ARRIVAL OF THE ALBERT WILLIAM
The Daily Southern Cross December 6th 1864
The fine clipper barque Albert William, Captain J Walker, arrived in harbour yesterday afternoon, after an average passage of 113 days from the Downs. She left London on the 10th August, and took her final start from the Lizard on the 13th August. Passed inside Cape de Verde Islands, and experienced S W winds from the 15th to the 22nd; afterwards had light northerly winds to 140 N. Crossed the Equator on the 18th September in 240 29' W longitude. The S E trades proved good, and the meridian of the Cape was made on the 18th October. Experienced fine weather to Van Diemen's Land, which was made on the 18th November. Ran down her easting to 470 S., and sighted the Three Kings on the 30th, at noon. Cape Brett was passed on the 2nd instant, since when light winds and calms have prevailed.
The ship W H Hazeldine, from London to Canterbury, was spoken on the 6th August, in 420 N lat, 330 W long ten days out.
The Albert William has a full cargo of general merchandise and about twenty passengers. She is a fine iron barque of 503 tons; was built at Sunderland in 1863, and is now on her second voyage. She is owned by Messrs. Wilson and Chambers, of Liverpool, and is classed A1 for twelve years. Her commander, Captain Walker, is spoken very highly of by the passengers, all of whom appear to be in excellent health.