- COATES DARNALL
A. WILLIAM EUBANK
b. pre 1665 Melsonby, N. Yorkshire, England [ very near to the ancestral home of the EUBANKs at BROUGH & BARNARD CASTLE - m. JOAN COATES
b. Ingleby, Greenhow, N. Yorkshire, England. Children:
- A.1. William EUBANK
- A.2. John EUBANK
- A.3. Richard EUBANK
- A.4. Thomas EUBANK
- The family immigrated to Virginia in the late 1680s.
A.1. WILLIAM EUBANK
b. c1730 - d. post 1783 m. UNKNOWN UNKNOWN
- A.1.1.JAMES EUBANK b. 1755
- A.1.2. Royal EUBANK b. 1760
A.1.1. JAMES EUBANK
b. ca 1750s - d. ?
m.: LUCY TAYLOR
b. 1759 - d. ?...(Dau. JAMES TAYLOR
b. 12/27/1732 - d. 1814 & ANNE HUBBARD
b. ? - d. ?).................. Children:
- ..2.1. William EUBANK b. 1781 VA. - d. ?
- ..2.2. Martha EUBANK b. 1783 - d. ?
- ..2.3. JAMES TAYLOR EUBANK b. 1787 VA. - d.
- ..2.2. Alice EUBANK b. 1790 - d. ? m. Col. Philip RICHARDSON
From "The Family History of Carl Leroy EUBANK": "On 1 Apr 1790 Hubbard TAYLOR led a party which included James EUBANK and Family to KY. arriving 13 May 1790. Their route was from Caroline Co. VA. to the Shenandoah Valley thence up the Great Philadelphia Wagon Road (the best road in America at the time, paved with crushed limestone) today's I-81 to Chambersburg, PA. where they took the road to Bedford, PA. Here, they took FORBES Road later called the "Pennsylvania Road", close to today's PA. Tunrpike). It was built in 1758 to enable the British and American forces to capture Fort Duquesne. It ran west from Bedford to Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, it was fit for pack animals only and when they came to Brownsville on the Monongahela River, they took rafts. They floated down the Monongahela to where it joined the Allegheny to form the Ohio. They continued on down the Ohio to Maysville, KY. where they went ashore and took to horse, proceeding to Springhill in Fayette Co. which later became Clark Co. In his words : "We set out on the first day of April 1790, came by way of Brownsville on the Monongahela, down that river and the Ohio to Limestone, now Maysville, in company with Mr. James EUBANK and family, who married my eldest sister, Lucy. At this time, I had three children living, Mildred, Lucy ad Hubbard. We arrived at our new home the 13th of May 1790, found about 6 acres of land opened, some cabins and the whole of a house without a chimney, floor or door." So far, no record has been found to indicate that James or Lucy owned any land in KY. or property of any sort. It is quite possible that James acted as Hubbard's plantation manager at Springhill, near present day Winchester, as Hubbard was often away on family business. There is no record of any pension applied for by either James or Lucy for his service in the Revlutionary War. There is, however, ample evidence that he served in the Virginia Militia through DAR records which mention his rank as Lt. It is possible that his time in the militia was not sufficient to earn a pension, or they did not feel the need for one. Some indication of James' wealth is that he is listed as a bondsman in a will in Fayette Co. KY. In the Will of Capt. William ELLIS dated 28 Apr 1804 in Fayette Co. KY. James T. EUBANK, is entered into as bond with James PARRISH as their securities in the penal sum of 3,000 pounds. With this in mind, it can be reasonably assumed that James and Lucy were well off, if not rich. The date of death of James and Lucy is unknown. However, James T. EUBANK, the son of James and Lucy, was frequently traveling to Clark Co. throughout 1812 and 1813 from Newport, KY. presumably to visit his parents, as his wife's family were from the Newport area and he resided in Newport up to his death in 1814. James Taylor EUBANK was born in VA. in 1787/88 and he died in Newport, KY. 7 Dec 1814. He was a prefessional soldier, receiving his first commission in the KY. Militia as a Lieutenant in 1809. He also received another commission in 1811 from the state of KY.
Sometime between 22 Aug 1812 and 27 Nov 1812, when James T. EUBANK was appointed Deputy Quartermaster, he joined President William Henry HARRISON's Army."
..2.3. JAMES TAYLOR EUBANK m. 06/02/1813 ANNA MARIA
BROWN b. ca 1792-95 - d. ca
1825........One Child born 1 month before J.T.
- ...3.1. JAMES MOSS TAYLOR EUBANK b.
01 Jan 1815 KY.
In 1816, The infant J.M.T.EUBANK was assigned as his guardian, his grandmother, Nancy MOSS_BROWN_MONTAGUE who was the recipient of money from her agent, Gen. James TAYLOR for services performed in the War of 1812 by James T. EUBANK
...3.1. JAMES MOSS TAYLOR EUBANK b. 1/1/1815 - d.
12/26/1867-IL. - m. (1840) #1. Sarah DEMPSEY
- James EUBANK b. 04/03/1842 KY.- d. 12-02-1873 Edgar Co. IL. Bur.: Edgar Cemetery, Lot 723 Paris, Edgar Co. IL.
...3.1. James Moss Taylor EUBANK m. #2. MARY ANN McCOY
b. 02/08/1826 - d.
5/19/1909-IL (d/o WILLIAM McCOY
, gr-d/o WILLIAM
83 years Old....
All Children born in Kenton Co. KY.
- ....4.1. Edwin Dozier EUBANK b. 03/29/1844 - d. 01/27-1926 81 yrs - 9 m - 25 dys m. 03-29-1864 Angeline "Angie" Viola HERBERT b. 08/30/1845 - d. 01/15/1931...Both buried in the Somerford Cemetery, Custer Co. NE. Lot 105
- .....5.1. Clarence H EUBANK
- .....5.2. Arthur E. EUBANK
- .....5.3. Mrs. G.G. Gene LUCE
- .....5.4. Mrs. Joseph HEMPSTEAD
- ....4.2. Josephine EUBANK b. 08/24/1846 m. DENIO
- ....4.3. William Moss EUBANK b. 04/03/1847 m.
Belle KENNEDY came to NE. abt. 1896
- ....4.4. Anna Marie EUBANK b. 04/14/1848 - d. 06-06-1913 m. Thomas DARNALL
- ....4.5. Mary Abigail EUBANK b. 06/12/1849 m. Sol
- ....4.6. VIRGINIA EUBANK b. 1/10/1851 m. JONAS
- ....4.7. Louisiana EUBANK b. 05/04/1852 m. Albert
- ....4.8. Martha "Mollie" EUBANK b. 08/23/1854 m. Thomas J. ROTH
- ....4.9. Cyrus Richard EUBANK b. 03/03/1855 m.
- ....4.10. Missouri Belle EUBANK b. 05/05/1857 m.
Elijah C. WELLS
- ....4.11. Carrie Viola EUBANK b. 03/16/1863 m.
[1850 Kenton Co. KY. Census also lists a "Mary
GARDINER b. 1789 in New
England" living with the EUBANKs]
Other EUBANKS buried in the Somerford Cem. are:
- Oscar M. EUBANK b. 11.29/1879 Lincoln, Lancaster Co. NE. - d. 04/27/1974 Lot #67;
- Jennie L. EUBANK b. 12/11/1888 - d. 02/04/1973 Lot #18 Block 1sw;
- Effie J. EUBANK b. 01/?/1892 - d. 1938 Block 6n Lot#67;
- infant EUBANK b. 11/13/1912 Block 6n Lot#67;
- Roscoe C.(G?) EUBANK b. 09/27/1917 - d. 12/10/???? Block 6n Lot#67
....4.6. VIRGINIA EUBANK
b. 1/10/1851 - d.
11/9/1920 Comstock, Custer Co. NE. - m. 12/1/1874 Brocton, Edgar Co. IL. JONAS SPECHT ROTH
b. 9/23/1850 Circleville, Pickaway Co. OH. - d.
03/16/1932 Comstock, Custer Co. NE. Both buried in
Douglas Grove Cemetery, Comstock.
....4.7. Louisa EUBANK m. Albert Maywood ROTH b.
7/7/1853 Circleville, OH. - d. 10/7/1914
....4.8. Martha EUBANK m. Thomas J. ROTH b. 12/3/1846
Circleville, OH. - d. 4/3/1930
....4.9. Cyrus Richard EUBANK m. Elizabeth "Lizzie" WOODS....Children:
- Oscar M. EUBANK
- Gertrude EUBANK (see bio: "Early Life in Custer County" - Dick and Elizabeth took a claim on Wager/Wagner Creek between Comstock and Coberg. It was 8 miles south of Sargent on what is now known as the BRASS Ranch.
- Living EUBANK
....4.10 Missouri Belle EUBANK m.
Elijah C. WELLS:
A.1.2. Royal EUBANK m. #1: Unknown Unknown, #2: 15 Jul 1801 Nancy GATEWOOD
- A.1.2.1. James EUBANK b. c1790
- A.1.2.2. "Fanny" EUBANK b. ?
- WILLIAM EUBANK m. ?
- JAMES EUBANK m. LUCY TAYLOR
- JAMES TAYLOR EUBANK m. ANNA MARIE BROWN
- JAMES MOSS TAYLOR EUBANK m. MARY ANN MCCOY
- VIRGINIA EUBANK m. JONAS SPECHT ROTH
- RICHARD EDGAR ROTH m. MINERVA ANN DURHAM
- ARTHUR MELVIN ROTH m. HELEN BELLE KELLERMAN
- PAUL ALAN ROTH