Search billions of records on

Ship: 1116 tons
Captain: G Sellars
Surgeon Superintendent:

Sailed London June 16th 1876 - arrived Wellington September 18th 1876

The Zealandia, a fine iron clipper-built ship of 1116 tons, was built for the Shaw, Savill Co, in 1869 and made her maiden voyage to Lytteton. The Zealandia was a beautiful ship, specially designed for carrying passengers. Her saloon was spacious and lofty. and the cabins were unusually large and well ventilated, having extra large portholes to them. The decoration of the saloon was extremely chaste. She had some special cabins for families, and a ladies saloon. The second cabin was on deck and the berths were larger then usual and well lighted. The Zealandia, after completing 31 voyages to New Zealand, was sold to the Russians. She was stranded in 1911, and sold to a firm in Nova Scotia.
White Wings - Sir Henry Brett

Arrival of the Zealandia

Name Age County Occupation
Chief Cabin Passengers
Campbell W D
Croker Mr
Lindsay Reverend J
Peat Mr D
Rive P A
Shaw J W
Young J E
Second Cabin Passengers
Allan Mr
Bristand P
Franklin Mr J
John A
Gray Mr J
Hill S C
Smith Miss
Miss C
Steerage Passengers
Adams H J
Coleman J W
Eaves J
Glacken D
Milhan W
Perry J
Thompson J
Twistleton H J
Whisker J

Copyright Denise & Peter 2006 - 2007

The Evening Post September 19th 1876