|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: An autonomous principality founded in the 14th century, as an off-shoot of Hunza state, it came under the control of the British from 1889, though it was still considered a vassal of the Maharaja of Kashmir. Acceded to Pakistan in 1947, but remained a self-governing state until the 25th September 1974. Rulers were....
- The Ruler of Gilgit ca 1720/1750
- TAHIR KHAN, Tham of Nagar 1828/1837, Ra of Gilgit 1830/1837
- ASGHAR KHAN, Tham of Nagar in 1837
- SHAH SIKANDAR KHAN I, Tham of Nagar 1837/1840, Mehtar of Yasin and Ra of Gilgit 1837/1840, assasinated in 1840.
- KARIM KHAN, Tham of Nagar 1840/1845 and Ra of Gilgit 1842/1845
- Mir RAHIM KHAN II, Tham of Nagar -/1839, died 1839.
- Mir JAAFAR ZAHID KHAN, Tham of Nagar 1839 or 1845/1891 (deposed and deported) and 1892/1904, died 1904.
- Mir GAURI THAM KHAN, Tham of Nagar in 1891, assasinated in 1891.
- Raja Mir OZOR KHAN [Uzar Khan], Usurper Tham of Nagar 1891/1892, he fled in 1892, was caught and was sent to Kashmir, died 1922.
- Raja Mir Sir SHAH SIKANDAR KHAN II K.B.E., C.I.E., Raja of Nagar 1905/1940, born 1871, C.I.E. [cr.1903], K.B.E. (Civil)[cr.1922], he was granted a Nine Gun Salute in 1932; married and had issue. He died 1940.
- HH Raja Mir SHAUKAT ALI KHAN, Raja of Nagar 1940/2003, born 1909, married and had issue. He died 22nd May 2003.
- HH Raja Mir BARKAT ALI KHAN (qv)
- Prince Basharat Ali
- Prince Haibat Ali
- Princess Shaukatara
- Princess Mussarat, married Prince Abbass of Hunza.
- HH Raja Mir BARKAT ALI KHAN, Raja of Nagar 2003/2011, married HH Rani Rahat (née Qureshi), and had issue, one son and two daughters. He died 2011 in a road accident, while travelling between Najaf and Basra in Iraq, buried in the Waadi-e-Islam cemetery in Najaf.
- Princess Farah Pooya
- Princess Saima
- Crown Prince Qasim Ali Khan, he succeeded as HH Raja Mir Kassim Ali Khan (qv)
- HH Raja Mir QASIM ALI KHAN (qv)
- Raja Yusuf Ali Khan, great grandson of Raja Uzur Khan, the regent of Nagar.