THE HOLLINGSWORTH LINE
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - FIRST GENERATION
Born: ____ of Cheshire, England
1. HENRY HOLLINGSWORTH b. abt 1598
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - SECOND GENERATION
Born: Abt 1598 Belleniskcramel, Parish of Segoe, County Armagh, Ireland
Died: 27 Oct 1675 in Ireland
Parents: Henrie Hollingsworth -
Married: bef 1631 to Katharine Cornish. She was b. abt 1602 in Armagh, Ireland and d. 1675 in Ireland.
1. VALENTINE HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1632 (see below)
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - THIRD GENERATION
Born: Aug 1632 Parish of Segoe, County Armagh, Ireland
Died: 1711 Newark, Delaware, at age 79, buried in Friends Cemetery.
Parents: Henry Hollingsworth - Katharine Cornish
Married 1st: Ann Ree, on 7 Apr 1655, dau of Nicholas and Ann Ree (Rea). She was b. abt 1628 Ireland, d. 1 Apr 1671 Ireland, buried in Friends Cemetery at Moyrarerty Co. Armagh, Ireland.
1. Mary Hollingsworth b. 25 Jan 1656, d. 1746, m. Thomas Conway (Conoway)
2. Henry Hollingsworth b. 7 Sep 1658, d. 1721, m. Lydia Atkinson
3. THOMAS HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1661 (see below)
4. CATHERINE HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1663 (see below)
Valentine came to America in 1682 and settled in New Castle Co. Delaware.
Married 2nd: Ann Calvert on 12 Jun 1672. She was the dau of Thomas and Jane, and granddaughter of John Calvert. They had:
5. Samuel Hollingsworth d. 1748
6. Enoch Hollingsworth d. 1687
7. Valentine Hollingsworth d. 1757
8 Ann Hollingsworth
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - FOURTH GENERATION
I. THOMAS HOLLINGSWORTH
Born: 1 May 1661 in Belleniskrannel, Armagh, Ireland
Died: 2 Apr 1727 in Winchester, VA by a buffalo in a hunt. Buried in Friends Burying Ground PA (Now DE).
Parents: Valentine Hollingsworth - Ann Ree
Married 1st: abt 1684 to Margaret Calvert. She b. abt 1664 of New Castle Co. DE and d. 1d 8m 1687 in New Castle Co. DE. She is dau of Thomas Calvert and Jane Glasford. They had:
1. ABRAHAM HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1686 (see below)
Married 2nd: Grace Cook(e), dau of Edward and Elizabeth (Fox) Cooke. He and Grace m. 31 Mar 1692 in PA.
2. Isaac Hollingsworth b. 16d 4m 1693, d. 1699
3. Elizabeth Hollingsworth b. 8d 11m 1694/5 m. Thomas Stroud 1718
4. Hannah Hollingsworth b. 17d 1m 1697, m. William Dixon 1718
5. Thomas Hollingsworth Jr. b. 23d 12m 1698/9 m. Judith Lampley, d. 1753
6. Ann Hollingsworth b. 6d 6m 1701, d. 1708
7. Jacob Hollingsworth b. 4d 1m 1704 m. Rachel Chandler (or Elizabeth Chandler)
8. Sarah Hollingsworth b. 7d 8m 1706 m. John Dixon 1723, m. 2nd David Pusey 1756
9. Joseph Hollingsworth b. 11d 3m 1709 m. Martha Houghton 1730
10. Grace Hollingsworth b. 9d 3m 1712 m. Mr. Nugent
4th GEN. CONTINUED:
II. CATHERINE HOLLINGSWORTH
Born: May 1663
Died: 29 Aug 1746
Parents: Valentine Hollingsworth - Ann Ree
Married: 2 Jan 1688 to George Robinson.
Note: See the Robinson Line for their children and descendants.
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - FIFTH GENERATION
Born: 19 Jan 1686 at Frederick Co VA
Died: Oct 1748, at age 61
Parents: Thomas Hollingsworth - Margaret Calvert
Married: 13 Mar 1710 to Ann Robinson. She was b. abt 1690 Frederick Co VA, and d. 1749 in Fred. Co. VA. She was the dau of George Robinson and Catherine Hollingsworth.
1. GEORGE HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1712 (See below)
2. Margaret Hollingsworth b. 1715 m. Benjamin Carter
3. Lydia Hollingsworth b. 1718 m. Lewis Neill
4. Isaac Hollingsworth b. 22d 2m 1722, d. 10 Sep 1759, m. Rachel Perkins in 1748. Isaac was a minister.
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - SIXTH GENERATION
Born: 12 Apr 1712 at Cecil Co MD.
Died: aft 1768
Parents: Abraham Hollingsworth - Ann Robinson
Note: We connect to George through children by both of his wives.
Married 1st: 19 Dec 1734 to Hannah McCoy in Fred Co VA at house of Isaac Parkins of VA. They resided at 1134 on N. Side of Opecken Colony, VA. Hannah was b. abt 1718 and was from Agusta, Fred. Co. VA and was the dau of Robert McCoy Sr. She d. bef 1754.
Married 2nd: in 1754 to Jane Elwell.
Children by Geoge and Hannah:
1. Joseph Hollingsworth b. 1735 Fred. Co VA, d. 10 Sep 1792, m 1st.____ Frost, m 2nd: Margaret (Wright) Hammer.
2. Isaac Hollingsworth b. 1737 Fred. Co VA d. 1809, m. Susannah Wright
3. ABRAHAM HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1739 (see below)
4. An(n) Hollingsworth b. 1741 Fred. Co VA, m. Mr. Broch
5. Robert Hollingsworth b. 1744 Fred Co VA, d. 1799, m. Susannah Rice
Children by George and Jane Elwell:
6. John Hollingsworth b. 1755 Fred Co VA, m. Rachel Wright
7. JAMES HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1758/9 (See below)
8. Henry Hollingsworth b. 1760 Fred Co VA, m. Sarah Cook
9. George Hollingsworth b. 1762 VA or SC, m. Jane Henry
10. Nathan Hollingsworth b. 1766 SC, unwed
11. Susanna Hollingsworth b. 1768 SC, m. Mr. Mote
Note: in 1762, George Hollingsworth sold all his property in Virginia and moved to South Carolina.
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - SEVENTH GENERATION
Note: The two step-brothers in this generation had children that wed each other. (cousins)
I. ABRAHAM HOLLINGSWORTH
Born: 1739 Frederick Co VA
Died: abt 1791/2 in Laurens Co. SC
Parents: George Hollingsworth and Hannah McCoy
Married: 1762 in Fred. Co VA to Margaret Wright. She d. bef Mar 1789 in Bush River, Newberry Co. SC.
1. George Hollingsworth b. 3 Oct 1763 Fred Co VA, m. Susanna _____.
2. Joseph Hollingsworth b. 22 Sep 1765, d. 8 Apr 1844, m. Rosannah Richols 1789.
3. Robert Hollingsworth b. 22 Nov 1767 d. abt 1826, m. Jennie Hamilton 1790
4. Levi Hollingsworth b. Jul 1771, d. 4 Aug 1843, m. Charity Hollingsworth
5. Jemima Hollingsworth b. 25 Sep 1773
6. Hannah Hollingsworth b. 10 Mar 1776
7. RICHARD HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1778 (See below)
7th GEN. CONTINUED:
II. JAMES HOLLINGSWORTH
Born: 1758/9 in VA or Newberry SC
Parents: George Hollingsworth - Jane Elwell
1. SARAH ANN HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1780 (see below)
2. Charity Hollingsworth m. Levi Hollingsworth, brother of Richard. (Sister Sarah's husband)
3. George Hollingsworth
Married 2nd: Sarah Wright, dau of Joseph and Charity Wright on 16 Nov 1786.
4. Ira Hollingsworth
5. Sara Hollingsworth
6. William Hollingsworth
7. Joseph Hollingsworth
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - EIGHTH GENERATION
Note: Cousins, we connect through both of them.
Born: 12 Jul 1778
Died: abt 1849 in Grant Co. IN
Parents: Abraham Hollingsworth - Margaret Wright
SARAH ANN HOLLINGSWORTH
Died: after 1850 in Grant Co. IN (was age 70 in 1850 Census)
Parents: James Hollingsworth - _______
Married: Richard Hollingsworth and Sarah Hollingsworth m. bef 1800.
1. (daughter) Hollingsworth died young
2. James Hollingsworth b. 1 Aug 1801 SC, m. Mary Brooks 18 Dec 1824
3. LYDIA HOLLINGSWORTH b. 1804 (see below)
4. Sarah Hollingsworth b. 1 Aug 1807 m. Isaiah Thomas
5. Michael Hollingsworth b. 1812 m. Nancy Ann Thomas
6. Joseph Hollingsworth
7. Parker Hollingsworth b. 21 May 1821, m.1st Mary Jay, and 2nd Polly Pearson in 1849, and 3rd Ruth Ann Brown in 1861, and 4th Rebecca Moorman in 1866.
8. Moses Hollingsworth b. 14 Nov 1824 m. Sarah Ann Russell
9. Ira Hollingsworth b. 26 Jul 1826 m. Phebe Russell
HOLLINGSWORTH LINE - NINTH GENERATION
Born: 25 Nov 1804 in South Carolina
Parents: Richard Hollingsworth - Sarah Ann Hollingsworth
Married 1st: 26 Sep 1822 in Union Co IN to James Jay. He was b. 10 Jan 1802 in Newberry Dist. SC, and d. 25 May 1845 in New Garden, Wayne Co IN.
We connect through their dau Lavina Jay. See the Jay Line for children and descendants.
Married 2nd: to Thomas Harris.
Line of Descent: (Have several)
HENRIE HOLLINGSWORTH, HENRY HOLLINGSWORTH, VALENTINE HOLLINGSWORTH, THOMAS HOLLINGSWORTH, ABRAHAM HOLLINGSWORTH, GEORGE HOLLINGSWORTH, ABRAHAM HOLLINGSWORTH, JAMES HOLLINGSWORTH, RICHARD HOLLINGSWORTH, LYDIA HOLLINGSWORTH, LEVINA JAY, LYDIA THOMAS, LORETTA MACY, JAMES PARISHO, WAYNE PARISHO, SUSANNE PARISHO
NOTE: I also have a website named "Genealogy Graphic Sets by Tristram." Please come visit!
BG's/Images by "Daze of Our Lives"