THE PYSSING LINE
Also spelled Peson, Pysing, Peyssum, Pysinge, Pisinge
"Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire," by Sybil Noyes, Charles T. Libby, Walter G. Davis (Reprint 1928-1929. Genealogical Pub. Co., Baltimore, 1988) p.357.
"Search for Passengers of the Mary and John" p.29
"Visitations of Somerset, 1531, 1573" by F.W. Weaver, editor 1885. Somerset Record Office, Taunton, Somerset, England
PYSSING LINE - FIRST GENERATION
Born: Lived in Abbotsbury, Dorset
Note: He was related to or descended from John Pysing alias Portsham, Abbot of Abbotsbury, 1505-1534.
Married: Elizabeth Samways, dau and heir of ( ) Samways of County Hants.
1. Hugh Pysing. He lived in Elworth, Abbotsbury, Dorset. His will dated 28 Feb 1585/6, was proved 30 Apr 1586. He m. Dorothy Browne, dau of ____ Browne of Sussex. They had four children.
2. RICHARD PYSINGE (PEYSSUM) d. 1588 (See below)
PYSSING LINE - SECOND GENERATION
Born: Lived at Crewkerne, Somerset, England
Died: Will 13 Apr 1588, proved 23 Jun 1588.
Parents: John Peyssum - Elizabeth Samways
Married: Margery _____.
1. Robert Pysing (Overseer of father's will 1588)
2. John Pysing bur. 10 Dec 1562 Crewkerne, Somerset, Eng.
3. Agnes Pysing bpt. 2 Oct 1569, bur. 25 Jun 1572 Crewkerne, Somerset, Eng.
4. Elizabeth Pysing
5. Mary Pysing m. Thomas Labye 22 Jun 1583
6. JOANE PYSING (See Below)
Summary of Richard Pysing's Will:
To be buried in the Chyurch of Crewkerne. Forty pounds to dau Elizabeth. Household goods in his house in JCrewkerne, to wife Margery. Mentions dau Marye Labye, Richard Everedd of Hawkechurche, dau Elizabeth Pisinge, dau Joane Hull. Overseers: son Robert & son-in-law Thomas Hull. Proved in London before the venerable man Master William Drury, Doctor of Laws, Keeper or Commissary of the Perogative Court of Canterbury June 25, 1588, on oath of Margery Pysinge Relict.
PYSSING LINE - THIRD GENERATION
Died: Buried 29 Dec 1636 Crewkerne, Somerset, England
Parents: Richard Pysinge - Margery _____
Marriage: Thomas HULL, b. abt 1552 probably Crewkerne, bur. 29 Dec 1636, Crewkerne, Somerset, Eng. Married: 11 Jan 1572/3
1. George HULL b: ABT 1589 in Crewkerne, Somerset, England
2. JOSEPH HULL Rev. b: ABT 1595 in Crewkerne, Somerset, England. (We descend from this line. See Hull line for children)
Line of Descent:
JOHN PEYSSUM, RICHARD PYSINGE, JOANNA PYSSING, REV. JOSEPH HULL, TRISTRAM HULL, JOHN HULL, ALICE HULL, HANNAH BORDEN, JAMES MACE, MARY MACE, CELIA HARRIS, ELWOOD O. PARISHO, JAMES ISOM PARISHO, WAYNE JAMES PARISHO, SUSANNE KAY PARISHO
BG's/Images by "Daze of Our Lives"