Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Mossin


"In Mossin (Polish:Mosiny) Kreis Schlochau there was, up to the expulsion in the year 1945, German Families with the following surnames, which have been arranged here alphabetically. The address Mossin, County Schlochau is important because there is another Mossin in Neustettin in Pomerania in the neighboring county.

Family Names in Mossin, Kreis Schlochau until 1945/46:
Altvater, Annasch, Arndt, Ballerman, Bethgenhagen, Borowitz, Boy, Brand, Dähn, Diehl, Dietrich, Dreger, Fäthke, Fedke, Fedtke, Feierabend, Flatau, Freyer, Frosina, Gabriel, Galeski, Gehrt, Gerson, Giese, Golka, Graeber, Günther, Hackert, Hammer, Hass, Heiser, Hermann, Hinz, Hoffmann, Holz, Jung, Junke, Kanitz, Klebow, Klepischewski, Klingbeil, Knaak, Kosanke, Krämer, Krause, Kröhnke, Kulischewski, Ladwig, Lahr, Lambrecht, Lemke, Leiss, Löper, Lüdtke, Mathews, Mühlenbeck, Musczyinski, Netzel, Nitz, Neubauer, Pankonin, Pattke, Petersen, Podewill, Pöplau, Raddatz, Radke, Radtke, Ratschinski, von Rekowski, Rudnik, Sack, Schanetzki, Scherf, Schewe, Schmidt, Schmolke, Schüchke, Schulte, Schwanke, Semrau, Seringhaus, Splett, Stutzke, Stuwe, Suckow, Tabbat, Theiß, Thomas, Utke, Utz, Vergin, Vogt, Wehry, Weselowski, Wessollek, Wiese, Will, Wolf, Wrobbel, Zaske, (von ?) Zazimowski, Ziebell, Ziehlke, Zybarth, Zöpke, Zoppot, Zuck, Zülsdorf.

Before 1940 in Mossin resident families with following names: Abraham, Adam, Adomeit, Gappa, Klomski (later in Kramsk), Kolescha, Labenz, Krause, Tack, Wendtland, Wehner (later in Kramsk).

In Platendienst, part of the community Mossin: Gabriel, Witte. Other surnames from Platendienst are unfortunately no longer in memory. The names had to would be supplemented from other sources.

Heribert Wehry


"In Mossin, polnisch Mosiny, Kreis Schlochau gab es bis zu der Heimatvertreibung im Jahr 1945 folgende deutsche Familien mit folgenden Familiennamen, die hier alphabetisch geordnet worden sind. Die Ortsangabe Mossin, Kreis Schlochau ist deshalb wichtig, weil es ein anderes Mossin im Kreis Neustettin in Pommern gibt.

Familiennamen in Mossin, Kreis Schlochau bis 1945/46:
Altvater, Annasch, Arndt, Ballermann, Bethgenhagen, Borowitz, Boy, Brand, Dähn, Diehl, Dietrich, Dreger, Fäthke, Fedke, Fedtke, Feierabend, Flatau, Freyer, Frosina, Gabriel, Galeski, Gehrt, Gerson, Giese, Golka, Graeber, Günther, Hackert, Hammer, Hass, Heiser, Hermann, Hinz, Hoffmann, Holz, Jung, Junke, Kanitz, Klebow, Klepischewski, Klingbeil, Knaak, Kosanke, Krämer, Krause, Kröhnke, Kulischewski, Ladwig, Lahr, Lambrecht, Lemke, Leiss, Löper, Lüdtke, Mathews, Mühlenbeck, Musczyinski, Netzel, Nitz, Neubauer, Pankonin, Pattke, Petersen, Podewill, Pöplau, Raddatz, Radke, Radtke, Ratschinski, von Rekowski, Rudnik, Sack, Schanetzki, Scherf, Schewe, Schmidt, Schmolke, Schüchke, Schulte, Schwanke, Semrau, Seringhaus, Splett, Stutzke, Stuwe, Suckow, Tabbat, Theiß, Thomas, Utke, Utz, Vergin, Vogt, Wehry, Weselowski, Wessollek, Wiese, Will, Wolf, Wrobbel, Zaske, (von ?) Zazimowski, Ziebell, Ziehlke, Zybarth, Zöpke, Zoppot, Zuck, Zülsdorf.

Vor 1940 in Mossin wohnhafte Familien mit folgenden Namen: Abraham, Adam, Adomeit, Gappa, Klomski (später in Kramsk), Kolescha, Labenz, Krause, Tack, Wendtland, Wehner (später in Kramsk).

Ortsteil Platendienst von der Gemeinde Mossin: Gabriel, Witte. Andere Familiennamen aus Platendienst sind leider nicht mehr in der Erinnerung. Die Namen müssten aus anderen Quellen ergänzt werden."

Heribert Wehry


Steam Mill/Dampfmühle Erich Boy


The mill with area for coal of the Erich Boy senior. He built in 1912, the Boy steam-flour-mill. Then they installed a crude oil
motor instead of the coal oven. After in the oil motor, quiet electric motors were installed. In year 1925, the coal-area was rebuilt
into the bakery. In the year 1939, the bakery was modernized and a floor space was increased. In the bakery, three mess table stoves were
with 13 shelves. The three stoves were driven in from Schlochau from another bakery after dismantling in Schlochau and in reconstructed
in Mossin. Above was a 7 room apartment. In the year 1945, the Soviet-army ran the business. The Polish state had the mill and the
bakery-ovens dismantled after 1950. The bakery no longer exists. The Poles partly rebuilt the bakery to be an apartment. The building
wound of the torn off mill, is recognizable in the front. An electric workshop had been furnished in the former bakery. Photo: Familie Boy

Die Mühle mit Raum für Kohle des Erich Boy sen. wurde 1912 gebaut. Dann wurde ein Rohölmotor statt der Kohlefeuerung eingebaut, danach
wurde der Rohölmotor still gelegt und elektrische Stromleitungen mit Elektromotoren eingebaut. In Jahr 1925 wurde der Kohleraum zur
Bäckerei umgebaut. Im Jahr 1939 wurde die Bäckerei modernisiert und ein Stockwerk aufgestockt. In der Bäckerei waren drei Backherde mit
13 Blechen. Die drei Backherde werden in Schlochau von einer anderen Bäckerei nach Demontage in Mossin und Wiedereinbau in Schlochau
betrieben. Oben im Stockwerk war ein 7 Raum Wohnung. Im Jahr 1945 betrieb die Sowjetarmee das Unternehmen. Nach 1950 hat der polnische
Staat die Mühle und die Bäckereiöfen demontieren lassen. Die Bäckerei existiert nicht mehr. Polen bauten die Bäckerei teils zur
Wohnung um. Die Gebäude-Wunde der abgerissenen Mühle ist vorne zu erkennen. In der ehemaligen Backstube war eine Elektrowerkstatt
eingerichtet worden. Bild: Familie Boy



The Steam powered flour mill. Photo: Family Boy

Dampfmühle. Bild: Familie Boy



Delivery truck and Erich Boy Jr. Photo: Family Boy

Lieferwagen und Erich Boy junior. Bild: Familie Boy



Baking the bread. Erich Boy junior at the oven with glasses. Photo: Family Boy


Das Backen des Brotes in der Backstube. Erich Boy junior mit Brille beim Backofen mit Brotschieber und Brot. Bild: Familie Boy



The Erich Boy Bakery and Mill. Photo: Family Boy

Die Bäckerei und Dampfmühle Erich Boy. Bild: Familie Boy



Erich Boy labels - Wheat Flour and Rye Bran.

Die Aufschriften der Sackanhänger der Mühle Erich Boy.



Son of the Erich Boy Family, church in the background. Photo: Family Boy.

Sohn von Familie Erich Boy, Kirche im Hintergrund. Bild: Familie Boy



Map of Mossin showing the locations of the Boy Mill and the Dairy (Molk.).

Karte von Mossin welche die Lage der Mühle Boy und der Molkerei zeigt.



The Dairy/Die Molkerei



The south side of the dairy.

Die Molkerei von Süden gesehen.



The dairy from north-east seen from the field. Right beside it, lies the Dähn farm, his buildings have become raggedy.
Photo: Heribert Wehry

Die Molkerei aus Nordost vom Feld her gesehen. Rechts neben ihr liegt der Bauernhof Dähn, dessen Gebäude abgerissen worden sind.
Bild: Heribert Wehry



The front view of the dairy, south side.

Dieses Bild von der Molkerei zeigt die Molkerei auch von Süden.



Restaurant Mühlenbeck



The restaurant Mühlenbeck, with the young women celebrating a
harvest-party with a harvest-dance and a harvest-crown.
Photo: Family Boy

Im Restaurant Mühlenbeck wurde ein Erntefest gefeiert. Die jungen
Frauen tanzten bei dem Erntefest einen Tanz mit Erntekrone.
Bild: Familie Boy



Saloon and restaurant Emil Mühlenbeck.

Schankwirtschaft und Restaurant Emil Mühlenbeck.



The Mühlenbeck restaurant. All photos are pre-1945. All photos from Heribert Wehry 2003.

Das Restaurant Mühlenbeck. Alle Bilder sind von vor 1945. Fotos von Heribert Wehry 2003 zugesandt.



The orchestra of the high school Preußisch Friedland before the restaurant Mühlenbeck in Mossin. Photo: Familie Boy

Der Orchester des Gymnasium Preußisch Friedland vor dem Restaurant Mühlenbeck in Mossin. Bild: Familie Boy



The Fire Department/Die Feuerwehr


The German team of the "Voluntary Fire Brigade," of Mossin. Photo: Christa Wilde

Die deutsche Mannschaft der "Freiwilligen Feuerwehr" von Mossin. Bild: Christa Wilde



The Mossin school on the right, and left, the German fire brigade-tower with fire-bell in the tower. It was the tower for drying the fire
hoses after they were used. Behind the tower, the house lay for the fire brigade-vehicle. Right, the grade school of Mossin with three
linden trees. Behind lay the village smithy. The Poles tore the hoses off the tower in the 1950s and they rotted. There, they built
the new Polish fire brigade-tower with firehouse. Photo from old postcard.

Die Schule Mossin rechts, und links der deutsche Feuerwehrturm mit Feuerglocke im Turm. Es war der Turm zum Trocknen der
Feuerwehrschläuche nach einem Feuerwehreinsatz. Hinter dem Turm lag das Haus für das Feuerwehrfahrzeug mit Feuerspritze. Rechts lag die
Volksschule Mossin mit den drei Lindenbäumen. Hinten lag die Dorfschmiede. Die Polen rissen den Turm in den 1950er Jahren ab und
ihnen verfaulten die Schläuche. Da bauten sie den neuen polnischen Feuerwehrturm mit Feuer-Spritzenhaus. Bild aus alter Postkarte.



Mossin page 2/Seite 2.