Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Pollnitz


Pollnitz was first mentioned in 1344 when the Teutonic Order took
over the allodial estates of the local nobility. In 1352 the local
commandant Ludolf Hake bequeathed to Peter Dobrowoy and his younger
brother Maczey two fields in addition to the eight they had
inherited from their father. Only in 1414 did Pollnitz become the
property of the Order as a tax paying village. During the
Reformation, Latalski, the governor of Czluchow/Schlochau erected a
Protestant church here, which the Catholics took over in 1617. In
the 1600's Polnica had three mills and three inns, and most of
the residents were Catholic Kashubes. They were primarily small
landowners who made a living as woodcutters or estate employees.
In the Swedish-Polish War of 1656-1660, Polnica was annihilated. The
oldest part of the present Catholic church is the wooden tower built
in the 1600's, the second highest wooden structure in Poland. The
half-timbered main structure was built around 1790. Around 1840,
some of the established farmers sold their old farmsteads to
craftsmen, presumably from Western Germany. In 1912 the Protestants,
who comprised about 30% of the local residents at that time, built
their own church, which served only temporarily as an auxiliary
church. From the Book: Kashubia, Homeland of the Baltic Slavs.

The Catholic church in Pollnitz.

Die Katholische Kirche in Pollnitz.
Pollnitz wurde zuerst in 1344 erwähnt, als die Deutsched Ritter
Orden die allodial-Güter des örtlichen Adels übernahm. In 1352
vermachte der örtliche Kommandant Ludolf Hake zu Peter Dobrowoy und
seinem jüngeren Bruder Maczey zwei Felder zusätzlich zur Acht, die
sie von ihrem Vater geerbt hatten. Nur in 1414 machte, Pollnitz
werden die Eigenschaft der Orden lohnendes Dorf als eine Steuer.
Während der Reformation, Latalski, der Gouverneur von
Czluchow/Schlochau errichtete hier, den die Katholiken in 1617
übernahmen, eine protestantische Kirche. In den 1600 Polnica hatten
drei Mühlen und drei Gasthäuser, und die meisten der Bewohner waren
katholische Kashubei. Sie waren hauptsächlich kleine Grundbesitzer,
die einen Lebensunterhalt als Holzfäller oder Gut-Angestellte
verdienten. Auf dem Schwedisch-Polnisch War von 1656-1660 wurde
Polnica vernichtet. Der älteste Teil der gegenwärtigen katholischen
Kirche ist der hölzerne Turm, dem die 1600, die zweite höchste
hölzerne Struktur in Polen, eingebaut werden. Die Fachwerk Haupt
Struktur wurde um 1790 gebaut. Einige der feststehenden Bauern
verkauften ihre alten Bauernhöfe an Handwerker, vermutlich von West
Deutschland, um 1840. In 1912 bauten die Protestanten, die 30% der
örtlichen Bewohner ungefähr zu dieser Zeit umfaßten, ihre eigene
Kirche, die erst vorübergehend als eine Hilfs Kirche diente. Von das
Buch: Kashubia, Heimat die Baltischen Slaws.



The memorial, school, and guesthouse Müller. Schlochau Heimat Stube, Northeim.

Denkmal, Schule und Gasthaus Müller. Schlochau Heimat Stube, Northeim.



The train station in 1936. Photos and postcards from Günter Sieling.

Die Bahnhof in 1936. Bildern und Ansichtkarten von Günter Sieling.



The grave of Alwine Peetz 1936.

Die Grab von Alwine Peetz 1936.



The grave of Alwine Peetz 1936.

Die Grab von Alwine Peetz 1936.



The Catholic church, Mainstreet, and store of Martin Masloff. 1930

Katholische Kirche, Dorfstrasse, und Ladengeschäft von Martin Masloff. 1930



Catholic church, Trainstation, Street view, Store and house of Otto Nimtz. 1914

Katholische Kirche, Bahnhof, Strassenpartie, Geschäftshaus von Otto Nimtz. 1914



Greetings from Pollnitz, West Prussia with 4 photos: The bakery and
flour mill of Rudolf Dubberke, School, Mainstreet, Evangelical church.

Gruß aus Pollnitz, Westpreußen mit 4 Bildern: Bäckerei und
Mehlhandlung Rudolf Dubberke, Schule, Dorfstrasse, Evangelische Kirche.



Mainstreet

Dorfstrasse




The church and WWI memorial. Photos from the Schlochauer Heimat Stube in Northeim, Germany.

Die Kirche und das WWI Denkmal. Bildern aus die Schlochauer Heimat Stube in Northeim, Deutschland.




An interior view of the Catholic Church

Innen Ansicht Katholische Kirche




Pollnitz train station

Pollnitz Bahnhof