Descendants of James Nathaniel Dunnam
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES NATHANIEL1 DUNNAM was born September 07, 1855 in Indian Hill , Ms, and died August 25, 1928 in Indian Hill Ms. He married (1) EARY ANN KITTRELL March 31, 1881 in Greene County, MS. He married (2) MARY ELIZABETH (MOLLIE) DUNN March 02, 1899 in Greene County Ms. Notes for JAMES NATHANIEL DUNNAM: Jim Dunnam was born in Greene County, Ms., and lived there all his life. He grew up on a farm, where his father was a farmer and Methodist Protestant Lay Pastor. He was a active member of theMutual Rights Methodist Church, Avera, MS. He was a farmer and business man operating a Gris Mill and Saw Mill, located on a creek in Indian Hill Community. He leased a section of land known as the Sixteenth Section which was set apart, and monies received used to support public schools. On this land he raised cotton. He was married twice and reared a large family by each of his wives. After his first wife Eary Ann Kittrell died he married Mary Elizabeth (Molly) Dunn.
Children of JAMES DUNNAM and EARY KITTRELL are:
2. i. NANCY ALMEDA2 DUNNAM, b. December 30, 1881, Greene County Ms; d. December 02, 1951, Greene County Ms.
ii. ADA W. DUNNAM, b. March 07, 1884, Greene County Ms; d. September 20, 1885, Greene County Ms.
iii. VIOLA EDWINA DUNNAM, b. September 05, 1886, Greene County Ms; d. October 14, 1964, Greene County Ms; m. THOMAS R (HARVEY) BYRD, February 12, 1911, Greene County, Ms.
iv. WALTER ELBERT DUNNAM, b. April 22, 1890, Greene County Ms; d. November 04, 1907, Greene County Ms.
3. v. ERASTUS WALDEN DUNNAM, PHD, b. December 29, 1892, Greene County Ms; d. October 1962, Leland, Ms. 4. vi. FLORA IDUS DUNNAM, b. February 06, 1894, Greene County Ms; d. January 15, 1978, Greene County Ms.
Children of JAMES DUNNAM and MARY ELIZABETH (mollie) DUNN are:
5. vii. COLLIE ELMO2 DUNNAM, b. December 23, 1899, Greene County Ms; d. November 19, 1972, Jackson, MS.
6. viii. WILLIAM MCGILLERY DUNNAM, SR., b. October 11, 1901, Greene County Ms.; d. November 17, 1960, Fellowship Baptist Cemetery, Greene County, Ms.
7. ix. NAOMI ESTHER DUNNAM, b. May 30, 1903, Mutual Rights, Greene County, Ms; d. October 05, 1966. x. JENNIE ELIZABETH DUNNAM, b. February 17, 1905, Greene County Ms; m. HUGH WILSON. xi. IONE ESTELLE DUNNAM, b. March 07, 1907.
8. xii. MYRTLE MOZILLA DUNNAM, b. January 08, 1911, Greene County Ms.
Generation No. 2
2. NANCY ALMEDA2 DUNNAM (JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born December 30, 1881 in Greene County Ms, and died December 02, 1951 in Greene County Ms. She married ALFRED JAMES SMITH March 09, 1899 in Greene County Ms.
Children of NANCY DUNNAM and ALFRED SMITH are:
i. STANCE3 SMITH, m. MABLE SOWELL.
ii. VERNON SMITH.
iii. IRNA RAE SMITH.
iv. GUSTAVA SMITH.
9. v. BARTON LAMAR SMITH, b. February 01, 1900, June 20, 1977; d. June 20, 1977.
10. vi. LA ROY SMITH, SR, b. June 05, 1901, Greene County Ms; d. August 26, 1981.
11. vii. LAOTIS SMITH, b. October 20, 1903; d. July 19, 1990.
viii. AVA SMITH, b. May 12, 1906; d. October 25, 1953.
ix. THERON SMITH, b. August 23, 1917; d. November 27, 1918, Mutual Rights Cemetery, Greene County, Ms.
3. ERASTUS WALDEN2 DUNNAM, PHD (JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born December 29, 1892 in Greene County Ms, and died October 1962 in Leland, Ms. He married ODIE MCLAIN in Greene County Ms.
Children of ERASTUS DUNNAM and ODIE MCLAIN are:
i. BARBARA3 DUNNAM, b. Leland, Ms.; m. DEVOE POWERS.
12. ii. JAMES WALDEN DUNNAM, b. March 20, 1927, Leland, Ms.; d. March 1986, Winter Haven, Fl.
4. FLORA IDUS2 DUNNAM (JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born February 06, 1894 in Greene County Ms, and died January 15, 1978 in Greene County Ms. She married WILLIS WILSON WADE August 10, 1918 in Greene County Ms.
Children of FLORA DUNNAM and WILLIS WADE are:
13. i. CLIFTON STONECYPHER3 WADE, b. August 04, 1919.
ii. MARGARET FAYE WADE, b. March 05, 1921; m. LEONARD LAMAR HILL, December 13, 1942.
iii. JIMMYE ELIZABETH WADE, b. May 18, 1926; m. (1) GEORGE HORNE; m. (2) ROBERT ADKINS.
14. iv. WILLIS ANN (SALLY) WADE, b. November 25, 1932.
5. COLLIE ELMO2 DUNNAM (JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born December 23, 1899 in Greene County Ms, and died November 19, 1972 in Jackson, MS. He married FREDA C LEWIS March 12, 1926 in Greene County, Ms.
Children of COLLIE DUNNAM and FREDA LEWIS are:
i. MARY CATHERINE3 DUNNAM, b. March 03, 1929.
ii. BENNIE CAROLYN DUNNAM, b. July 27, 1930; m. GASTON CORLEY.
iii. FREDA ELIZABETH DUNNAM, b. September 21, 1931; m. ACE MCVAY, July 26, 1953.
6. WILLIAM MCGILLERY2 DUNNAM, SR. (JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born October 11, 1901 in Greene County Ms., and died November 17, 1960 in Fellowship Baptist Cemetery, Greene County, Ms. He married HARRIET EVA LEE KITTRELL January 27, 1927 in Greene County, Ms..
Notes for WILLIAM MCGILLERY DUNNAM, SR.: William Dunnam was born in Greene County MS. He graduated from Greene County Agricultural High School and later attended Mississippi State University. He taught school during the 1930's, and when WWII began he was employed by the Ingalls Shipbuilding Cor., Pascagoula, MS. Following his work in the shipyard he returned to Greene County where he was self employed and employed by the County for a while, then returned to work for Ingalls, where he was employed when he died. He was buried in Fellowship Baptist Cemetery, Greene County, MS.
Notes for HARRIET EVA LEE KITTRELL: Eva Kittrell was born in Old Avera Community, Greene County, Ms. She grew up there and graduated from Greene County Agricultural High School, and attended Missippi State Teachers College, (Now Southern Mississippi University), Hattiesburg, MS. She was for many years a school teacher, then a housewife rearing a family of six, while her husband worked at Ingalls Shipyard in Pascagoula, MS. She lived in Greene County All her life except for the years 1941-47, when she and her family lived in Pascagoula, MS.
Children of WILLIAM DUNNAM and HARRIET KITTRELL are:
15. I. JUNE ELAINE3 DUNNAM, b. June 21, 1928, Greene County, Ms.
16. ii. JAMES TERRELL DUNNAM, SR., b. July 02, 1929, Greene County, Ms..
iii. JOAN HALE DUNNAM, b. January 18, 1936, Greene County, Ms; m. HERBERT YOUNG, June 27, 1992, Greene County, Ms.
iv. MONETHA KAY DUNNAM, b. June 28, 1937, Greene County, Ms.
v. WILLIAM MCGILLERY DUNNAM, JR., b. January 24, 1944, Pascagoula, Ms; d. February 13, 1988, Greene County, Ms; m. (1) SHARON TURNER; m. (2) REBECCA REEVES.
vi. JANYE LEE DUNNAM, b. November 18, 1945, Pascagoula, Ms.
7. NAOMI ESTHER2 DUNNAM (JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born May 30, 1903 in Mutual Rights, Greene County, Ms, and died October 05, 1966. She married CAMP PRESTON GEIGER August 13, 1927 in Perry County, Ms.
Children of NAOMI DUNNAM and CAMP GEIGER are:
17. I. ELIZABETH3 GEIGER.
ii. GAIL GEIGER.
iii. VALENTINE GEIGER.
iv. PHYLLIS GEIGER. 8. MYRTLE MOZILLA2 DUNNAM (JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born January 08, 1911 in Greene County Ms. She married CAUDIS LEE DENTON October 11, 1934 in Greene County, Ms.
Children of MYRTLE DUNNAM and CAUDIS DENTON are:
18. i. DONALD LEE3 DENTON.
ii. DAN DENTON.
19. iii. BETTY ANN DENTON.
Generation No. 3
9. BARTON LAMAR3 SMITH (NANCY ALMEDA2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born February 01, 1900 in June 20, 1977, and died June 20, 1977. He married ELIZABETH BETHEL CLARK.
Child of BARTON SMITH and ELIZABETH CLARK is:
i. SUE4 SMITH, m. JOSEPH KLEIN.
10. LA ROY3 SMITH, SR (NANCY ALMEDA2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born June 05, 1901 in Greene County Ms, and died August 26, 1981. He married GERTRUDE LANKFORD.
Children of LA SMITH and GERTRUDE LANKFORD are:
i. JACQUELYN (JACKIE)4 SMITH, b. 1930; m. HORACE BUD WITHERS.
20. ii. LA ROY (SONNY) SMITH, JR, b. 1931, Greene County Ms; d. 1971.
21. iii. WAYNE SMITH, b. February 04, 1932. iv. BOTSY RAE SMITH, b. Abt. 1934; m. HERBERT SMITH.
11. LAOTIS3 SMITH (NANCY ALMEDA2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born October 20, 1903, and died July 19, 1990. He married MARGARET C COCHRAN.
Child of LAOTIS SMITH and MARGARET COCHRAN is:
i. GLORIA NELL4 SMITH.
12. JAMES WALDEN3 DUNNAM (ERASTUS WALDEN2, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born March 20, 1927 in Leland, Ms., and died March 1986 in Winter Haven, Fl. He married MARGARET ADDLYN IRVING.
Children of JAMES DUNNAM and MARGARET IRVING are:
i. MARION JAMEL4 DUNNAM, b. February 13, 1960.
ii. MARGARET JENNETT DUNNAM, b. February 13, 1960.
13. CLIFTON STONECYPHER3 WADE (FLORA IDUS2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born August 04, 1919. He married KATHLEEN SMITH.
Children of CLIFTON WADE and KATHLEEN SMITH are:
i. CLIFTON SMITH4 WADE, m. GLENDA PITTS.
ii. ROBERT THOMAS WADE.
iii. MICHAEL WADE.
14. WILLIS ANN (SALLY)3 WADE (FLORA IDUS2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born November 25, 1932. She married DOUGLAS JAMES.
Children of WILLIS WADE and DOUGLAS JAMES are:
i. BELINDA4 JAMES, m. ROLAND GRAHAM.
ii. PATRICIA JAMES, m. LARRY D MEADOWS.
iii. DARLENE JAMES, m. MARK ANTHONY THURSTON.
iv. RONALD JAMES, m. MARGIE CROCKER.
15. JUNE ELAINE3 DUNNAM (WILLIAM MCGILLERY2, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born June 21, 1928 in Greene County, Ms. She married PATRICK H EVERITT, JR March 13, 1950 in Hattiesburg, Ms.
Child of JUNE DUNNAM and PATRICK EVERITT is:
22. i. SHERRY ELAINE4 EVERITT, b. November 13, 1952, Austin, Tx.
16. JAMES TERRELL3 DUNNAM, SR. (WILLIAM MCGILLERY2, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born July 02, 1929 in Greene County, Ms.. He married BETTY SUE HOLT March 03, 1961 in Pensacola, Florida.
Notes for JAMES TERRELL DUNNAM, SR.: James T Dunnam graduated from Pascagoula High School, Pascagoula, Ms., in 1947. He then entered Clarke Memorial Junior College, Newton, Ms., and was graduated in 1950. James then entered Mississippi College, Clinton, Ms., and was graduated with a BA Degree in 1952 James T Dunnam surrendered to preach the Gospel January 11, 1948. He has been a pastor in Florida since May 1957. He retired January 1, 1995
More About JAMES TERRELL DUNNAM, SR.: Fact 1: January 11, 1948, Surrendered to Preach the Gospel Pascagoula, Ms Fact 2: May 12, 1948, Licensed to Preach the Gospel, Calvary Baptist Church, Pascagoula, Ms Fact 3: June 10, 1951, Ordained by Calvary Baptist Church, Pascagoula, Ms Fact 4: June 02, 1952, Graduated with B. A., Mississippi College Fact 5: May 30, 1955, Graduated with B. D. New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary Fact 6: March 03, 1961, Married, First Baptist Church, Pensacola, Fl. Fact 7: 1951, First Pastorate, Bethel Baptist Church, Near Sandersville, Ms Fact 8: 1952, Second Church, Antioch Baptist Church near Leakesville, Ms Fact 9: 1953, Pine Level Baptist Church near, Leakesville, Ms Fact 10: 1954, Cedar Grove Baptist Church, near Leakesville, Ms Fact 11: 1955, Associate Pastor, Mignon Baptist Church, Sylacauga, Al. Fact 12: June 01, 1957, Pastor of Park Place Baptist Church, Pensacola, Fl. Fact 13: August 1962, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Fernandina Beach, Fl Medical Information: Open Heart Surgery 1988, Diabetes Occupation: November 1989, Pastor FBC Fernandina Beach, Fl Retirement: January 01, 1995, Fernandina Beach, FL
Notes for BETTY SUE HOLT: Betty Sue Holt was born in Eudora, Arkansas, but moved to Little Rock and graduated from Central High School, after which she went to Little Rock Junior College, where she graduated then transferred to Ouchita Baptist College, Arkadelphia, Arkansas, and graduated with a B.A. Degree in 1955. Betty Sue came to Florida in 1959 to work as Secretary to the Pastor of the First Baptist Church, Pensacola, Florida. There she met and married Rev. James T. Dunnam who, at the time, was pastor of the Park Place Baptist Church, Pensacola, Florida. In 1978, when James and Betty Sue moved to Tampa, Florida where James became pastor of the Northgate Baptist Church, Betty Sue became Secretary to the Vice President of Cloride Corporation. After several years there she became secretary to the President of The American Shipbuilding Company, Tampa, Florida. From that position she was promoted to be secretary for George Steinbrenner, Chairman of the Board of American Shipbuilding Company, and owner of the New York Yankees. One year after she and James moved back to Fernandina Beach, Florida, where James became pastor for a second time at the First Baptist Church, she became Administrative Assistant and Secretary to the General Manager and Human Recourses Manager of Rayonier, Fernandina, Mill. Betty Sue retired September 1, 1997
Children of JAMES TERRELL DUNNAM and BETTY SUE HOLT are:
23. I. SUSAN CAROL DUNNAM RAINES, b. January 26, 1963, Fernandina Beach, Fl. Susan graduated from Chamberlain High School in Tampa, Florida and attended University of South Florida. She is currently in administration with Sprint PCS in Orlando, Florida. She has one daughter, Kristin Suzanne that was born October 28, 1993.
ii. JAMIE SUE DUNNAM, b. February 02, 1968, Fernandina Beach, Fl; Notes for JAMIE SUE DUNNAM: Jamie Sue Dunnam was born in Fernandina Beach, Florida and graduated from Gaither High School, Tampa Florida. She graduated with a Bachelors and earned two Masters Degrees from the University of South Florida. Jamie is currently the Assistant Principal at Pride Elementary School in Tampa Florida. Pride is a brand new, large elementary school within Hillsborough County. She was chosen twice as teacher of the year, and the last time selected as one of five finalists for the district teacher of the year from 189 nominated.
iii. JAMES TERRELL DUNNAM, JR., b. March 04, 1973, Rockledge, Fl. Notes for JAMES TERRELL DUNNAM, JR.: Jim Dunnam was born in Rockledge, Fl., and graduated from Gaither High School, Tampa, Fl. He received a BS Degree from University of South Florida in the Spring of 1996. Jimbo presently works at First Security Mortgage in Tampa, Florida. He married Michele Lee Hanke on April 21, 2001. She is a teacher at Buchanan Jr. High School in Tampa, Fl.
17. ELIZABETH GEIGER (NAOMI ESTHER DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1). She married THOMAS JACKSON ROLAND.
Child of ELIZABETH GEIGER and THOMAS ROLAND is:
i.VAN 4 ROLAND.
18. DONALD LEE3 DENTON (MYRTLE MOZILLA2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1). He married JULIE LACY.
Children of DONALD DENTON and JULIE LACY are:
i. DIANA4 DENTON.
ii. DONALD LEE DENTON, JR.
iii. DAVID DENTON.
iv. CATHY DENTON.
19. BETTY ANN3 DENTON (MYRTLE MOZILLA2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1). She married JAMES E FOREST.
Children of BETTY DENTON and JAMES FOREST are:
i. CHRISTOPHER4 FOREST.
ii. BRETT FOREST.
Generation No. 4
20. LA ROY (SONNY)4 SMITH, JR (LA ROY3, NANCY ALMEDA2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born 1931 in Greene County Ms, and died 1971. He married LOUISE SMITH.
Child of LA SMITH and LOUISE SMITH is:
i. EULEEN5 SMITH.
21. WAYNE4 SMITH (LA ROY3, NANCY ALMEDA2 DUNNAM, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born February 04, 1932. He married MARGRET ANN MAYES.
Children of WAYNE SMITH and MARGRET MAYES are:
i. CECELIA5 SMITH, m. GARY AVERA.
ii. JENNIFER SMITH.
iii. RONNIE SMITH.
22. SHERRY ELAINE4 EVERITT (JUNE ELAINE3 DUNNAM, WILLIAM MCGILLERY2, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born November 13, 1952 in Austin, Tx. She married STEVEN JOE LARIMORE May 01, 1982 in Dallas, Tx.
Children of SHERRY EVERITT and STEVEN LARIMORE are:
i. STEVEN BRETT5 LARIMORE, b. March 08, 1985, Dallas, Tx.
ii. KELSEY ELAINE LARIMORE, b. March 26, 1992, Weatherford, Tx.
23. SUSAN CAROL4 DUNNAM (JAMES TERRELL3, WILLIAM MCGILLERY2, JAMES NATHANIEL1) was born January 26, 1963 in Fernandina Beach, Fl. She met She married ROBERT RAINES November 18, 1989 in Tampa, Florida.
Notes for SUSAN CAROL DUNNAM: Susan Dunnam was born in Fernandina Beach, Fl., where her father was Pastor of the First Baptist Church. She Graduated from Chamberlain High School Tampa, Fl., where she and her family were living at the time. She worked for Disney Imagineering Company, Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida, for more than 10 years.Susan is now employed by St Joe Development.
Child of SUSAN DUNNAM:
i. KRISTIN SUZANNE RAINES5, b. October 28, 1993, Orlando, Fl.