|AREA: 4,502 sq.km. VILLAGES: 87
||REVENUE: 70,000 Rs (1891)
||ACCESSION: 7th April 1949
|STATE: Rajasthan POPULATION: 39,117 (1891)
||DYNASTY: Rathore (Mahecha clan, Barmera sept)
PRESENT HEAD: Rawat Shri TRIBHUWAN SINGH RATHORE, present and 21st Rawat Saheb of Barmer,
First Class Double Tazimi Sardar of Marwar, Mukhia or Head of Khanp Badmera, clan of the Jagirdars of Barmer, Chohtan, Satrow, Ramsar, Sihani and Bisala, who are the descendants of Rawat Lunkaji;
educated at D.A.V. School, Jaipur, IIPM, Jaipur and Darden School of Business (United States of America);
married 17 February at Jodhpur, Rani Devangna Singh, daughter of Thakur Maheshwar Singh Shekhawat of Mahensar and his wife Rani Aruna Kumari of Basti State in Uttar Pradesh. (Fort Barmer, Barmer, Rajasthan)
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Rathore rule was established in Juna village in Malani (presently Barmer Dist.) by Rawat Lunka and his brother Rawat Mandalak. They defeated Chauhan rulers of Juna and made it their capital. Thereafter, his descendant, Rawat Bhima, who was a great warrior, established the present city of Barmer and shifted his capital to Barmer from Juna. He build a small fort on top of the city which is also known as Barmer Garh. The estate is a hereditary bhumia Jagir (independent principality), being an alloidal vassal state of Marwar in Rajputana Agency, like Jasol, Phulsund, etc, and as against the other Nobles, Jagirdars and Chiefs of Jodhpur State who hold land on condition of regular services being rendered, the Rawat owes nominal allegiance and offers service only during emergencies.
- Rao SALKHA, Rao of Kher (1357-1374)
- Rawal Mallinath (qv)
- Rao Jaitmal, ruler of Gadh Siwana.
- Rao Veeram, ruler of Marwar (Jodhpur).
- Sohard Rathore of Mailana.
- Rawal MALLINATH, Ruler of Malani, ancestor of Mahecha clan, married and had issue, nine sons.
- Jagmal (qv)
- Jagpal (Pokarana clan of Rathores) (Jagirdars of Sakro, Loono, Khuhado, Chok, Gudhi, Jaliwado)
- Kumpaji (Kotariya clan of Rathores)
- Mehaji (Falsundiya clan of Rathores) (Jagirdars of Falsoond)
- Adwal (Kusamliya clan)
- Udeysi (Falsoondiya clan)
- Aradkamalji (Bahadmera clan) (Barmer, Chouhtan)
- Rawal JAGMAL, Rao of Malani, married and had issue, four sons.
- Rawal Mandalak, Rawals of Jasol, Dahejari, etc.
- Rawat Loonkaji (qv)
- Rawat Ridmalji (Khawadiya clan) (Girab)
- Rawat Bharmal
- Rawat LUNKA, Rawat of Juna, He attacked Juna, with the help of his elder brother Rawal Mandalak, which was under Chauhan ruler Mudha ji and made it his capital; his descendants are known as barmera rathores, and include the Jagirdars of Chohtan, Loonoo, Bhurtiya, Gangasariya, Chulee, Sarlee, Uttarlai, Kapurdi, Tarataro, Rohilee, Gudisar, Chokhala, Deegada, Garal, Paaliya, Ramderiya, Hathitala, Danta, Shivkar, Kudla, Aagor, Kavaas.
- Rawat SHEKHA, married and had issue.
- Rawat JAITA, married and had issue.
- Rawat RATOJI, he married and had issue.
- Rawat BHIMA, Rawat of Barmer, founder of present Barmer City, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat KALYANMAL, married and had issue.
- Rawat DUDAJI, married Rani (name unknown) and had issue.
- Rawat RAM SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat TEZPAL SINGH, married and had issue.
- Rawat BHARO JI, married and had issue, five sons.
- Rawat Lalchand (qv)
- Thakur Sahibji
- Thakur Kishanji
- Thakur Pabooji
- Thakur Kehmoji, married and had issue, two sons.
- Thakur Mukji, Thakur of Jalipa
- Thakur Devkaranji, Thakur of Jalipa
- Thakur Aadoji
- Thakur Bhabhut Singh, married and had issue, two sons.
- Thakur Peerdan Singh
- Thakur Bhakat Singh
- Thakur Deep Singh, married and had issue, four sons.
- Thakur Narpat Singh
- Thakur Chandan Singh
- Thakur Vijay Singh
- Thakur Gajendra Singh, married and has issue, two sons.
- Rawat Tribhuwan Singh, adopted by Rawat Ummed Singh (see below)
- Kunwar Abhimanyu Singh
- Thakur Ummed Singh
- Thakur Deraver singh
- Rawat LALCHAND, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat MAN SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat DAL SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat BHABHUT SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat PANNEY SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat BAKIDAS, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat JAWAHAR SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat HEERA SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat RATAN SINGH, married Rani Sayar Kanwar of Kalandri and had issue.
- Rawat UMMED SINGH, 20th Rawat of Barmer, during his reign jagirs were resumed; Ex-Member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Barmer (1962-67) and Sheo constitutency (1985-1990), he was considered as a political, cultural, philanthropical and religious icon in Barmer, Rajasthan; he married Rani Sampat Kanwar of Mahensar, and had adoptive issue.
- (A) Rawat Tribhuwan Singh (qv)
This page belongs to The Princely States