Portland Year Book 1905
- Superintendent Registrar (Births, Deaths and Marriages):
- Mr H. A. Huxtable, Bank Chambers, St. Thomas Street, Weymouth
- Deputy Superintendent: Mr Harold A. G. Stevens "Brooklyn", Melcombe Regis.
- Births and Deaths for Portland:
- Mr W Pearce, Easton
- Registrar for Marriages:
- Mr C Way, 10 Spring Gardens, Portland
Note: The division extends from Evershot in the north to Portland in the south, and from Puncknowle the west, to Tolpuddle on the east. Meetings at Weymouth and Dorchester as occasion requires. There are 33 income tax parishes and 90 land tax parishes.
- Inland Revenue Office
- H. A. Harris, Customs House Quay, Weymouth
- Income Tax Commissioners
- Capt. R. Dymond, Capt. E. W. Williams, Mr G. W. Floyer, Mr W. A. Bankes, Capt. Pretor, Capt. A. E. Mansel, Mr A Pope, Mr E. B. Thresher, Mr T. Lynes, Mr T. J. Templeman
- Officials: Mr H. A. Huxtable (clerk), Mr E. J. Stevens (assistant clerk).
- Surveyor of Taxes: Mr S. W. Lewis (Dorchester)
- Customs Establishment: Quay, Weymouth:
- Collector and surveyor: Mr W. D. Thompson
- Clerks (second class): P Lyons ; W. Coates
- Assistant: E. R. Dodd, P.0. J. H. Le Huray C. E. Dove, W.J. Daniels.
- Boatmen: E. R. Norman, J. Hurford, P. Crimmins G. Tizard, C. Gardner, E. Barter, J. F. Kelly
- Boatman in charge: E. H. Gowan
^ back to top ^