Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Prechlau


The Prechlau Marketplace around 1938. Contributed by Christine Bailey.

Der Prechlauer Markt um 1938. Foto von Christine Bailey.



Prechlau was originally called Przechylewo. It was first mentioned
in 1341 when the grandmaster of the Teutonic Order, Dietrich von
Altenburg, conveyed to Titzold von Roneburg 70 fields on which to
settle farmers. Since no field was reserved for the pastor, the
church probably existed already, as well as an independent parish.
Ulrich von Lichtenberg became the owner of "Prechlow," in 1350. He
joined the Teutonic Order as commandant at Schlochau in 1372 and
steward of Baldenburg in 1391. In 1433 the Bohemian Hussites
attacked and destroyed the village. In 1653 there was a school in
Przechlewo but no teacher. The present Catholic church, built in
1720, contains a grave-plate of the Pradzinski family, owners of
Prezechlewo and the neighboring village of Damerau/Dabrowka in
Renaissance times. In 1737 a tornado destroyed the village. Later,
a cement factory, a brickyard, a clockmaker and a printer all
operated here. The transfer of the manorial estate into German
ownership accelerated the Germanization process. Already by 1900,
Prechlau was considered a purely German village. In 1897 the local
Protestants erected their own church, but it had to be demolished
already in 1907 because of a fungus induced decay of its walls.
Przechlewo was seized by the Red Army on February 28th 1945, and
those residents who had not already fled were murdered. The Russians
transported a tremendous amount of war booty out of the village,
including machinery, furniture and anything else of value.
From the book: Kashubia home of the Baltic Slavs.

Prechlau wurde Przechylewo ursprünglich gerufen. Es wurde zuerst in
1341 erwähnt, als die Hochmeister der Deutscher Ritterorden,
Dietrich von Altenburg, zu Titzold von Roneburg 70 Felder
beförderten, auf dem Bauern zu entscheiden. Weil kein Feld für den
Pfarrer reserviert wurde, existierte die Kirche wahrscheinlich
schon, sowie ein unabhängiger Pfarrbezirk. Ulrich von Lichtenberg
wurde der Besitzer von " Prechlow, " in 1350. Er verband der
Deutscher Ritterorden wie Kommandant bei Schlochau in 1372 und
Steward von Baldenburg in 1391. in 1433 befiel der böhmische
Hussites und zerstörte das Dorf. In 1653 gab es eine Schule in
Przechlewo, aber keinem Lehrer. Die gegenwärtige katholische Kirche,
der 1720 eingebaut werden, enthält einen ernst-Teller der Pradzinski
Familie, Besitzer von Prezechlewo und dem benachbarten Dorf von
Damerau/Dabrowka in Renaissance-Zeiten. in 1737 zerstörte ein Tornado
das Dorf. Später, eine Zement-Fabrik, ein brickyard, ein clockmaker
und ein Drucker alle operierte hier. Die Übertragung des
herrschaftlichen Gutes in deutschen Besitz beschleunigte den
Eindeutschung-Prozeß. Prechlau wurde schon durch 1900 ein rein
deutsches Dorf betrachtet. In 1897 errichteten die örtlichen
Protestanten ihre eigene Kirche, aber es mußte schon in 1907 wegen
eines Fungus veranlaßt zerstört werden, Verfall davon sind Mauern.
Przechlewo wurde an Februar 28 1945 von der Roten Armee gepackt, und
jene Bewohner, die nicht schon geflohen waren, wurden ermordet. Die
Russen transportierten eine gewaltige Menge von Krieg-Beute aus dem
Dorf, einschließlich Maschinerie, Möbel und sonst noch etwas von
Wert. Von das Buch: Kashbia - Homeland of the Baltic Slavs.



The blacksmith shop in Prechlau

Die Schmiede in Prechlau



The blacksmith Albert Splett. Doris does not know anything about him
because she was afraid of him because of his work and the awful
smell of the hot hoofs when the horses got new shoes.

Der Schmied Albert Splett. Doris weiß nichts über ihn weil sie
Angst vor ihm wegen seiner Arbeit hatte, und das schrecklich Geruch
von das heiß latscht, als die Pferde neue Schuhe bekamen.



The swimming facility

Die Schwimmbad









The war memorial had a stone on top. Later it was replaced with an
eagle and helmet. This was along the road to Floetenstein.

Das Krieg-Denkmal hatte einen Stein auf Spitze. Später wurde es mit
einem Adler und einem Helm ersetzt. Dies war an die Strasse nach Floetenstein.



The evangelical church and the school

Die evangelische Kirche und die Schule



Church detail

Kirche Detail



This is the evangelical pastor in Prechlau Erwin Zarbock. He had to
go to war one year later and went missing at that time. His family
never heard anything from or about him.

Dies ist der evangelische Pfarrer in Prechlau Erwin Zarbock. Er
hatte zu gehen Sie, um ein Jahr später zu bekriegen, und ging
verpassen zu dieser Zeit. Seine Familie nie hörte etwas von oder
über ihn.



The Dolgen Lake. Postcard of Hermann-Wolfgang Kremer.

Am Dolgensee. Postkarte von Hermann-Wolfgang Kremer.



Harvest 1936. Farmer Felix Spor

Ernte 1936. Bauer Felix Spor



The postcard commemorates the unveiling of the WWI monument, May 24th, 1925.




Presumably the bridge over the Konzug Lake to the south.

Brücke über den Konzugsee (?) Sud von Prechlau.



Prechlau page 2/Seite 2.