Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Zealandia
Ship: 1116 tons
Captain: G Sellars
Surgeon Superintendent:

Sailed London July 19th 1880 - arrived Dunedin October 20th 1880

The Zealandia, a fine iron clipper-built ship of 1116 tons, was built for the Shaw, Savill Co, in 1869 and made her maiden voyage to Lytteton. The Zealandia was a beautiful ship, specially designed for carrying passengers. Her saloon was spacious and lofty. and the cabins were unusually large and well ventilated, having extra large portholes to them. The decoration of the saloon was extremely chaste. She had some special cabins for families, and a ladies saloon. The second cabin was on deck and the berths were larger then usual and well lighted. The Zealandia, after completing 31 voyages to New Zealand, was sold to the Russians. She was stranded in 1911, and sold to a firm in Nova Scotia.
White Wings - Sir Henry Brett

Name Age County Occupation
Saloon Passengers
Allardyce Mr A S
Bamford Mr H W
Martin Mr A R
Quiche Mr E
Second Cabin & Steerage
Bayfield Mr
Bragg Mr
Greenlees Mr
Hay Miss
Holshan Mr
Manley Mr
Mrs
Mark Mr
Maxwell Mr
Moore Mr
Mrs
Patillo Mr H
Paton Mr
Sharp Mr
Mrs
Child
Sharp Mr
Spence Mrs
Child
Stanley Mr
Wilson Mr
Mrs
4 children
Whittingham Mr
Mrs
2 children
Young Mr
                                           

Copyright Denise & Peter 2006

Reference:
The Otago Witness October 30th 1880