AREA: 4,502 km2
COMPENSATION: xx Rs
ACCESSION: 7th April 1949
STATE: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
DYNASTY: Rathore (Mahecha clan, Barmera subclan)
POPULATION: 39,117 (1891)
REVENUE: 70,000Rs (1891)
PRESENT RULER: Rawat Shri TRIBHUWAN SINGH RATHORE, present and 21st Rawat Saheb of Barmer, present and 21st Rawat Saheb of Barmer, First Class double-Tazim Sardar of Marwar Darbar, Head of clan Badmera (Khanp Mukhia), clan of the Jagirdars of Barmer, Chohtan, Satrow, Ramsar, Sihani and Bisala, who are the descendants of Rawat Lunkaji. (#1)educated at D.A.V. School, Jaipur, IIPM, Jaipur and Darden School of Business, United States of America; he was adopted by Rawat Ummed Singh of Barmer (Photo) , married 17 February at Jodhpur, Rani Devangna Singh, daughter of Thakur Maheshwar Singh Shekhawat of Mahensar and his wife Rani Aruna Kumari of Basti State in Uttar Pradesh, and has issue, one son. (Fort Barmer, Barmer, Rajasthan)
- Kunwar Dhruvraj Singh Rathore, born on 29th January 2014.
PREDECESSORS AND SHORT HISTORY: Rathore rule was established in Juna village in Malani (presently Barmer Dist.) by Rawat Lunka and his brother Rawat Mandalak. They defeated Chauhan rulers of Juna and made it their capital. Thereafter, his descendant, Rawat Bhima, who was a great warrior, established the present city of Barmer and shifted his capital to Barmer from Juna. He build a small fort on top of the city which is also known as Barmer Garh. The estate is a hereditary bhumia Jagir (independent principality), being an alloidal vassal state of Marwar (Jodhpur) in Rajputana Agency, like Jasol, Phulsund, etc, and as against the other Nobles, Jagirdars and Chiefs of Jodhpur State who hold land on condition of regular services being rendered, the Rawat owes nominal allegiance and offers service only during emergencies.
- Rao SALKHA, Rao of Kher (1357-1374)
- Rawal Mallinath, Ruler of Malani, ancestor of Mahecha clan, married and had issue, nine sons.
- Rawal Jagmal, Rao of Malani, married and had issue, four sons.
- Rawal Mandalak, Rawals of Jasol, Dahejari, etc.
- Rawat Loonkaji (continued below)
- Rawat Ridmalji, ancestor of Khawadiya clan of Girab.
- Rawat Bharmal
- Jagpal, ancestor of Pokarana clan of jagirdars of Sakro, Loono, Khuhado, Chok, Gudhi and Jaliwado.
- Kumpaji, ancestor of Kotariya clan of Rathores.
- Mehaji, ancestor of Falsundiya clan of jagirdars of Falsoond.
- Adwal, ancestor of Kusamliya clan.
- Udeysi, ancestor of Falsoondiya clan.
- Aradkamalji, ancestor of Bahadmera clan, of Barmer, Chouhtan.
- Rao Jaitmal, ruler of Gadh Siwana.
- Rao Veeram, ruler of Marwar (Jodhpur).
- Sohard Rathore of Mailana.
- Rawat LUNKA, Rawat of Juna, he attacked Juna with the help of his elder brother Rawal Mandalak, which was under Chauhan ruler Mudha ji and made it his capital; his descendants are known as Barmera Rathores, and include the Jagirdars of Chohtan, Loonoo, Bhurtiya, Gangasariya, Chulee, Sarlee, Uttarlai, Kapurdi, Tarataro, Rohilee, Gudisar, Chokhala, Deegada, Garal, Paaliya, Ramderiya, Hathitala, Danta, Shivkar, Kudla, Aagor, Kavaas.
- Rawat Shekha (qv)
Rawat SHEKHA, married and had issue.
- Rawat JAITA, married and had issue.
- Rawat RATOJI, married and had issue.
- Rawat BHIMA, 1st Rawat of Barmer, founder of present Barmer City, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Kalyanmal (qv)
- Rawat KALYANMAL, married and had issue.
- Rawat Dudaji (qv)
- Rawat DUDAJI, married Rani (name unknown) and had issue.
- Rawat Ram Singh (qv)
- Rawat RAM SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Tezpal Singh (qv)
- Rawat TEZPAL SINGH, married and had issue.
- Rawat Bharoji Singh (qv)
- Rawat BHARO JI, married and had issue, five sons.
- Rawat Lalchand (qv)
- Thakur Sahibji
- Thakur Kishanji
- Thakur Pabooji
- Thakur Kehmoji, married and had issue, two sons.
- Thakur Mukji, Thakur of Jalipa
- Thakur Devkaranji, Thakur of Jalipa
- Thakur Aadoji
- Thakur Bhabhut Singh, married and had issue, two sons.
- Thakur Peerdan Singh
- Thakur Bhakat Singh
- Thakur Deep Singh, married and had issue, four sons.
- Thakur Narpat Singh
- Thakur Chandan Singh
- Thakur Vijay Singh
- Thakur Gajendra Singh, married and has issue, two sons.
- Rawat Tribhuwan Singh, adopted by Rawat Ummed Singh (qv)
- Kunwar Abhimanyu Singh
- Thakur Ummed Singh
- Thakur Deraver singh
- Rawat LALCHAND, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Man Singh (qv)
- Rawat MAN SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Dal Singh (qv)
- Rawat DAL SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Bhabhut Singh (qv)
- Rawat BHABHUT SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Panney Singh. (qv)
- Rawat PANNEY SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Bakidas (qv)
- Rawat BAKIDAS, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Jawahar Singh (qv)
- Rawat JAWAHAR SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Heera Singh (qv)
- Rawat HEERA SINGH, married Rani (name unknown), and had issue.
- Rawat Ratan Singh (qv)
- Rawat RATAN SINGH, married Rani Sayar Kanwar of Kalandri and had issue.
- Rawat Ummed Singh (qv)
- Rawat UMMED SINGH, 20th Rawat of Barmer, during his reign jagirs were resumed; Ex-Member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from Barmer (1962-67) and Sheo constituency (1985-1990), he was considered as a political, cultural, philanthropical and religious icon in Barmer, Rajasthan; he married Rani Sampat Kanwar of Mahansar, and had adoptive issue.
- (A) Rawat Tribhuwan Singh (qv)
- Rawat TRIBHUWAN SINGHJI, Rawat of Barmer (see above)OTHER MEMBERS:
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids