Jacob Wesley DANIELL
M, b. 30 July 1876, d. 30 July 1950
Jacob Wesley DANIELL|b. 30 Jul 1876\nd. 30 Jul 1950|p172.htm|Solomon Gary DANIELL|b. 11 Feb 1845\nd. 31 Dec 1918||Martha Jane Stewart|b. 5 Jun 1860\nd. 20 May 1945||Rev. Jacob J. DANIELL|b. 23 Jan 1815\nd. 29 May 1891||Eunice Martin|b. 27 Nov 1814\nd. 7 Aug 1889||||||||
- Area Maps
- Bibb County and Vicinity Map
Jacob Wesley DANIELL was born on 30 July 1876 in Alabama, son of Solomon Gary DANIELL and Martha Jane Stewart.
Jacob & Minnie Daniell Tombstone
Jacob Wesley DANIELL appeared on a census, enumerated 23 June 1880, in the household of Solomon Gary DANIELL and Martha Jane Stewart in Beat 1, Bibb County, Alabama.2
Jacob Wesley DANIELL and John Henry DANIELL appeared on a census enumerated 1 June 1900 in west of Coffee Creek, Blocton, Bibb County, Alabama. They appeared as lodgers in the residence of Perry Yeager along with three other young men. Both brothers were single, with Jacob listed as a 23-year-old dry goods salesman, born July 1876, and John Daniell, 21, a teamster, born October 1878.3
Jacob married Della L. Thompson circa 1902 in Bibb County, Alabama.4 He was store manager for the Holmes Lumber Co. in 1908 in Scottsville. He later worked as a coal miner.5
Della died on 11 May 1908 in Scottsville, Alabama, at age 23, leaving Jacob as a widower.4,5
Jacob Wesley DANIELL was identified as her surviving husband in Della L. Thompson's obituary in the Blocton Enterprise newspaper, dated 21 May 1908, published in West Blocton, Alabama. The article noted: "She leaves a husband and a little girl about 3 years of age to mourn her loss. On last Wednesday an infant preceeded its mother to the grave."5
Jacob married Minnie Mae BURT, daughter of Eustace Pierre BURT and Martha Jane YEAGER, on 19 September 1909 at Ada Chapel in Bibb County, Alabama. The service was performed by J. A. Anderson, minister of the gospel.6
During World War I Jacob Wesley DANIELL registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Blocton, Bibb County, Alabama. He was described as a 42-year-old white male, tall and slender, with gray eyes and light hair. His date of birth was 30 Jul 1876 and his residence was Rt. 4 in Blocton and he was employed as a miner for T. C. I. & R. R. Co. in Blocton. Minnie was listed as his nearest relative.7
Jacob Wesley DANIELL and Minnie Mae BURT appeared as head of household on a census enumerated 25 April 1930 in Beat 13, Bibb County, Alabama. The household was listed as Jake W. Daniell, 52-year-old farmer and Minnie, his 42-year-old wife. They owned their farm and had two children, J. Wesley, 16, a farm laborer, and 8-year-old Odell.8
Jacob Wesley DANIELL died on 30 July 1950 at his residence in West Blocton, Bibb County, Alabama, at age 74.1,9 He was buried in the Daniell Cemetery.
Last Edited=25 Jun 2010
Children of Jacob Wesley DANIELL and Della L. Thompson
- Charles Roy DANIELL10 b. 24 Feb 1904, d. 6 Mar 1904
- Nora Lee DANIELL b. 28 Mar 1906, d. 7 Jan 1993
- Infant DANIELL11
Children of Jacob Wesley DANIELL and Minnie Mae BURT
- [S423] Burial Registration, Vol. 2, July 3, 1950 - October 17, 1951.
- [S258] 1880 U. S. Census, Bibb County, Alabama, Solomon Daniell household 289, ED 1, pg. 262.
- [S132] 1900 U. S. Census, Bibb County, Alabama, Perry Yeager household, ED 10, pg. 2A.
- [S5] Howard F. McCord, Cemeteries of Bibb County, Alabama 1817-1974.
- [S388] Jacque Otts, "Mrs. J. W. Daniel Obituary," listserve message 22 January 2001, "The Blocton Enterprise", Vol. 2, No. 18, pg. 4, West Blocton, AL, May 21, 1908.
- [S271] Bibb County Marriages: Book M, pg. 120. (License found in loose papers vault).
- [S166] WWI Draft Registration, online http://www.ancestry.com, Jacob Wesley Daniell, Serial #2384, Order A-1494, roll 1509349.
- [S475] 1930 U. S. Census, Bibb County, Alabama, Jake W. Daniell household 116, ED 20, pg. 6-B.
- [S568] "Alabama Death Index, 1908-1974", Jacob W. Daniell, Vol. 31, certificate 15145, roll 5.
- [S11] Daniell Cemetery, Tombstone Inscription, Author's Personal Collection, Prattville, Alabama.
- [S11] Daniells Cemetery, Tombstone Inscription, Author's Personal Collection, Prattville, Alabama.
- [S363] Interview, J. W. Daniell, 4 June 2000, At intervewer's home.
- [S363] Interview, J. W. Daniell, 4 June 2000, At author's home.
Information on this site has been gathered over many years from many sources. Although great care has been taken, inaccuracies may exist.