This came out in the DGS Newsletter for this month. (Dallas Genealogical
Volume 23, Number 203, Nov. 1999
Golden Rule of E-Mail
That which thou findest hateful to receive, sendest thou not unto others!
The Ten Commandments of E-Mail
1. THOU SHALT include a clear and Specific subject line.
2. THOU SHALT edit any quoted text down to the minimum thou needest.
3. THOU SHALT read thine own message thrice before sending.
4. THOU SHALT ponderest how the recipient(s) might react to thy message.
5. THOU SHALT check spelling and grammer.
6. THOU SHALT not curse, flame, spam, nor USE ALL CAPS.
7. THOU SHALT not forward any chain letter.
8. THOU SHALT not use e-mail for any illegal or unethical purposes.
9. THOU SHALT not rely on the privacy of e-mail, especially from work, but
THOU SHALT respect the privacy of others.
10. When in doubt, save the message overnight and reread it in the light
of dawn before hitting the "send button.