Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Bischofswalde


Bischofswalde was first mentioned in 1342 as, "Gembarzewo," when it
belonged to the Archbishop of Gniezno (Gnesen). In 1357 he conveyed
it to the Teutonic Order in exchange for Damerau in Flatow county. A
church already existed in 1409 when the Grandmaster Ulrich von
Jungingen endowed it with money for a bell. During the Swedish-
Polish War of 1655-1660, the village and church were completely
destroyed. A new half timbered church was built in the 1700's. A
schoolhouse was built in 1777 and later used as a private home until
1945.When a brick and stone Evangelical church was erected in 1885,
the older church was called the, "Kashubian," church. After WWII the
Catholics took over the Evangelical church and the, "Kashubian,"
church was demolished in 1990. From the book: Kashubia, Home of the
Baltic Slavs. The Catholic church in Bischofswalde.

Die Katholische Kirche in Bischofswalde.
Bischofswalde wurde zuerst in 1342 als erwähnt, "Gembarzewo," als
es zum Erzbischof von Gniezno gehörte, (Gnesen). In 1357 beförderte
er es zur Deutsche Ritterorden in Tausch für Damerau in Flatow
Grafschaft. Eine Kirche existierte schon in 1409, als der
Hochmeister Ulrich von Jungingen es mit Geld für eine Glocke
ausstattete. Während des Schwedisch-Polnisches War von 1655-1660
waren das Dorf und die Kirche vollkommen zerstört. Eine neue Seite
aus Holz gebaute Kirche wurde in den 1700 gebaut. Eine Schule wurde
in 1777 gebaut und wurde später als eine private Heimat bis
1945.When ein Backstein und ein Stein benutzt, die Evangelische
Kirche in 1885 errichtet wurde, die ältere Kirche wurde gerufen
das, "Kashubian," Kirche. Nach WWII übernahmen die Katholiken die
Evangelische Kirche und das, "Kashubian," Kirche wurde in 1990
zerstört. Von das Buch: Kashubia, Heimat die Baltische Slaws.



The Catholic church is marked in green, the Evangelical in red and the cemetery in yellow.

Die katholische Kirche ist grün, die evangelische Kirche is rot und den Friedhof in gelb.



Store Manke, Mainstreet, view of the pond, the WWI memorial





The Evangelical Church

Die evangelische Kirche



The Schewe Family and friends out for a drive.

Die Schewe Familie und Frenden am Ausfuhr.



May Day 1934 in Bischofswalde

Mai Tag 1934 in Bischofswalde.



Women of Bischofswalde at the Harvest Festival

Frauen aus Bischofswalde bei Erntedankfest



Store of Emil Donner, mainstreet, the war memorial. Photo SHS, Northeim.





Three views of the war memorial. Photos from the Schlochauer Heimat Stube, Northeim.

Drei Ansichten von das Kreig Denkmal. Fotos von die Schlochauer Heimat Stube, Northeim.











Photo from the site http://www.w.linux.media.pl/czluchow/page6.html.
Taken by E. Lukas and R. Azwan. The site says that the plaque is
now in the Regional Office for the Protection of Monuments in Slupsk/Stolp.

Foto von Seite: http://www.w.linux.media.pl/czluchow/page6.html.
Gemacht bei E. Lukas und R. Azwan. Die Seite sagt dass die Tablette
ist jetzt in Slupsk/Stolp.



The obituary card for August Hoffmann. Photo von Heinz Hammacher.

Die Totenzettel für August Hoffmann. Foto von Heinz Hammacher.