- John Hardyman (A.G. 50,083), Lieut., 2 Va. State Regt., comm. Sept. 24, 1779. Feb. 12, 1783, a warrant was issued by the state of Va. for 2,666 acres of land. He m Miss Hannah Harrison; and died in 1808, in Elizabeth Co., Va. without issue. He had a bro. Stith Hardyman, who d leavig a son Tyler Hardyman, and the latter d in Ala. leaving children. He also had a sister, who m Peter Eppes, and the children of this marriage were the only heirs of John Hardyman in 1856. (From Virginia State Troops, State Line, p. 549).
- [S177] Margie G. Brown, Genealogical Abstracts, p. 180-81.
Rachel Tyler Drummond (F)
b. c 1755, d. a 1810
Child of Rachel Tyler Drummond and Stith Hardyman
- Tyler Hardyman+ b. 29 Nov 1783, d. a Jul 1860
Children of Elizabeth Epes and Littleberry Hardyman
- Erasmus Hardyman b. c 1785, d. c 1785
Louisa Hardyman+ b. 25 Dec 1787, d. 23 Oct 1847
Susan Hardyman+ b. c 1789
- After Littleberry's death Elizabeth married John Cocke. They may be the parents of Martha Cocke b. c1790 who married Theophilus Lacy. Theo & Martha had a dau named FRANCES HARDEMAN LACY and their son, Theo Jr., m. Francis Hardyman Binford, dau of Peter Binford & Grace Dameron Lee. Peter Binford was a son of John M. Binford and Frances "Fanny" Hardyman.
- [S178] Author unk., "Cockes of Charles City", p. 82-3.
- [S190] Hardyman-Eppes Marriage, online www.ancestry.com.
Lucy Ballard (F)
b. c 1765
- [S620] BLM - Eastern States, No. 2613.
- [S160] Benjamin B. Weisiger III, Pr. George Wills & Deeds 1713-1728, p. 572.