FORD G. SHAFFER
One of the leading insurance and real estate firms in the Sacramento Valley is that of Fred Shaffer & Son, of Woodland, of which Ford G. Shaffer is the junior member. This is a progressive and enterprising concern, conducts its business in accordance with the highest business ethics and commands the respect of the public to a marked degree. Ford G. Shaffer was born in Idaho Springs, Colorado, on the 20th of May, 1903, and received his early education in the public schools of Denver, Colorado. The family came to Woodland and he here attended and graduated from high school. He then entered the office of the county engineer, under Asa G. Proctor, and was so engaged until May 1928, when he joined his father in the real estate and insurance business, under the firm name of Fred Shaffer & Son. They represent a number of the strongest and largest insurance companies in this country and have placed an enormous amount of insurance in this section of the valley. They have also built up a large and important real estate business, handling both city and country property, and are known as capable and dependable business men.
Mr. Shaffer was united in marriage to Miss Charlotte Krebs, a native of Sacramento and a member of one of this state’s old pioneer families. Mr. Shaffer is a member of Woodland Lodge, No. 1299, Benevolent Protective Order of Elks; the Woodland Lions Club; and the Carlton Club, a high school organization. About six years ago Mr. Shaffer enlisted in Company B, One Hundred and Eight-fourth Regiment California National Guard. He was successively promoted to sergeant, second lieutenant and first lieutenant and has shown a deep interest in the welfare of that organization. He is a man of pleasing address and sterling qualities, has a host of friends throughout this locality and is regarded as one of Woodland’s best citizens.
Transcribed by Gerald Iaquinta.
Source: Wooldridge, J. W. Major, History of Sacramento Valley California, Vol. 2 Pages 350-351. Pioneer Historical Publishing Co. Chicago 1931.
© 2010 Gerald Iaquinta.