSON "source"
- Helene SCHNABEL Born: Jul 30, 1894 in Vienna
- Felix SCHNABEL Born: Feb 20, 1896 in Vienna. occupation: Bankbeamter 1916 Fähnrich d. k.k. Drag.
Reg. N. 3. Died: Jul 26, 1916 in Felso Viszo, gefallen Buried: Mar 14, 1917 in Vienna, Zeremonienallee
- Therese (Theresia) "Daisy" SCHNABEL Born: Oct 30, 1899 in Vienna. Died: Sep 13, 1949 in Montevideo, Uruguay + Dr. Manfred (see GEIRINGER family) Born: Jul 12, 1892 Married Sep 19, 1920 in Vienna. Died: Oct 6, 1955 bur. in Vienna
- Friederike (Frederike) SCHNABEL Born: Oct 31, 1861 in Vienna. Died: abt. 1942 in KZ Treblinka, camp or aft. 1950 + Hugo SCHWARZ Born: Sep 7, 1852 in Náchod, Bohemia, (Böhmen). occupation: Geschäftsleiter der Anglo-österr. Bank. Married: Nov 6, 1881 in Vienna, Fünfhaus. Died: abt. Oct 14, 1921 in Vienna-1, Rathausstraße 15
Father: Moses Schwarz Mother: Franziska (?)
- Rudolf SCHWARZ Born: Oct 4, 1882 in Vienna. occupation: Bankbeamter. Died: Feb 1971 in IL, USA + Margarete KALLAI Born: Nov 5, 1892 in Vienna. Married: Nov 19, 1911 in Vienna, Stadttempel Siblings: Elsa Kallai & Ernst Hermann Schwarz below Father: Eduard Kallai (born Kohn) Mother: Franziska Forchheimer
- Rudolf Leo SCHWARZ Born: Sep 26, 1912 in Vienna
- Maria SCHWARZ Born: Mar 2, 1918 in Vienna
- Ernst Hermann SCHWARZ Born: Nov 4, 1885 in Vienna. occupation: Kaufmann. Died: Feb 17, 1935 in Vienna-1, Rathausstraße15 + Elsa KALLAI Born: Jan 28, 1894 in Vienna. Married: Aug 7, 1919 in Vienna, Stadttempel. Died: aft. 1939 Father: Eduard Kallai (born Kohn) Mother: Franziska Forchheimer above
- Richard SCHWARZ Born: Jan 24, 1889 in Vienna. occupation: 1913 Privatbeamter. Died: Apr 15, 1913 in Vienna-1, Rathausstraße 15
- Johanna SCHNABEL Born: Jul 15 or 18, 1863 in Vienna. Died: Dec 22, 1942 in KZ Theresienstadt camp + Josef BROCH Born: Jan 12, 1852 in Prostějov (Proßnitz), Moravia. occupation: Textilgroßhändler from Proßnitz, abt. 1864 Bürodiener in Tuchgeschäft, Vienna 1, 1906 Erwerb Teesdorfer Fabrik. Married: Oct 25, 1885 in Fünfhaus, Austria. Died: Oct 14, 1933 in Teesdorf, Baden, Austria Father: Abraham Broch Mother: Julie Spitz
- Hermann BROCH Born: Nov 1, 11.1886 in Vienna-1, Franz Josefskai 37. occupation: 1908
Schriftsteller, 1906-27 Textilingenieur, Spinnfirma, Teesdorf, 1949 Prof. f. deutsche Literatur, New Haven. Died: May 30, 1951 in New Haven, CT, USA, buried 1951 Killingworth, Connecticut, Union District cem + Franziska von ROTHERMANN Born: Aug 6, 1884 in Hirm (Fölszerfalva), Ödenburger Komitat, Austria (prev Hungary). Married: Dec 11, 1909 in Baden by Vienna (St. Helena). Divorced:
Apr 13, 1923 in Vienna . occupation: Zuckerfabrikantenstochter aus Hirm, Burgenland. Died: Dec 17, 1974 in Graz, Austria Siblings: Friedrich Broch ( - 10/6/1967 Cambridge, MA, USA) Father: Rudolf von Rothermann Mother: Marie (?)
Note: see Hermann Broch on wikipedia OR books by Hermann OR on Amazon books by Hermann and Paul Michael Lützeler OR profile on kirjasto "Herrmann Broch, Austrian writer whose reputation rests on a number of formally inventive and intellectually ambitious novels. The dilemma of the artist in a period of historical crisis is the subject of Hermann Broch's masterpiece Der Tod des Vergil (1945, The Death of Virgil).. Hermann Broch was born in Vienna into a well-to-do Jewish family. His father was Josef Broch, an industrialist, and mother Johanna Schnabel Broch. He was first educated privately, after which his education was intended to prepare him for an administrative position in his father's textile factory in Teesdorf.. Broch was arrested by the Nazis on the day of the German annexation of Austria and detained briefly in 1938. Inspired by the visions of impending death in the prison in Altaussee, he wrote a few elegies, which became the core of Der Tod des Vergil. With the help of James Joyce and other writers, Broch was allowed to emigrate from Nazi Austria. He moved to London, then to Scotland, and finally to the United States, where he settled first in Princeton, New Jersey. Ea von Allesch took care of Broch's mother, but could not save her from the Nazis and she ended in a concentration camp. Ea died in 1953 in Vienna.. Although Broch had converted to Catholicism as a young man, at the time of his death he was planning a return to the Judaism of his childhood"
- Hermann Friedrich "Armand" BROCH de ROTHERMANN (aka: Armand de ROTHERMANN) Born: Oct 4, 1910 occupation: interpreter for Unesco and the United Nations, also translated his father's works into English. Died: 1994 + Emma TÄUBELE aka: Ea von ALLESCH Born: 1875 Married: 1919 occupation: Redakteurin der "Modernen Welt" Buried: Aug 5, 1953 in Vienna *2nd wife of Hermann: Anne Marie MEIER-GRAEFE Married: Dec 5, 1949? in USA
- Friedrich BROCH Born: Dec 17, 1889 in Vienna. Died: aft. 1938
- Anna SCHNABEL Born: Jun 15, 1865 in Vienna, Fünfhaus. occupation: Produktenhändlers Kind. Died: Mar 26, 1867 in Vienna, Fünfhaus bur. Währinger cem.
- Ida SCHNABEL Born: Jul 15, 1867 in Fünfhaus by Vienna. Buried: Mar 14, 1940 in Vienna bur. Döblinger cem + Alois THORSCH Born: Jul 6, 1853 in Turnov (Turnau), Bohemia (Böhmen). Married: Sep 19, 1889 in Vienna, Fünfhaus. Died: Nov 7, 1934 in Vienna bur Döblinger cem. Father: Samuel Thorsch Mother: Amalia Kareis
- Adele SCHNABEL Born: Jan 1, 1870 in Vienna, Fünfhaus. Died: Jan 26, 1872 in Vienna, Fünfhaus
- Josefine SCHNABEL Born: Feb or Mar 2, 1872 in Vienna, Fünfhaus. Died: aft. 1938 + Dr. med Moriz (Max) HOFFMANN Born: Oct 1, 1864 in Vienna. Died: aft. 1939 Married: Apr 21, 1895 in Vienna, Fünfhaus Father: Adolf Hoffmann Mother: Henriette Bauer
- Johannes HOFFMANN Born: Jul 7, 1896 in Purkersdorf by Vienna occupation: 1923 Student der Rechte
- Anna Elisabeth HOFFMANN Born: Dec 16, 1898 in Vienna Died: Aog 27, 1990 in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA + Dr. Emil THORSCH Born: Dec 5, 1893 occupation:: Bankbeamter, Creditanstalt, Kohlmarkt.
Died: 1940 in USA. Buried: Jun 23, 1950 Vienna, Döblinger cem. Father: Hugo Thorsch Mother: Emma (?)
- Susanne THORSCH Born: Dec 5, 1925 in Vienna + (?) FISCHER
- Herbert Franz HOFFMANN Born: Nov 8, 1904 in Vienna 1, Wildpretmarkt 6
- August SCHNABEL Born: Jul 8, 1874 in Vienna, Fünfhaus. occupation: Ges. d. prot. Fa. H. Schnabel. Died: Dec 9, 1949 in Vienna + Gertrud (Fritzi) MÜNCH Born: Jun 1, 1880 in Vienna. Married: Sep 8, 1901 in Vienna Father: Heinrich Münch
- Simon SCHNABEL
Contact: Peter Rohel, 42 Cardigan Rd., Toronto, ON, Canada M8Z-2W2 | Copyright:© 2004-2012