Elijah George Galusha: Some Caldwell Co, Ky Records:
followed by Cynthia Galusha's Ahnentafel.
From: email@example.com (Happy Greer)
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 10:42:13 -0400
Subject: KY-F: Caldwell Co.,KY,Court Order Book B1,1809
Caldwell Co.,KY,Court Order Book B1,1809
(May and June)
June Court, 1809, page 15--
On the motion of JOHN SCOTT It is ordered that he be appointed
Capt. of the Patrol in the first District & that NATHANIEL
SULLIVANT, ELIJAH BENNETT, and JACOB DOOM being first Sworn do
patroll as often as may be Necessary in said district.
On the motion of JOHN OHARROW? he is appointed Capt. of the
Patrollers for the Second district and that JOSEPH McMAHON,
ELIJAH G. GALUSHA, GEORGE GRAY and JACOB E. FALLER (sic)
being first Sworn do Patroll as often as may be necessary in said District.
August Court 1809, page 28--
On the motion of MICHAEL FREEMAN It is ordered that WILLIAM
LEECH (Luck?),JOHN MERCER,CHARDS? [prob. Charels] JONES,
WASHINGTON THOMPSON and DAVID PARENT,Gent.,or any three of
them being first duly Sworn be appointed Commissioners
At a County Court continued and held for Caldwell County at
the house of ELIJAH G. GILLUSHA Esqr. on Wednesday the 9thday of August 1809.
Present ELIJAH G. GILLUSHA ISAAC BROWN
JOSIAH WHITNEL & WILLIAM GILLIHAN Esqrs.
On the motion of JUSTINIAN CARTWRIGHT It is Ordered that ISAAC
BROWN, JOHN MERCER, ANDREW GEORGE, JOHN ANDERSON, WASHINGTON
THOMPSON, SAMUEL BURTON and WILLIAM MITCHUSSON Gent. or any
three to act be appointed Commissioners for the purpose of
establishing and perpetuating Testimony on the following
tracts of Seminary lands toWit.Transylvania University 600
acres.The Winchester, Franklin and Montgomery accademies.
Ordered that the Patroll District of Number four be added to
the District of number Seven,and the two compose one district,
& that ISAAC GREER, WM. JENKINS be appd. & Remain as Patrollers
& that JOHN ANDERSON, BEN WORTHINGTON and JAMES WADLINGTON be
discontinued [cont'd p.31]
and discharged from acting as patrollers, & it is further
Ordered that the afd. GREER &c. Patroll 36 Hours Each monthat least.
Ordered that the Sixth Patroll district be added to the Fifth
and the two compose one district, and that SAMUEL BLACK be
discontinued from acting and that SAML. LEWIS & PETER PIMON?
be appd. Patrollers and that they Patroll at least 24 Hours
in Each month & Continue to act.
Ordered that the Patroll District Number __? be added to the
District of Number two and that JAMES HOLLY be appointed to
Patroll in the room of ELIJAH G. GILLUSHA Esqr. and that they
Patroll at least 48 Hours in Each month.
Ordered that this County be laid off into three Districts for
the purpose of appointing Commissioners to Procession lands &c.
as follows toWit. All that part of the County Between the road
from Centreville to Christian Courthouse and Trade Water River
shall Compose the District Number One and that JOSIAH WHITNEL,
ISAAC BROWN and JAMES [blank] be appointed Processioners of the said District.
August 1809, page 35--
Ordered that court adjourn until Court
in Course. Dd. JAMES J.P.
September 4, 1809, page 35--
At a County Court held for Caldwell County at the Schoolhouse
in Eddyville on Monday the 4th day of September 1809. Present
WILLIAM MITCHUSSON, DAVID JAMES, ELIJAH G. GILLUSHA & BENNETTLANGSTON Esqrs.
The Court proceeds to fix the Tavern Rates for this County
toWit. D C
Supper or Breakfast 18 3/4
Corn or Oats P.Gallon 12 1/2
Whiskey P. half Pint 12 1/2
Peach or apple Brandy P. Do 12 1/2
Cyder P. C? 12 1/2
Rum,Wine or French Brandy P.Ditto 25
Horse at Hay or Fother P. night 12 1/3?
Lodging P. night 6 1/4
Ordered that the Several Tavern Keepers in this County take the
foregoing Rates and no more.
Any Allotment of the hands to Work on the road wherof JESSE
KUYKENDOLL & WILLIAM HAMMOCK are Surveyors was this day Re-
turned into Court by ELIJAH G. GILLUSHA Esqr & Ordered to be Recorded.
On the motion of BLAKE BAKER It is Ordered that his Ear mark
be Recorded as follows a Smooth Crop of the Right Ear and a whole in Each.
Ordered that JOHN ANDERSON, ISAAC GREER, MICHAEL FREEMAN,
ARMEL? FILCHER and SAMUEL KILGORE or any three who being
first Sworn do View and mark out a way for a Road from Eddy-
ville to intersect a road leading from Christian Courthouse
to LEWIS WOLFs near the Christian County line So as to cross
Eddy creek at FREEMANs mill and make report to next Court.
Ordered that JAMES ROBERTSON, JESSE GRAY, SOLOMON LEMAR,
JACOB LEWIS & WILLIAM HAMMONDS or any three being first
Sworn do View and mark out a road the nearest & Best way
from a high Bluff on Tennessee River about three miles above
what is called the Big Island to Eddyville & make report &c.
On the motion of WILLIAM HAMMOND and it appearing to the
Satisfaction of the court that the said HAMMOND is the
proprietor of the land on the South side of the Cumberland
River And the proprietor of the land on the Opposite shore
acknowledgeing legal notice, & not appearing
The Court for Satisfactory reasons appearing to them this
day Rec'd. a bond from JOHN BRADLEY, GIDEON D. COBB, SAM C.
CLARK & ELIJAH G. GALUSHA for the Building of a Brick CourtHouse in
December Term 1809, (1st day), page 53--
a high bluff on Tennessee River about 3 miles above what
is called the big island to Eddyville and that he with all
the hands being within the following Bounds toWit
Beginning at WILLIAM HAMMONDs and meandering the Cumberland
River down below the Horse ford & from thence running so
as to include JACOB LEWIS on Tennessee to include HENRY
BATES, thence to Mr [or Mrs?] HUBBS & from thence to mouth
Long creek & from thence to the Cumberland River & from
thence to the Beginning do open and Keep the Same in repair
agreeable to Law
May 1810, p. 79 continued--
Present E. G. GALUSHA Esqr. Absent
On mo. of John DENLEY (or Durby?) ord that a spa. be au'd. agt
Wm JONES a Witness to a Deed from Hugh KILGORE to John Denley
(or Durby) to prove the same &c.
Monday Sept 1810, p.106--
On mo. of Elijah G GALUSHA and he produc-- legal notice It
is Ord. he be discharged as Security for Moses TIMMONS Jailor
of this County and Wm BIRDSONG entd himself as Counter Scry.
Who ackd bond $1000 according to law
Tuesday September 4th 1810, p. 108--
Present Wm MITCHUSSON David JAMES Bennett LANGSTON & N CRAVENSEsqr.
NOVR. 1810, p. 115--
Ord. John BEARDON Shff of this County be allowed the sum of $19.
for part of his Exo Services rendered in Livingston County in
1808 & 1809 which is to be paid Out of the money Supposed to
be in Elijah G GALUSHA hands which said GALUSHA hath attained?
in his hands as fines &c collected from Different people
Cynthia Galusha's Ancestors
Ahnentafel: Generation No. 1
1. Cynthia GALUSHA. She was the daughter of 2. Elijah G GALUSHA and 3. Lucy Willard THROOP. She married Wilson PARENT PARRENT, son of David PARENT and Nancy CONNOWAY CONOWAY CONWAY.
Child of Cynthia GALUSHA and Wilson PARENT PARRENT is: i. Lynn Boyd PARRENT. He married Julia GILLIS, daughter of Thomas GILLIS and Ferraby BRUMMIT.
Ahnentafel: Generation No. 2
2. Elijah G GALUSHA. He was the son of 4. Capt. Elijah GALUSHA and 5. Beulah CHITTENDEN.
3. Lucy Willard THROOP. She was the daughter of 6. John Winchester THROOP and 7. Elizabeth VAIL.
Child of Lucy Willard THROOP and Elijah G GALUSHA is:1. i. Cynthia GALUSHA. She married Wilson PARENT PARRENT, son of David PARENT and Nancy CONNOWAY CONOWAY CONWAY.
Ahnentafel: Generation No. 3
4. Elijah GALUSHA. He was the son of 8. Jacob GALUSHA and 9. Lydia HUNTINGTON.
5. Beulah CHITTENDEN. She was the daughter of 10. Thomas CHITTENDEN and 11. Elizabeth MEIGS.
Child of Beulah CHITTENDEN and Elijah GALUSHA is:2. i. Elijah G GALUSHA. He married Lucy Willard THROOP, daughter of John Winchester THROOP and Elizabeth VAIL.
6. John Winchester THROOP. He was the son of 12. John THROOP and 13. Frances DANA.
7. Elizabeth VAIL. She was the daughter of 14. Thomas VAIL and 15. Hannah BROWN.
Child of Elizabeth VAIL and John Winchester THROOP is:3. i. Lucy Willard THROOP. She married Elijah G GALUSHA, son of Elijah GALUSHA and Beulah CHITTENDEN.
Ahnentafel: Generation No. 4
8. Jacob GALUSHA. He was the son of 16. Daniel GALUSHA and 17. Sarah WARREN.
9. Lydia HUNTINGTON. She was the daughter of 18. Matthew HUNTINGTON and 19. Lydia LEONARD.
Child of Lydia HUNTINGTON and Jacob GALUSHA is:4. i. Elijah GALUSHA. He married Beulah CHITTENDEN, daughter of Thomas CHITTENDEN and Elizabeth MEIGS.
10. Thomas CHITTENDEN. He was the son of 20. Ebenezer CHITTENDEN and 21. Mary JOHNSON.
11. Elizabeth MEIGS. She was the daughter of 22. Janna MEIGS and 23. Elizabeth DUDLEY.
Child of Elizabeth MEIGS and Thomas CHITTENDEN is:5. i. Beulah CHITTENDEN. She married Elijah GALUSHA, son of Jacob GALUSHA and Lydia HUNTINGTON.
12. John THROOP. He was the son of 24. Amos THROOP and 25. Frances DAVIS.
13. Frances DANA. She was the daughter of 26. Isaac DANA and 27. Sarah WINCHESTER.
Child of Frances DANA and John THROOP is:6. i. John Winchester THROOP. He married Elizabeth VAIL, daughter of Thomas VAIL and Hannah BROWN.
14. Thomas VAIL. He was the son of 28. Jeremiah VAIL and 29. Elizabeth YOUNGS.
15. Hannah BROWN. She was the daughter of 30. Richard BROWN and 31. HannahSarah HAWK.
Child of Hannah BROWN and Thomas VAIL is:7. i. Elizabeth VAIL. She married John Winchester THROOP, son of John THROOP and Frances DANA.
Ahnentafel: Generation No. 5
16. Daniel GALUSHA. He was the son of 32. Daniel GALUSHA and 33. Hannah GOULD.
17. Sarah WARREN. She was the daughter of 34. Daniel WARREN and 35. Elizabeth WHITNEY.
Child of Sarah WARREN and Daniel GALUSHA is:8. i. Jacob GALUSHA. He married Lydia HUNTINGTON, daughter of Matthew HUNTINGTON and Lydia LEONARD.
18. Matthew HUNTINGTON. He was the son of 36. Christopher HUNTINGTON and 37. Sarah ADGATE.
19. Lydia LEONARD. She was the daughter of 38. Samuel LEONARD and 39. Lydia COOKE.
Child of Lydia LEONARD and Matthew HUNTINGTON is:9. i. Lydia HUNTINGTON. She married Jacob GALUSHA, son of Daniel GALUSHA and Sarah WARREN.
20. Ebenezer CHITTENDEN. He was the son of 40. William CHITTENDEN and 41. Hannah.
21. Mary JOHNSON. She was the daughter of 42. Samuel JOHNSON and 43. Mary SAGE.
Child of Mary JOHNSON and Ebenezer CHITTENDEN is:10. i. Thomas CHITTENDEN. He married Elizabeth MEIGS, daughter of Janna MEIGS and Elizabeth DUDLEY.
22. Janna MEIGS. He was the son of 44. Janna MEIGS and 45. Hannah WILLARD.
23. Elizabeth DUDLEY. She was the daughter of 46. Ebenezer DUDLEY and 47. Elizabeth GRAVES.
Child of Elizabeth DUDLEY and Janna MEIGS is:11. i. Elizabeth MEIGS. She married Thomas CHITTENDEN, son of Ebenezer CHITTENDEN and Mary JOHNSON.
24. Amos THROOP. He was the son of 48. John THROOPE and 49. Rebecca SMITH.
25. Frances DAVIS. She was the daughter of 50. Simon DAVIS and 51. Ann.
Child of Frances DAVIS and Amos THROOP is:12. i. John THROOP. He married Frances DANA, daughter of Isaac DANA and Sarah WINCHESTER.
26. Isaac DANA. He was the son of 52. Benjamin DANA and 53. Mary BUCKMINSTER.
27. Sarah WINCHESTER. She was the daughter of 54. John WINCHESTER and 55. Sarah WHITE.
Child of Sarah WINCHESTER and Isaac DANA is:13. i. Frances DANA. She married John THROOP, son of Amos THROOP and Frances DAVIS.
28. Jeremiah VAIL. He was the son of 56. Jeremiah VAIL and 57. Mary.
29. Elizabeth YOUNGS. She was the daughter of 58. Joshua YOUNGS and 59. Mary MAYHEW.
Child of Elizabeth YOUNGS and Jeremiah VAIL is:14. i. Thomas VAIL. He married Hannah BROWN, daughter of Richard BROWN and HannahSarah HAWK.
30. Richard BROWN.
31. HannahSarah HAWK.
Child of HannahSarah HAWK and Richard BROWN is:15. i. Hannah BROWN. She married Thomas VAIL, son of Jeremiah VAIL and Elizabeth YOUNGS.
Ahnentafel: Generation No. 6
32. Daniel GALUSHA.
33. Hannah GOULD. She was the daughter of 66. Francis GOULD and 67. Rose.
Child of Hannah GOULD and Daniel GALUSHA is:16. i. Daniel GALUSHA. He married Sarah WARREN, daughter of Daniel WARREN and Elizabeth WHITNEY.
34. Daniel WARREN. He was the son of 68. Daniel WARREN and 69. Marry BARRON.
35. Elizabeth WHITNEY. She was the daughter of 70. John WHITNEY and 71. Ruth REYNOLDS.
Child of Elizabeth WHITNEY and Daniel WARREN is:17. i. Sarah WARREN. She married Daniel GALUSHA, son of Daniel GALUSHA and Hannah GOULD.
36. Christopher HUNTINGTON. He was the son of 72. Christopher HUNTINGTON and 73. Ruth ROCKWELL.
37. Sarah ADGATE. She was the daughter of 74. Thomas ADGATE and 75. Mary MARVIN.
Child of Sarah ADGATE and Christopher HUNTINGTON is:18. i. Matthew HUNTINGTON. He married Lydia LEONARD, daughter of Samuel LEONARD and Lydia COOKE.
38. Samuel LEONARD. He was the son of 76. Samuel LEONARD and 77. Abigail WOOD.
39. Lydia COOKE. She was the daughter of 78. Richard COOKE.
Child of Lydia COOKE and Samuel LEONARD is:19. i. Lydia LEONARD. She married Matthew HUNTINGTON, son of Christopher HUNTINGTON and Sarah ADGATE.
40. William CHITTENDEN. He was the son of 80. Thomas CHITTENDEN and 81. Joanna PRUDDEN.
Child of Hannah and William CHITTENDEN is:20. i. Ebenezer CHITTENDEN. He married Mary JOHNSON, daughter of Samuel JOHNSON and Mary SAGE.
42. Samuel JOHNSON. He was the son of 84. William JOHNSON and 85. Elizabeth BUSHNELL.
43. Mary SAGE. She was the daughter of 86. David SAGE and 87. Mary WILEY.
Child of Mary SAGE and Samuel JOHNSON is:21. i. Mary JOHNSON. She married Ebenezer CHITTENDEN, son of William CHITTENDEN and Hannah.
44. Janna MEIGS. He was the son of 88. John MEIGS and 89. Sarah WILCOX.
45. Hannah WILLARD. She was the daughter of 90. Josiah WILLARD and 91. Hannah HOSMER.
Child of Hannah WILLARD and Janna MEIGS is:22. i. Janna MEIGS. He married Elizabeth DUDLEY, daughter of Ebenezer DUDLEY and Elizabeth GRAVES.
46. Ebenezer DUDLEY. He was the son of 92. John DUDLEY and 93. Martha FRENCH.
47. Elizabeth GRAVES. She was the daughter of 94. John GRAVES and 95. Susanna WEBSTER.
Child of Elizabeth GRAVES and Ebenezer DUDLEY is:23. i. Elizabeth DUDLEY. She married Janna MEIGS, son of Janna MEIGS and Hannah WILLARD.
48. John THROOPE. He was the son of 96. Adrian William THROOPE_SCROOPE and 97. Mary CHAPMAN.
49. Rebecca SMITH.
Child of Rebecca SMITH and John THROOPE is:24. i. Amos THROOP. He married Frances DAVIS, daughter of Simon DAVIS and Ann.
50. Simon DAVIS. He was the son of 100. Simon DAVIS and 101. Mary BLOOD.
Child of Ann and Simon DAVIS is:25. i. Frances DAVIS. She married Amos THROOP, son of John THROOPE and Rebecca SMITH.
52. Benjamin DANA. He was the son of 104. Richard DANA and 105. Anne BULLARD.
53. Mary BUCKMINSTER. She was the daughter of 106. Zechariah BUCKMINSTER and 107. Sarah WEBB.
Child of Mary BUCKMINSTER and Benjamin DANA is:26. i. Isaac DANA. He married Sarah WINCHESTER, daughter of John WINCHESTER and Sarah WHITE.
54. John WINCHESTER. He was the son of 108. John WINCHESTER and 109. Hannah Joanna.
55. Sarah WHITE.
Child of Sarah WHITE and John WINCHESTER is:27. i. Sarah WINCHESTER. She married Isaac DANA, son of Benjamin DANA and Mary BUCKMINSTER.
56. Jeremiah VAIL. He was the son of 112. Jeremiah VAIL and 113. Anne MOORE.
Child of Mary and Jeremiah VAIL is:28. i. Jeremiah VAIL. He married Elizabeth YOUNGS, daughter of Joshua YOUNGS and Mary MAYHEW.
58. Joshua YOUNGS.
59. Mary MAYHEW.
Child of Mary MAYHEW and Joshua YOUNGS is:29. i. Elizabeth YOUNGS. She married Jeremiah VAIL, son of Jeremiah VAIL and Mary.