|AREA: 808 km2
||PRIVY PURSE: 32,000Rs
||ACCESSION: 1st January 1948
|POPULATION: 33,802 (1892)
|PRESENT RULER: Raja Bahadur SHAILENDRA NARAYAN SINGH Deo Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja Saheb of Hindol since 12th July 1991.
|born 15th November 1963 in Cuttack, educated at Rajkumar College, Raipur; married 23rd November 1987 in Lucknow, Rani Sukriti Prabha Singh Deo, daughter of Raja Dinesh Pratap Singh of Kasmanda, and has issue.
- Rajkumar Kapilendra Mohan Singh Deo
- Rajkumar Dinendra Pratap Singh Deo
1. "The Golden Book of India"; LETHBRIDGE, Roper, MacMillan & Co., 1893 , p.175
|PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: The State was founded in 1554 by two brothers named Lakshman Mahratta and Bharat Mahratta, scions of
the family of the Khemdi Raja in Ganjam. The Raja maintains a military force of 148 infantry and 2 guns (in 1893). Rulers were....
- Raja ACHYUTA SINGH Narendra, Raja of Hindol 1691/1701
- Raja BHAGABAT SINGH Narendra, Raja of Hindol 1701/1733
- Raja DAMODAR SINGH Narendra, Raja of Hindol 1733/1770
- Raja RADHAKANT SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1770/1781
- Raja RAM CHANDRA SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1781/1786
- Raja KISHAN CHANDRA Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1786/1829
- Raja HARIHAR SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1829/1841
- Raja ISHWAR SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, 23rd Raja of Hindol 1841/1874, married and had issue.
- Raja Pakir/Phokar/Fakir Singh Mardaraj Jagadev (qv)
- Raja Janardan Singh Mardaraj Jagadev (qv)
- Raja PAKIR SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, 24th Raja of Hindol 1874/1877, born 1853.
- Raja JANARDAN SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, 25th Raja of Hindol 1877/1906, born 1855, succeeded 18th July 1877 (#1), title of Raja formally recognized by the British Government in 1877.
- Raja Bahadur NABA KISHORE CHANDRA SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1906/1960, born 14th June 1891 (#2) and succeeded 10th February 1906, 22nd in descent from Uddhab Deb, M.R.A.S., F.R.S.A. (London), educated at Ravenshaw Collegiate School, Cuttack and Rajkumar College, Raipur (Diploma), married Rani Ratna Prabha Devi, and had issue. He died 1960.
- Raja Bahadur Pratap Chandra Singh Mardaraj Jagadev (qv)
- Rani Saubhagya Manjari Devi, married (as his second wife), Raja Krishna Chandra Singh Mandhata of Nayagarh, and had issue.
- Kumar Kumud Chandra Singh B.A., Pattayat Saheb of Hindol, born 23rd April 1924, he joined the Congress Party in 1957; M.L.A. (Orissa) 1957/1971 (three terms); Chairman, Estimates Committee; Chairman, Assurance Committee; married in Hindol, Rajkumar Rani Shilla Kumari, and had issue, one son and two daughters. He died 26th February 1991. (Hindol Palace, P.O. - Hindol, Dist. Dhenkanal, Orissa, India)
- Kumar Birendra Kumar Singh, married Kumar Rani Kadambari Devi, daughter of Shri Vyricherla Rajkumar Chandrachudamani Dev, Pattayat Saheb of Kurupam, and has issue.
- Kumari Snehanjali Singh Deo
- Kumar Karan Vir Singh Deo
- Kumari Anushirya Kumari, married Shri Devdas Ray of Bherampur, and has issue.
- Kumari Gayatri, married Shri Rakesh Ray, and has issue.
- Kumar Anjanya Ray, married Queen Ray, and has issue.
- Kumari Jyoti Prabha Singh, married Kunwar Devendra Pratap Narayan Singh of Padrauna (Chote Darbar), and has issue, two sons.
- Raja Bahadur PRATAP CHANDRA SINGH Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol 1960/1991, born 12th December 1918 in Cuttack, Orissa, educated in Raj Kumar College, Raipur (M.P.), trained as Honourary Magistrate by the Government of Orissa, married 1938 in Kathiwada, Rani Pushpendra Kumari, daughter of Rana Thakur Sahib Onkar Sinh of Kathiwada (M.P.), and had issue. He died 12th July 1991.
- Rajkumari Kamal Kumari
- Rajkumari Nalini Kumari
- Rajkumari Usha Kumari [Kumar Rani Usha Devi of Maheshpur], married Kumar Nirmal Singh (+) of Maheshpur, and has issue.
- Kumari Nandita Devi, married Rajkumar Subir Chandra Dhir Deb of Balarampur, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Purnendu Kumari B.Ed. (Lohardaga), born 4th January 1948, educated at Nazareth Convent School, Ooty and B.J.B. College, Bhubaneshwar, married 18th April 1971, Lal Narayan Nath Shah Deo of Jaganathpur, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Krishna Kumari
- Rajkumari Shakuntala Kumari M.A., born 15th November 1954 in Cuttack, educated at Nazareth College, Ooty, Rama Devi College, Bhuneshwar and Vani Vihar University, Bhuneshwar (M.A.); married 3rd May 1984 in Bhuneshwar, Shri Biroja Shankar Mishra of Patkura, and has issue, one daughter.
- Rajkumari Ila Kumari
- Raja Bahadur Shailendra Narayan Singh Deo Mardaraj Jagadev (qv)
- Raja Bahadur SHAILENDRA NARAYAN SINGH Deo Mardaraj Jagadev, Raja of Hindol (see above)
- Rajkumar Rani Saroj Manjari Devi, married Rajkumar Suresh Chandra Deo Jenamoni, Pattayat Sahib in Rairakhol, and had issue.
2. "Indian Annual Register" , N. N. Nitra, Calcutta 1945