The Palliser sign over the shop was moved to the joiners yard and then rescued when the joiners yard was demolished in approximately early 1980. It now hangs in our garage.
Palliser Houses and Joiners
The two houses to the right of the picture belonged to Palliser families. Next door to them ( to the right of the picture) and just out of sight is the Joiners Workshop of Alfred Palliser .
Alfred Palliser and Mary Ann Milburn
Alfred born Sowerby 1833 Died Redcar 1914
The Palliser Family
From left to right.
Alfred Roger, Elizabeth Ellen, Ewart Milburn, Edwin Frederick, Arthur Henry, Minnie
Jane with baby, Mary Ann, Gertrude Mary, Alfred Palliser.
Believe the two little boys to be grandchildren
The Palliser Family at Camp
A miniature boot believed to have been made by George Palliser – Cordwainer-Master Shoemaker and latterly Postmaster at Sowerby.
George born Sowerby 1798 buried 1883 age 83yrs
The font cover presented to
St Peters Church Redcar in memory of Alfred and Mary Ann Palliser.
To the glory of God.
His wife Mary
Ann Palliser 78yrs Who fell
asleep May 28th 1915.