Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Sampohl



The Lutheran church before WWII/Die evangelische Kirche vor WWII.


In 1326, Myroslaw de Conarin and his brothers obtained this village together with Gross Konarczyn/Konarzyny from the Teutonic Order
Grandmaster Werner von Orseln and founded the prominent Konarski lineage. This family owned the Sampohl/Sampolno estates until 1688.
The old parish church burned down in 1640 and was rebuilt in 1700. In 1817 it was demolished because of disrepair. The local Catholics
attended mass in Gross Konarczyn/Konarzyny and Prechlau/Prezechlewo. Until around 1900, the majority of the inhabitants were Kashbian.

Between the World Wars, Sampolno was a border toll station. The most important businesses were a distillery, a flour mill, a concrete
factory, and a beekeeping equipment store. In 1928, the manorial estate was subdivided and 49 German Catholic families from the
Rhineland were settled there. In 1934, a new Catholic church was constructed. The local Protestant church parish was created in 1846
and in 1856 a brick church was erected. After WWII this was abandoned, used as a warehouse for a long time, and finally demolished
in the 1980's. The old manor farm now serves as a teacher's home. From the book: Kashubia Homeland of the Baltic Slavs.



In 1326 erhielten Myroslaw de Conarin und seine Brüder dieses Dorf zusammen mit Gross Konarczyn/Konarzyny von der Deutsche Ritterorden.
Hochmeister Werner von Orseln und gründete die prominente Konarski Abstammung. Diese Familie besaß die Sampohl/Sampolno Güter bis 1688.
Die alte Pfarrbezirk-Kirche brannte 1640 ab und wurde in 1700 aufbauen wieder. In 1817 wurde es wegen Verfalles zerstört. Die ortlichen
Katholiken besuchte Masse in Gross Konarczyn/Konarzyny und Prechlau/Prezechlewo. Bis um 1900 wären die Mehrheit der Bewohner Kashubische.

Zwischen den Welt-Kriegen war Sampolno eine Rand Straßenbenutzungsgebühr Station. Die wichtigsten Unternehmen waren eine
Brennerei, eine Mehl-Mühle, ein Beton Fabrik, und ein Bienenhaltung-Ausrüstung-Laden. In 1928, das herrschaftliche Gut, wurde unterteilt und
49 deutsche katholische Familien von das Rheinland wurde dort abgerechnet. In 1934 wurde eine neue katholische Kirche konstruiert. Der
örtliche protestantische Kirche-Pfarrbezirk wurde in 1846 geschaffen und in 1856 wurde eine Backstein-Kirche errichtet. Nach WWII wurde dies
verlassen, gebraucht als ein Lagerhaus lange, und zerstörte schließlich in den 1980. Der alte Gut-Bauernhof dient jetzt als die Heimat eines
Lehrers. Vom Buch: Kashubia Heimat vom baltischen Slaws.



Sampohl Evangelical Church. Photo from the Schlochauer Heimat Stube 2007.

Sampohl Evangelische Kirche. Foto von die Schlochauer Heimat Stube 2007.



Inside Sampohl Evangelical Church. From the book: Das Schlochauer Land 1981.

Innen die Sampohl Evangelische Kirche. Vom Buch: Das Schlochauer Land 1981.



Christmas in Sampohl. Photo from Alfred Woth.

Weihnachtsfeier in Sampohl. Foto from Alfred Woth.