Descendants of James McPhee
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES2 MCPHEE (DUNCAN1) was born 1788, and
died February 10, 1860 in Church Point Cemetery Sheet Harbour.
He married SUSAN BALCOM. SUSAN born 1788, and died June 15, 1856 BUR. in Church Point Cemetery Sheet Harbour.
Child of JAMES MCPHEE and SUSAN BALCOM is:
2. i. DUNCAN3 MCPHEE.
Generation No. 2
2. DUNCAN3 MCPHEE (JAMES2, DUNCAN1)
M(1) ELIZABETH ANN O'BRYAN July 20, 1831 in St peters, Dartmouth, Rev Dumphy, daughter of PATRICK O'BRYAN and MARY TUCKER.
M.(2) ELIZABETH ANN WATT October 04, 1849 in St Andrews Halifax Rev.JOhn Martin. She was born July 08, 1830 in Sheet Harbour.
Children of DUNCAN MCPHEE and ELIZABETH O'BRYAN are:
i. HENRY4 O'BRYAN, b. September 18, 1832, Ship Harbour.
ii. MARY ELEANOR MCPHEE, b. 1833.
3. iii. SARAH CATHERINE MCPHEE, b. December 1840.
Children of DUNCAN MCPHEE and ELIZABETH WATT are:
4. iv. WILLIAM4 MCPHEE, b. October 01, 1851.
5. v. ANDREW MCPHEE, b. April 09, 1853, Sheet Harbour.
Generation No. 3
3. SARAH CATHERINE4 MCPHEE (DUNCAN3, JAMES2, DUNCAN1)
was born December 1840.
She married (1) MOSES FARELL December 15, 1868 in Hermen Hill Cottage Sheet Har. Rev James Waddell.
She married (2) JOHN ANGUS MACDONALD November 29, 1879 in Upper Coledonia, Rev.R.Cummings.
Child of SARAH MCPHEE and JOHN MACDONALD is:
i. ANDREW5 MCPHEE, b. 1861; m. ELIZABETH PENNIE.
4. WILLIAM4 MCPHEE (DUNCAN3, JAMES2, DUNCAN1)
was born October 01, 1851.
He married JANE MATILDA MACLEOD July 25, 1883 in Port Dufferin, daughter of BENJAMIN MACLEOD and CATHERINE BUSHEN. She was born January 19, 1860 in Liverpool N.S. Queens Co..
Notes for JANE MATILDA MACLEOD:
Jane Matilda McLeod was born in Queens Co NS and later moved to Sheet Harbour NS
Where she met her mate William McPhee
Children of WILLIAM MCPHEE and JANE MACLEOD are:
i. WILLIAM J.5 MCPHEE, b. 1882, Sheet Harbour; m. FLORENCE GRAY,
December 23, 1908, Sambro N.S.; b. 1889, Sambro.
ii. CATHERINE MCPHEE, b. November 01, 1887, Sheet Harbour; m. ELMORE
MCLELLAN, March 1908, Halifax N.S..
iii. ERVIN MCPHEE, b. 1893.
iv. ALMA MCPHEE, b. June 02, 1893.
6. v. MARY JANE MCPHEE, b. March 24, 1896.
5. ANDREW4 MCPHEE (DUNCAN3, JAMES2, DUNCAN1) was born April 09, 1853 in Sheet Harbour. He married HARRIET DOUDE January 24, 1891 in Issac's Harbour, daughter of JOHN DRUCE and CECILA ???.
Children of ANDREW MCPHEE and HARRIET DOUDE are:
i. MURDOCH5 MCPHEE, b. October 05, 1891.
ii. CASSIE MCPHEE, b. March 27, 1893.
iii. JOHN MCPHEE, b. May 24, 1895.
iv. CHARLES MCPHEE, b. July 18, 1897.
Generation No. 4
6. MARY JANE5 MCPHEE (WILLIAM4, DUNCAN3, JAMES2, DUNCAN1) was born March 24, 1896. She married HARRY PARKER SHANKS April 22, 1914 in Halifax N.S., son of EDWARD SHANKS and CATHERINE FLEMMING.
Children of MARY MCPHEE and HARRY SHANKS are:
i. GORDON6 SHANKS, m. VIVIAN ???. Living
ii. GERTRUDE SHANKS, m. (1) ???; m. (2) ??? ALWALT.
iii. FLORENCE PATRICIA SHANKS, B. January 27, 1915, Halifax N.S.
D May 17, 1985, Bur Necropolis Cem. Toronto Ont; Cancer, Spine/ Lung Age 70 yrs.
(1) WILLIAM JOHN JAYNE, September 20, 1937, Halifax N.S.; B. December 01,
1905, Monmouthshire Wales; d. March 11 1959, Halifax N.S. Age 54 yrs.
(2) JOSEPH PATRICK O'BRIEN, July 20, 1953, Halifax NS B. August 11, 1915,
Liverpool England; D. March 09, 1970, Toronto Ontario. Coronary heart failure
iv. PEARL, m. PAT CONNOLLY. Both Deceased
v. BERTON SHANKS, m. FLORENCE WEATHERBY. Living Berton Deceased
3. Ch: of FLORENCE SHANKS & WILLIAM JOHN JAYNES
i MARGUERITE SHANKS B. Oct 1 1939 Halifax NS D. Aug 2 1941 TB
Age 1 yr 10
months. Bur. Mount Olivet NS
ii MARY HELEN PATRICIA JAYNES B.May 16 1941 Halifax NS Living
WILLIAM JAMES WATSON Nov 15 1957 at St Peter's Ang. Ch Brockville Ont.
RECS son of WILLIAM JAMES WATON & IRENE MADELIN GREENE
Ch: of Florence & Joseph O'Brien
i. Joseph Patrick O'Brien B. March 15 1943 Halifax NS Living
ii. Beverly Ann O'Brien B. July 15 1946 Halifax NS Living
iii. Daniel David O'Brien B. Dec 13 1954 Halifax NS Living
Two half siblings born to Florence Shanks
i. Joan Shanks B. Aug 16 1934 Halifax NS Living
ii. Robie Shanks B. May 19 1936 halifax NS Living Father Fred Norris
CH: of William Watson & Mary Helen Patricia Jaynes
i. William James Watson B. Sept 4 1958 Living
ii. Candace Elaine Watson B. April 19 1960 Living
iii. Kimberly Dawn Watson B. June 3 1961 Living
iv. Joseph Patrick Watson B. Jan 7 1963 Living
v. Terri Lee Watson B. March 12 1966 Living