SURYA VANSHA (SOLAR DYNASTY)
Lineage of Solar Dynasty....
- VAIVASVATA MANU [MANU] - 5th Ruler of Solar Dynasty. Author of most of the religious and customary laws.
- IKSHVAKU, 6th Ruler of Solar Dynasty, his descendants are also referred to as Ikshvakuvanshi.
- SUSANDHI, 16th Ruler of Solar Dynasty
- Dhruvasandhi (qv)
- BHARATA, 18th Ruler of Solar Dynasty, on his name the sub-continent is referred to as Bharat or Bharatvarsha.
- DILIPA KHATWANG [DILIP], one of the most righteous and chivalrous emperors, he married Sudakshina, and on the advice of Saint Vashistha, he served cow Nandini, the daughter of Kamdhenu, who blessed them with son. He performed as many as 100 yajnas or sacrificial rituals. Until he did so, only Indra, king of the Gods, had earned that distinction. In a bid to prevent Dilipa from equaling his record, Indra placed many hurdles in the path of the successful completion of the 100th sacrifice, but Raghu was able to prevail over the forces of Indra himself, and the sacrifice was completed successfully.
- BHAGIRATHA, 24th Ruler of Solar Dynasty, he is renowned for his perseverance to bring the Holy Ganges to earth.
- RAGHU, 25th Ruler of Solar Dynasty, his descendants are also referred to as Raghuvanshi.
- Maharaja DASHARATHA, 35th Ruler of Solar Dynasty, married 1stly Rani Kaushalya, Princess of Kosal (Madhya Pradesh), married 2ndly, Rani Kaikeyi, daughter of Ashwapati King of Kekeya (Pakistan), married 3rdly, Rani Sumitra, Princess of Magadh (Bihar).
- Maharaja RAM CHANDRA [Lord Rama] (qv) (by Kaushalya)
- Rajkumari Shanta (by 1st wife), she was given in adoption to Rompad, Raja of Angadesh (Bhagalpur in Bihar), and his wife Vershini, elder sister of Kaushalya, she married Sage Rishyasringa, son of Rishi Vibhandaka and Apsara (Celestial Paramour) Urvashi.
- Raja Lakshmana (by Sumitra), conquered a Vanga Kingdom Chandrakanta (Bengal), married Urmila, daughter of King Janaka of Mithila.
- Raja Bharata (by Kaikeyi), founder of Takshsila [Taxila], married Mandavi, daughter of Kushadhwaja, a brother of King Janaka of Mithila.
- Raja Shatrughna (by Sumitra), founder of Mathura, married Shrutakirti, daughter of Kushadbhojan, a brother of King Janaka of Mithila. She bore him two sons.
- Maharaja RAM CHANDRA, married Rajkumari Sita [Janaki, Maithili, Vaidehi, Rama], adopted daughter of Raja Janaka of Mithila (Videha in Nepal) and Queen Sunayna, and had issue, two twin sons.
- Maharaja LAV CHANDRA, ancestor of the Sisodia, Gehlot, Raghav, Jayas and Sikarwar Rajputs. (qv)
- Badgujar Rajputs (by 1st wife), found in village Bhondsi and Ghamdoj near Sohna Gurgaon; Bulandshahar near Agra, Tahsin near Behror. Ruled from 14th Century Rajor Fort south of Alwar, most of their territories were confiscated by Kachhawas.
- Jayas (Dahiyas?), now extinct. (by 1st wife)
- Sisodia Rajputs (by 2nd wife) of Mewar (Udaipur) Royal Family.
- Gehlots, now extinct. (by 2nd wife)
- Maharaja KUSH CHANDRA, ancestor of the Kachhawa Rajputs of Amber (Jaipur) Royal Family. (qv)
This page belongs to The Princely States.