Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Förstenau


The Förstenau Catholic Church around 1916. Contributed by Christine Bailey.

Die katholische Kirche von Förstenau um 1916. Foto von Christine Bailey.



The Förstenau School House around 1916. Contributed by Christine Bailey.

Das Förstenauer Schulhaus um 1916. Foto von Christine Bailey.



The Förstenau Cooperative Distillery around 1916. Contributed by Christine Bailey.

Die Genossenschaftsbrennerei von Förstenau um 1916. Foto von Christine Bailey.



The Sievert Home in Förstenau 1926. Contributed by Eric Werner.

Das Sievert Heim in Förstenau 1926. Foto von Eric Werner.



The location of the windmill in Förstenau.

Die Lage der Windmühle in Förstenau.



The windmill in Förstenau.

Die Windmühle in Förstenau.



Förstenau was laid out in 1376 and a parish was created in the same
year. Since the mid-1400's it was a Polish royal estate. During the
Counter-Reformation, Gwiezdin/Förstenau was the most important
stronghold of the Jesuits from Konitz/Chojnice. At that time, the
Protestants had to pay five times as much for a burial in the local
cemetery than did the Catholics. The present wooden church was built
in the years 1668-1690 with an endowment from the Czluchow/Schlochau
governor, Mikolaj Radziwill. From the book: Kashubia Homeland of the Baltic Slavs.



Förstenau wurde in 1376 angelegt, und einem Pfarrbezirk wurde im
gleichen Jahr geschaffen. Seit das Mittel-1400 es war ein polnisches
königliches Gut. Während der Gegenreformation war Gwiezdin/Förstenau
die wichtigste Hochburg von den Jesuiten von Konitz/Chojnice. Zu
dieser Zeit mußten die Protestanten fünf Male als viel für ein
Begräbnis im örtlichen Friedhof zahlen als die Katholiken gemacht
hat. Die gegenwärtige hölzerne Kirche wurde in den Jahren 1668-1690
mit einer Dotierung vom Czluchow/Schlochau Gouverneur, Mikolaj
Radziwill, gebaut. Von das Buch: Kashubia Homeland of the Baltic Slavs.



Photos from the book/Fotos vom Buch: Das Schlochauer Land 1981.
The church exterior

Die Kirche



The church interior

Die Kirche Innen Ansicht



The altar around 1980

Die Altar um 1980



Fieldwork by farmer Alois Semrau. In the background, the windmill

Feldarbeit bei Bauer Alois Semrau, im Hintergrund die Windmühle



Guesthouse Paul Flatau

Gastwirtschaft Paul Flatau



The distillery at the Kramsker Lake

Brennerei am Kramsker See



Guesthouse Emil Hintz

Gastwirtschaft Emil Hintz



The Catholic church





The lake bridge, the cooperative distillery and the guesthouse of Flatau.





Class in 1930. Teacher Rexin on the left.

Klasse in 1930. Lehrer Rexin am links.



First Communion or confirmation Sept. 17th, 1944.

Zuerst Gemeinschaft oder Bestätigung der 17. Sept. 1944.